[Serie A] Juventus 2-1 Lecce [3rd May, 2023 18:00 CEST] (4 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You won't solve anything. You'll just get angry fans for a disallowed 21 cms offside goal.
Is there an option where football fans aren't going to be angry? 20cm is enough of a buffer, if it's 21cm then get angry and cry because it's only 1cm but that is the line and it allows some tolerance rather than the nonsense we currently see.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Honestly, I'd just make it 20cm, that's still a small distance that most linesman would perform miracles to see at full speed. It avoids being a toe or a nose offside at least or a leaning shoulder forward, the real nonsense calls like the one above.
Should be foot position which is super easy to determine and spot. The whole leaning offside with a shoulder or head is absurd.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
First match I missed this season, maybe the first match I've missed in an couple of years and only missed it because I genuinely didn't even know it was on. Ah well.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Honestly, I'd just make it 20cm, that's still a small distance that most linesman would perform miracles to see at full speed. It avoids being a toe or a nose offside at least or a leaning shoulder forward, the real nonsense calls like the one above.
i would be upset if during last minutes of game a team wins by a goal cuz they allow 2cm offside.

offside is offside. it makes things fair for everyone

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i would be upset if during last minutes of game a team wins by a goal cuz they allow 2cm offside.

offside is offside. it makes things fair for everyone
You'd argue at 2cm offside? I wouldn't, we never used to. We couldn't even see 2cm offside with 100 angles.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
but offside is offside is my point. 1 cm or a 100 cm u have still have advantage
There was a time when giving reasonable doubt to the attacker was the norm, governing bodies wanted goals. But hey, I'm sure this is for the good of the game to ruin great moments with sterile technological decisions and waiting to see if you can celebrate based on a gnat's cock margin.

It's hilarious because you then have the VAR team up in the stands making all sorts of random bs calls due to their own subjectivity and human error, so there is no real point in offsides being so clinical with other key decisions.

I've no problem with clear offsides being called, but there is no advantage with cms. We're talking full speed of a game, it makes no difference to the outcome.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
There was a time when giving reasonable doubt to the attacker was the norm, governing bodies wanted goals. But hey, I'm sure this is for the good of the game to ruin great moments with sterile technological decisions and waiting to see if you can celebrate based on a gnat's cock margin.

It's hilarious because you then have the VAR team up in the stands making all sorts of random bs calls due to their own subjectivity and human error, so there is no real point in offsides being so clinical with other key decisions.

I've no problem with clear offsides being called, but there is no advantage with cms. We're talking full speed of a game, it makes no difference to the outcome.
offside should be the entire body imo. Otherwise I dont really see much, if any, of an advantage. VAR has done more damage than help imo. The immediate joy of a goal is gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)