[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Sampdoria [December 29th, 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Oh come on guys, how can you guys be ok with winning like this????? Seriously, i was almost actually mad when I saw that Saponaras goal was called off....how they can call him off when the ball deflected off of costa is wild to me, if that was against us we'd be saying the same thing, not to mention our pk was very very soft, i fucking hate winning like this, it neglects and taints everything. Not to mention we've been playing like absolute shit the past month so another draw would've maybe woken our asses up.
This team, with this midfield, and this same mentality, isn't going anywhere in europe again

- - - Updated - - -

That was not offside lol, you have to be delusional to think so. If that was called against us this forum would be having a riot
well dude rules are written before a game or a goal.
So do we have to ignore rules cause someone doesn't like them to be applied in some limit cases?
If the rule state that an unitentional deflection doesn't restore an offside position what do you expect?

In fact in Italy right now people are discussing the penalty they gave us rather than the goal ruled as offside.
They cry saying "it's too beautiful to disallow sometimes rules shoudn't be applied too much" which is ridicoulus. Either you apply them or change them.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That was not offside lol, you have to be delusional to think so. If that was called against us this forum would be having a riot
An offside call is not a subjective call. A player is, or he isn't offside. And if he is, the goal is disallowed.
Now, the question is: When is a player considered offside?
FIFA has an offside rule, which is regularly updated and refs, coaches, players are informed about the updates.
Here it is: https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/5. law 11_554.pdf

You can read it all, but I will cut it down to the important parts regarding Saponara's disallowed goal:
- A player is in offside position if: Nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent at the moment the ball TOUCHES or is played by one of his teammates (page 3)
- Gaining an advantage by being in offside position means: Playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent, having previously been in an offside position (page 11)

So, Saponara was offside at the moment the ball touched his teammate AND at the moment the ball rebounded to him off an opponent (Alex Sandro).

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Oh come on guys, how can you guys be ok with winning like this????? Seriously, i was almost actually mad when I saw that Saponaras goal was called off....how they can call him off when the ball deflected off of costa is wild to me, if that was against us we'd be saying the same thing, not to mention our pk was very very soft, i fucking hate winning like this, it neglects and taints everything. Not to mention we've been playing like absolute shit the past month so another draw would've maybe woken our asses up.
This team, with this midfield, and this same mentality, isn't going anywhere in europe again

- - - Updated - - -

Juve played like shit but that was offside. I dont know a single ref who says otherwise. Rules are clear.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Juve played like shit but that was offside. I dont know a single ref who says otherwise. Rules are clear.
It was surely offside and it had to be disallowed.
But it also showed that the offside rule is not perfect. Being offside indicates advantage. Yet, Saponara, being offside, was actually disadvantaged. He had to run back for the ball. If he wasn't offside, he'd have gotten the ball faster.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
An offside call is not a subjective call. A player is, or he isn't offside. And if he is, the goal is disallowed.
Now, the question is: When is a player considered offside?
FIFA has an offside rule, which is regularly updated and refs, coaches, players are informed about the updates.
Here it is: https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/5. law 11_554.pdf

You can read it all, but I will cut it down to the important parts regarding Saponara's disallowed goal:
- A player is in offside position if: Nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent at the moment the ball TOUCHES or is played by one of his teammates (page 3)
- Gaining an advantage by being in offside position means: Playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent, having previously been in an offside position (page 11)

So, Saponara was offside at the moment the ball touched his teammate AND at the moment the ball rebounded to him off an opponent (Alex Sandro).
"but Alex Sandro also touched the ball"
"but Alex Sandro meant to play the ball"
"but the goal was so nice the rules shouldn't apply"

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm among the minority that don't find the two penalty calls shocking at all.
In both cases the ball came from a corner kick cross and I don't see how can we consider it ball to hand when the distance between the corner and the penalty box is 20-30 meters. I wouldn't give penalties for a handball in the box only when the hand is in a natural position AND the shot before the handball comes from short distance. But when the distance was as big as it was in the 2nd case today, or when the arm is not in a natural position as it was in Can's case, I'd give a penalty and I think the rules say exactly the same.
Yup, im with you.

Both were hands. Emre was unintentional but he had his arm separated from his body and the ball hitted between the elbow area and the shoulder. I could be called a pen no doubts.

The samp pen was to the refs decition, since it was unintentional too, but if you feel like calling a pen, legitimately could be a pen.

So no crying for both parties IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)