[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Lazio [July 20th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Badass lets not exaggerate!!! Many coaches like Bonucci including Guardiola. He is more a Scirea, Baresi type of defender
Pep also likes John Stones.

I understand what you are saying about position (sweeper) but the difference is defensive quality and mobility. Bonucci is much taller and slower than those two, and a far inferior defender. They had great mobility and knew where and when to commit or not.

Come to think of it, I struggle to think of another defender like Bonucci.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Pep also likes John Stones.

I understand what you are saying about position (sweeper) but the difference is defensive quality and mobility. Bonucci is much taller and slower than those two, and a far inferior defender. They had great mobility and new where and when to commit or not.

Come to think of it, I struggle to think of another defender like Bonucci.
OK , You are right. But putting him in the same boat as Andrade , Bounsong and Mellberg, is a little exaggerated to me. He played for us for many years and every coach put him in the team. He must not be that bad. Of cause it is all a matter of opinion.
I did not say that he was on the level of Scirea and Baresi. these were the 2 greatest sweeper in Italian football history. I loved watching them.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
I reckon we'll finish with about 85 points. Draw with Udinese and Cagliari, beat Sampdoria, lose to Roma with a bunch of kids playing.
I think once we have the title in the pocket. The next 2 games at least 4 points.We then will play with a 2th hand team in preparation for the CL

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
OK , You are right. But putting him in the same boat as Andrade , Bounsong and Mellberg, is a little exaggerated to me. He played for us for many years and every coach put him in the team. He must not be that bad. Of cause it is all a matter of opinion.
I did not say that he was on the level of Scirea and Baresi. these were the 2 greatest sweeper in Italian football history. I loved watching them.
If bonucci didn't have the likes of Chiellini and barzagli bailing him out for years, he would be in the same boat as andrade and boumsong. We were better off keeping Benatia than even entertaining the idea of bringing this clown back knowing we would play a 4 man defence too

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If bonucci didn't have the likes of Chiellini and barzagli bailing him out for years, he would be in the same boat as andrade and boumsong. We were better off keeping Benatia than even entertaining the idea of bringing this clown back knowing we would play a 4 man defence too
You know this is utter bullshit, why do you keep repeating it.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You know this is utter bullshit, why do you keep repeating it.
because it's not bullshit that's why

- - - Updated - - -

He had a decent game, but made a horrible mistake. Obviously is past his prime. I liked the pass to Dybala tho.
hardly decent, his horrible lack of application to get stuck into players and sticking a bum out almost lead to us conceding had Immobile been a bit more lucky with his shot that hit the post.

First half Bonucci gave a number of passes away too.

Asides from the 1 interception on caicedo in the first half and that last ditch on raul moro in the end he was fairly bad, the fact that Sarri threw on Rugani to help kinda said it all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
because it's not bullshit that's why

He is a really flawed quality player who lacks the physique/mobility (cant correct his mistakes with speed/power) and the natural focus to be an excellent man defender, just a decent one at best, average at worst. But he has had a top career because of his overall qualities, technique, passing, ability to read sitautions and working in tandem with a stopper, that cohesive understanding and working excellent within a unit that minimizes his flaws, this adaptability has made his career.

He is not a natural 1 on 1 defender (nor a good defensive header) This is clear. There are several who arent in his type of playstyle, difference is they have more mobility then him to correct it more. We litterally have watched his entire career, in our shirt, we know his best and worst qualities. He has been a top player for most of it despite it all. Its end of his career, is declining, but even if he wasnt he allways has had couple of these mistakes in him, it comes with the territory. More in counters against speedy or powerful Zapata type attackers (is NOT a player for highlines if he is exposed, gets destroyed), he does better defending in packed defense. Wether its 3 man ideally or 4 man too.

Its absolutely utter bullshit, instead of just acknowledning the good with the bad, what you see is what you get, you go to extreme hyperbole like Boumsong or other very short lived and really bad/poor defenders we used to have (Andrade was injured his entire stay with us, random to namedrop him), would be better choices then him. That deserve a big STFU if you are serious (especially since at 33, he has had an excellent season except for these latest mistakes), because Bonucci has 10 years and 400 games in our shirt that proves otherwise. No one lasts that long by being a Boumsong, just stop.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
hard to judge bonucci without considering the circumstances. i mean he's our most played guy. he's having a positive season overall, almost faultless until the corona break, and i think it's no wonder these stupid mistakes happened when we played every 3rd night and he wasn't rested at all. this discussion never surfaced until february.

not being excellent in 1vs1 situations is a given with him. he's still an asset if you pair him with a physical defender.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
hard to judge bonucci without considering the circumstances. i mean he's our most played guy. he's having a positive season overall, almost faultless until the corona break, and i think it's no wonder these stupid mistakes happened when we played every 3rd night and he wasn't rested at all. this discussion never surfaced until february.

not being excellent in 1vs1 situations is a given with him. he's still an asset if you pair him with a physical defender.
With all the experience he has, while he is scared like he's playing for the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)