[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (45 Viewers)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rab, I think it's a bit early to start with Trezeguet now...
but I get your point... Amauri needs a rest and Iaquinta is better coming off the bench...
I think it's early too and I'd rather see him start against Napoli on Wed. But looking at this situation, Amauri needs to hit the bench indeed. It's between Iaquinta and David.

What's with you guys benching Marchisio? Our far and away best midfielder for the last three or four games.
One of best our players indeed in our last two games. But you just can't organize your midfield having both Sissoko and Marchisio. One of Zanetti/Tiago should start.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Considering the other midfielders will probably be Nedved and Marchionni i'm inclined to agree. Would be different if we had Giovinco and Camoranesi to flank them.

About Amauri; Despite him not scoring recently, the guy is still a beast. He wins so many balls and does so much himself(though that may be his problem?).

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Considering the other midfielders will probably be Nedved and Marchionni i'm inclined to agree. Would be different if we had Giovinco and Camoranesi to flank them.

About Amauri; Despite him not scoring recently, the guy is still a beast. He wins so many balls and does so much himself(though that may be his problem?).
My only problem with Amauri is that he tends to hold the ball a lot instead of passing it faster. He's no Ale or Camoranesi and that's why I don't like it when he keeps the ball between his legs instead of passing it fast.

That said, I would like to see him on the bench not because of his recent performances but because I don't remember the last time he sat out. Might be healthy anyway.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I'd love to see something attacking and different even if just to give our players a wake-up call, so something like.

-----------------------------Buffon----------------------------
---Mellberg-------Legro---------Chiellini--------Molinaro---
--------------Marchisio----Tiago----Sissoko-----------------
--------------DP------------IQ-----------------Gio-----------
with forwards having alot of freedom to roam with Trez coming in as a sub.
What is going to happen is Nedved and Marchionni starting wit Amauri in a 4-4-2

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You need a winger to play on the right side when Mellberg is playing RB, otherwise there will be no width on that side.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
You need a winger to play on the right side when Mellberg is playing RB, otherwise there will be no width on that side.
If you're commenting on my team, then I'd say Marchisio can cover that together with IQ, but in all honesty this isn't a team with natural widemen.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If you're commenting on my team, then I'd say Marchisio can cover that together with IQ, but in all honesty this isn't a team with natural widemen.
A narrow team like that is very easy for an organised defence to close down.

You need width, or none of the creative players will be able to find the space in which to play and create chances.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I still think it's better to go with players who can play on the wing (IQ, Gio and even Marchisio) then players who are having trouble playing at all at the moment (Nedved, Marchionni).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That's one thing, but at least play Grygera at RB.

He can provide some width on that side, where Mellberg cannot.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I would rather opt for the trident:

Mellberg Legro Chiellini DC

Zanetti Marchisio Sissoko

Amauri Trezequet/Iaquinta DP
And let me explain the reasons behind this formation.

Mellberg; Grygera is not in a good form, he needs to be benched and Mellberg has proved he can do fairly good there, atm

Legro; will feel a lot more comfortable between Mellberg and Chiellini, he will be reborn again...

Chiellini; has to return asap, Cagliari would be a nice warm up game!

De Ceglie; Needs more playing time, esp against the inferior teams, his presence in my scheme has a dual role, his lungs and skills will allow him to make runs and reach for DP, Neddy is unable to offer more atm anyway...

We need to drop Marchionni and Neddy, they hit the bottom, they need some time to find themselves. Against Cagliari we can afford to use the trident, esp since all of our forward line is available. If not know when?? Its supposed to be an overkill for Cagliari and that would boost our confidence a great deal!

So Sissoko and Zanetti will dominate the midfield and cover up the spaces between our raising fullbacks! Whilst Marchisio will do what he does best, he will link our midfield with out forward line, balancing our game and able to defend if the other DMs are drifted to the sides!

Amauri is still very useful, despite he didnt quite scored a lot recently. He can still be very creative and in many games he tends to draw back and work as a right winger/SS. In this scheme, he wont have to worry much about scoring anyway, just to do what he does best and let the exp finishers to their job.

DP is essential to our cause, we tried without him and we failed, he has to be there! At 75' he may be replaced by Giovinco...

As for the CF position;
If Treze is ready, he should start and then replaced by Iaq, even at the HT. They both are more efficient that way (Treze starting and Iaq coming in as a sub)
If Treze is far from ready, then Iaq should start at be used as CF, instead of Amauri, for the known reasons.

Although CR will be probably scared to try such an offensive scheme, right after a negative result,
but i am certain that he will try that soon or later!
I think it is the best possible moment to do so.
We need a convincing victory, Cagliari in our home seems to be an easy victim.
A team we could try a few new things. We are in a winger crisis. Their performance is just horrible, Camo is not there to change that and our owners have decided that Giovinco's future would be to replace DP's position.
So we may drop them and use the abundance of CMs and forwards to our favor.
When we were signing so many strikers, CR has been always hinting for the possibility of the trident, it is a perfect opportunity to test that weapon, we have been denied for the first part of the season. Our best weapon is still unused.
If it works, our chances for the title and CL advancement, will be increased!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Cronios, While your arguments for each individual position make sense, I'm not convinced that that group of players could work together for the reasons I stated in the posts above.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
expected lineup:

-------*-------
*---*---*-Nedved
-----*--*-----

:yawn:
don't forget marchionni as well

marchisio is surprisingly our best player on the past 4 weeks.
yes, tru! but this was the same for the tiago-sissoko mid b4 the inter game when tiago was lookin like the CM we been missing all this time.

it's all about form, playing consecutive games which builds confidence, fuidity and most improtantly consistency in the team. This was y i think tiago looked so good b4 christmas and marchisio is lookin so good now, they both benefited/ing from extended runs in the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)