[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Sampdoria [December 29th, 2018] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Woow, what a dumb retard Saponara really is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even if he wasnt sure who touched that ball or didnt see, even if he wasnt sure what the rules are, THE ONLY thing that he had to be a 200% sure in this situation is that he is in a clear offside position by 2-3 meters, he perfectly understands where he is and where Juventus players are. THE ONLY thing that he shouldnt do in this situation is rush for the ball and play it, especially with a Samp player inches from the ball as well. ALL Saponara had to do is let his teammate take the ball... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again, retard!

Buy on AliExpress.com

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Also wooooow, thats some new level unbiased and objective analysis :lol: :lol: :lol:

VAR controversy in Juventus vs. Sampdoria: analyzing the situations

29 December at 15:40
VAR became the main talking point during (and after) Juventus' encounter with Sampdoria, as it was called into action three times, sparking some heated discussions on social media.

The first one was pretty straightforward, as Emre Can used his arm (in an extended manner) to clear the ball in the box. :lol: This resulted in a penalty for Sampdoria, which was converted by Quagliarella.

However, the second decision has been the basis of far more advanced discussions, as the majority seem to think that it wasn't a penalty for Juventus. Ferrari received the ball on his arm, which for the record was close to his body and not stretched, unlike Emre Can. :lol:

The referee, Valeri, initially pointed to the penalty spot, but was then forced to check the situation again via VAR. This confirms that VAR did indeed see Valeri's decision as a 'clear and obvious error', meaning that the decision should've been cancelled by the referee, though this wasn't the case. Had the decision been correct from the first place, then only a silent check would've been conducted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The third decision didn't leave without some controversy either, as Saponara scored a fantastic equaliser. However, in the sequence leading up to the goal, the Italian was in an offside position, as the ball arrived from a tussle between Defrel and Alex Sandro. The latter clearly got the last touch of the ball, which normally would mean that Saponara was onside.

In this case, though, the referee decided to rule out the goal for offside, as Alex Sandro's touch wasn't intentional. Defrel's touch simply deflected off the Brazilian, who wasn't aware of the touch until after it had happened.

JuveMerica

Jul 14, 2017
RAI Italia basically asking for a farsopoli 2.0. lol
I find it amazing how in Italy national commentators are allowed to show so much bias. In the US national sports commentators are supposed to show a level of unbiased reporting no matter where their allegiances lie. Heck, even commentators for local channels are more professional. Sure, they kiss the ass of individual stars, but that's what sells the game. In Italy guys will straight up trash teams they don't like. It's so stupid

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I find it amazing how in Italy national commentators are allowed to show so much bias. In the US national sports commentators are supposed to show a level of unbiased reporting no matter where their allegiances lie. Heck, even commentators for local channels are more professional. Sure, they kiss the ass of individual stars, but that's what sells the game. In Italy guys will straight up trash teams they don't like. It's so stupid
Seriously. Even in South America sports commentators and journalists are unbiased.

Italy is a big ass joke.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm among the minority that don't find the two penalty calls shocking at all.
In both cases the ball came from a corner kick cross and I don't see how can we consider it ball to hand when the distance between the corner and the penalty box is 20-30 meters. I wouldn't give penalties for a handball in the box only when the hand is in a natural position AND the shot before the handball comes from short distance. But when the distance was as big as it was in the 2nd case today, or when the arm is not in a natural position as it was in Can's case, I'd give a penalty and I think the rules say exactly the same.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We were sleeping for 40-50 minutes in this match and still got the 3 points.

This is why Napoli can't win Scudetto even when they get 90+ points like they did last season.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
One of the first game where i saw VAR used in superb way. Imo its not for the Valeri but the VAR ref who was brilliant. Valeri made couple of mistakes in the game but the VAR ref was spot on with his decisions and helped him so much. The cancelled goal was a masterpiece, not many refs would see this offside.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
One of the first game where i saw VAR used in superb way. Imo its not for the Valeri but the VAR ref who was brilliant. Valeri made couple of mistakes in the game but the VAR ref was spot on with his decisions and helped him so much. The cancelled goal was a masterpiece, not many refs would see this offside.
What about the penalty decisions with var it seems that referees think every handball incident is intentional

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
well i dont know the rules so i can only refer to the logic - there should be no penalty in the game. AFAIK the rules says otherwise and the penalties were rightfully whistled.

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
Oh come on guys, how can you guys be ok with winning like this????? Seriously, i was almost actually mad when I saw that Saponaras goal was called off....how they can call him off when the ball deflected off of costa is wild to me, if that was against us we'd be saying the same thing, not to mention our pk was very very soft, i fucking hate winning like this, it neglects and taints everything. Not to mention we've been playing like absolute shit the past month so another draw would've maybe woken our asses up.
This team, with this midfield, and this same mentality, isn't going anywhere in europe again

- - - Updated - - -

well i dont know the rules so i can only refer to the logic - there should be no penalty in the game. AFAIK the rules says otherwise and the penalties were rightfully whistled.
That was not offside lol, you have to be delusional to think so. If that was called against us this forum would be having a riot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)