[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Parma (March 26th 2014) (18 Viewers)

Juve 2-1 Parma Man of the Match

• Tevez

• Tevez again for good measure

Results are only viewable after voting.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
We're currently 11 pts ahead , so if Roma wins their postponed game vs Parma and we win our regular vs Parma tonight , we'd still be 11 pts ahead ,not 8.
so? where did i say anything else?
read my post again... i said that´s what scared people probably think, not that it makes a lot of sence ;)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
well i kinda understand that some are a little worried because their thinking probably goes like this:
- we are 11 points ahead right now
- roma will win their postponed game against parma -> +8
- if we lose to napoli while roma win -> +5
- if we lose to roma -> +2
-> scudetto race wide open :p

pessimism is strong around here
But isn't that a possible scenario? Forget pessimism for a while now.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
well i kinda understand that some are a little worried because their thinking probably goes like this:
- we are 11 points ahead right now- roma will win their postponed game against parma -> +8
- if we lose to napoli while roma win -> +5
- if we lose to roma -> +2
-> scudetto race wide open :p

pessimism is strong around here
After beating Parma tonight we'll be 14 points clear of Roma and even if they win their game in hand we'll still be 11 points clear and not 8 like mentionned in the post above.

Mar 4, 2007
We lose the next two and the scudetto race could be back on with 6 to play. :scared:

The team looks really tired and I have got to say Roma refuses to up. They've had a very good run. I really thought they'd draw last night and we could take it a bit easy, but even with 11 points up, I'm not convinced we have win the title yet. Two tricky games back to back when we are tired may create an uneasy situation in the table if we drop points, which I think is going to happen.
:agree:

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i don´t get the question... of course it´s possible ^^
it´s also possible that we lose all our remaining games and roma win every single one of theirs.

current situation:

i played a bit around: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/italien/serie-a-tim/2013-14/30/tabellenrechner.html

assuming roma win all of their remaining games (chances for that should be close to 0):
sassuolo (a), parma (h), cagliari (a), bergamo (h), fiorentina (a), milan (h), catania (a), juve (h), genoa (a)
this would take them to 94 points. (in the reverse fixtures roma won 4, drew 4 and lost 1 -> 16 points out of 27)

juve:
parma (h), napoli (a), livorno (h), udinese (a), bologna (h), sassuolo (a), bergamo (h), roma (a), cagliari (h)

then the results below would take us to 94 points as well. obviously we can do better than that. (edit: had a small mistake here first)

win: livorno (h), bologna (h), sassuolo (a), bergamo (h), cagliari (h)
draw: parma (h)
loss: napoli (a), udinese (a), roma (a)

having said that: today and sunday will be two of the hardest games remaining + roma have their postponed game on wednesday... so be prepared for the gap getting smaller ^^

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
You lot worry too much. We'll win tonight's game. Play like shiit against Napoli playing not to lose. Then autopilot our way to our 3rd consecutive scudetto, saving energy for next season.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
The boys will be fired up for tonight's game, 3-0. Maybe a Parma goal squeezed in there somewhere, knowing our "stand up" guys at the back. Then watch a cack performance against Bin City the following game. Using our sponge tactic in soaking up all that pressure, offering sod all the opposite end.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:tup:
1:0, 0:0, 3:3 would be nice. although there obviously would be a complete forum meltdown if we conceed 3 goals against lyon ;)
Any kind of result with 2 or 3 away goals in Europe is fine, but obviously we wouldn't want to get into bad habits. Our defense has let us down already in Europe this season.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If Roma win all their remaining games we have to get: 5W 1D 3L in our final 9 to still win the title.

Livorno, Bologna, Sassuolo, Cagliari, Atalanta.

Done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)