[Serie A] Juventus 2-1 Lecce [3rd May, 2023 18:00 CEST] (1 Viewer)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it was my stepdad's usual birthday party so i didn't see the whole match. was this episode even checked or replayed? looks like a foul to me based on this single angle:

OP
icemaη

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #106
    it was my stepdad's usual birthday party so i didn't see the whole match. was this episode even checked or replayed? looks like a foul to me based on this single angle:

Nope, it wasn't checked. It was the last play on that end of the pitch. They countered and got a corner, after which the game ended iirc. If any check was done, it'd have been during that break, but there was nothing.

Edit: Used the scrubber on the video and looks like Pogba goes down before any contact with number 18.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Nope, it wasn't checked. It was the last play on that end of the pitch. They countered and got a corner, after which the game ended iirc. If any check was done, it'd have been during that break, but there was nothing.

Edit: Used the scrubber on the video and looks like Pogba goes down before any contact with number 18.
    Chiesa was pissed that Pogba didn’t provide him with a tap-in before he went down. Clear path to just slide the ball across for him. Oh well.

It was a beautiful backheel pass from Fagioli to get the move started. Probably gave Alen an aneurysm.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Probably gave Alen an aneurysm.
    I celebrated every single one of McKennie's goals and assists. And I never wanted a Juve player to leave my club more than I did with McKennie.
    Except Arthur, but there was nothing to celebrate there.

This being said, I wish the worst to all of you who hate Juve scoring and winning just because Allegri's the coach or because the goal was scored by Rabiot or any other player you dislike (McKennie in your case).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    var was ridiculous again. we won so i shouldn't care but it took away a beautiful goal and the decision seemed arbitrary once again. even with 120 fps there's no exact way to determine when the ball left the foot of the assist man, let alone the 30 fps recordings current tv companies use to my knowledge. as the tweet says, var wins every single time: move a few frames back or forward to make a goal regular or irregular is the easiest job. and these decisions go against juve more often than not. i hate it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    var was ridiculous again. we won so i shouldn't care but it took away a beautiful goal and the decision seemed arbitrary once again. even with 120 fps there's no exact way to determine when the ball left the foot of the assist man, let alone the 30 fps recordings current tv companies use to my knowledge. as the tweet says, var wins every single time: move a few frames back or forward to make a goal regular or irregular is the easiest job. and these decisions go against juve more often than not. i hate it.

It's about time a tolerance was allowed for such things, this level of accuracy is robbing us of enjoyment in football. There is no distinct advantage to being 2cm offside, it's completely arbitrary and against common sense. The offside rule is about preventing an unfair advantage.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    It's about time a tolerance was allowed for such things, this level of accuracy is robbing us of enjoyment in football. There is no distinct advantage to being 2cm offside, it's completely arbitrary and against common sense. The offside rule is about preventing an unfair advantage.
    agreed that a more friendly solution is needed. i don't mind accuracy in general. the thing is that this image only proves that at one instance miretti's half foot was closer to the goal than the knee of the defender, but the question is when. and var images provide no information on it

what about those little black vests (viper pod is the name iirc) that players wear for training? that provides exact data on the position of the players. that needs to be synced with a sensor in the ball and there would be no need to draw stupid lines and manipulate the "exact moment" when the ball was kicked. just an idea

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I celebrated every single one of McKennie's goals and assists. And I never wanted a Juve player to leave my club more than I did with McKennie.

This being said, I wish the worst to all of you who hate Juve scoring and winning just because Allegri's the coach or because the goal was scored by Rabiot or any other player you dislike (McKennie in your case).
    I cheered every Mckennie goal while he was here, you absolute muppet. Kick rocks.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

When we’re arguing in frames per second, then we’ve already lost with VAR.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
    I wish the worst to all of you who hate Juve scoring and winning just because Allegri's the coach or because the goal was scored by Rabiot or any other player you dislike (McKennie in your case).
    Exactly! I might dislike a player or coach whoever, but never want to see them lose! Someone please tell me what players on this team have gotten better under Max’s leadership? And I don’t entirely blame everything wrong on Max.

For me most blame on HIGHER-UPS. Someone signed the players, Max, etc. etc. One person has to clean out the entire management team. Take your lumps and go from there. Stop constantly putting a Band-Aid on everything.

Been very negative of late, but you wanna enthused me let ADP be in charge of everything and go from there. Screw the management experience and get somebody with some common sense.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    I can agree, but at the same time, where do you draw the line then? It's complicated, agree, but let's say we allow some elasticity of 2 cm then if someone is on 3 cm he is offside. Let's say we allow 5 cm, if someone is 6 cm is he offside then? 7 cm?
    The line has to be drawn somewhere. To me it's difficult to say where the line should be drawn but the simplest way is the one we currently have. The problem is, as others say, that it's difficult to ensure that where you draw the line is the correct line. Solution would be, as you say, some elasticity to allow a margin of error, but then you have a new line to dispute. So it's no real solution other than pushing the problem to another situation.

- - - Updated - - -

I am always happy when we score but worry when someone like Paredes scores in case that fuels our management's idea of keeping him around.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I can agree, but at the same time, where do you draw the line then? It's complicated, agree, but let's say we allow some elasticity of 2 cm then if someone is on 3 cm he is offside. Let's say we allow 5 cm, if someone is 6 cm is he offside then? 7 cm?
    The line has to be drawn somewhere. To me it's difficult to say where the line should be drawn but the simplest way is the one we currently have. The problem is, as others say, that it's difficult to ensure that where you draw the line is the correct line. Solution would be, as you say, some elasticity to allow a margin of error, but then you have a new line to dispute. So it's no real solution other than pushing the problem to another situation.

- - - Updated - - -

I am always happy when we score but worry when someone like Paredes scores in case that fuels our management's idea of keeping him around.
    Honestly, I'd just make it 20cm, that's still a small distance that most linesman would perform miracles to see at full speed. It avoids being a toe or a nose offside at least or a leaning shoulder forward, the real nonsense calls like the one above.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Honestly, I'd just make it 20cm, that's still a small distance that most linesman would perform miracles to see at full speed. It avoids being a toe or a nose offside at least or a leaning shoulder forward, the real nonsense calls like the one above.
    You won't solve anything. You'll just get angry fans for a disallowed 21 cms offside goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)