[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Hellas Verona (September 22, 2013) (5 Viewers)

Man of the match?

• Ogbonna

• Barzagli

• Isla

• Llorente

• Tevez

• Bonucci

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Wow too hard....but 3 deserved points.it should have been easily 4-0.

Can't believe we are so soft sometines with the finishing!!
So manyyy chances.

Tevez MOM.
Happy for Fernando to finally play and score!

Forza Juve!!!
Sick of hearing this type of bs - no it shouldn't have been. We controlled the match but didn't always threaten goal and were shaky on the counters. Our play is predictable and stale.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
We wasted a shit ton of chances. We were playing as if we were 5-1 up and could just shoot from everywhere for the lolz.

Juventus Hellas Verona
Total Shots - 35:4
Shots on Target - 15:1
Match Result - 2:1

Dat finishing.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Ok 3 points are 3 points and thats what matters in a game like this but to have 16 shots on target and only beat the keeper with 2 of them is pretty poor.

We seriously need to work on our finishing because against the bigger clubs we'll be lucky to get 5 or 6 chances

Jul 20, 2012
Our problem is not the finishing. Its the system and tactics. We arent defending how we used to, we arent playing like we did aganist lazio with those amazing counterattacks and we are making clear opportunities but it seems like all our players have lapses when they go to finish it

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
let's not kid ourselves. our general play was pretty poor. what makes it more shocking is that it was againt a very timid oponenet.

if this was a stronger oponnent the match would have turned much different. happy to see strikers score though, but the general play left a lot to be desired.

vucinic was dreadful

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sick of hearing this type of bs - no it shouldn't have been. We controlled the match but didn't always threaten goal and were shaky on the counters. Our play is predictable and stale.
A bit like your posts.

We had 35 shots and 15 on target, and on another day could easily have scored 4 goals.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #372
    Nothing impressive, the same slow start and wake up when things start going really bad. Luckily for two brilliant individual moments we were able to turn the result in the first half and play a more relaxed game in the second. Even with the more composed play we could have let in a goal and went chasing results again. There is something wrong with the team but I am not able to put a finger on it, positioning and off the ball movement have been sub par, we look so static several times during our matches. Great that Llorente got to play and actually score, let's see how Conte will use this.

Storari 6

Barzagli 7
    Bonucci 7
    Ogbnonna 7

Isla 6
    Vidal 6.5
    Pirlo 5.5
    Pogba 5.5
    Asamoah 5

Tevez 7
    Llorente 7

Vucinic 6
    Marchisio 6.5
    Giovinco 6.5

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Hellas Verona gave it their all, they really battled out there. Our match wasn't perfect, but it was a step-up from the FCK performance and I'm proud that the lads were able to put 3 points in the archives under very difficult circumstances. We should've put the game to bed earlier, though.

Tevez, absolutely fantastic. Thrilled for Nando :tup:

Jul 20, 2012
    Why play with 3 cbs and pirlo if every team will always man mark pirlo, which will force our cbs to push forward, which leaves us vulnerable aganist a counter attack. I can see this happening aganist Real Madrid

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Better performance than in Denmark, but with the same poor finishing and unnecessary Arsenal-esque, dilly-dallying with the ball. We need to be more proactive when were that close to our opponents goal. Were always doing one too many pass, and the chance ends up going.

I was happy with Isla's performance in this game. He is slowly but surely getting back to the Isla we saw at Udinese. Encouraging game from him.

Llorente and Tevez though :tuttosport: That's what we have to see week in week out.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
    I thought it was interesting to see how little we were reliant on Pirlo today. That shows great promise. There might have been a ripple effect of playing Nando as that opened the possibility of playing it quickly to the flanks for crosses, which then made us less reliant on the central lynchpin controlling EVERY play.

Ogbonna, Isla, Tevez, Llorente and Barzagli were really good today.

Jul 20, 2012
    Better performance than in Denmark, but with the same poor finishing and unnecessary Arsenal-esque, dilly-dallying with the ball. We need to be more proactive when were that close to our opponents goal. Were always doing one too many pass, and the chance ends up going.

I was happy with Isla's performance in this game. He is slowly but surely getting back to the Isla we saw at Udinese. Encouraging game from him.

Llorente and Tevez though :tuttosport: That's what we have to see week in week out.
    Arsenal actually score. And Ozil is owning, I think its 5 assist in 2 games

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell does our formation have to do with our poor finishing? Seriously, these 4-3-3 posts baffle me.
    Poor finishing? We had at least 15 shots from not even inside the box. If you play with Llorente you need crosses, which I didnt see any where as many as aganist FCK

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Veery happy for the win ill not lie.

Happy for fer too.

My only complain, we ware wasting toooo MANY chances. I dont know why, but we are getting the bad habit to shoot always straight to the keeper.

We need a little more luck and more effort in that regard.

MOM should be Tevez.. the dude is a must for us now. Unreal workrate.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    A bit like your posts.

We had 35 shots and 15 on target, and on another day could easily have scored 4 goals.
    oh really?

in the past 4 matches we won by a difference of one goal, and tied 1-1. so no it could not have "easily" ended by 4 goals. this is a consistent problem and it has not been fixed. the lazio games were exception

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)