[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Bologna (31st Oct 2012) (5 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Quagliarella

• Pogba

• Bonucci

• Bendtner

• Giovinco

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Our attackers didn't score those goals though...
Our top scorers are Vidal, Pirlo. Both are midfield palyers.
You cant look at it like that.

Our current attack is entirely build on creating space and chances for their fellow attacker, and the upcomming midfielders to abuse.
We are known for our dangerous upcomming midfielders.

vucinic provides somewhat a targetman over the ground, keeps the ball, and is excellent in doing unexpected passes or dribbles, lay-offs, 1-2's.
Giovinco, provides runs and passes

Our team doesnt really have a finisher, so instead we let our forwards create for anyone

Buy on AliExpress.com

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
Bologna is a counterteam that couldnt create the play if their lives depend on it, and prefers to put defend when space is tight, like all bottom table teams to, since defending in small area's is so much easyer, hence it usually makes those team's defenders look 5x better then they are.

So, when you take the lead against them, a valid strategy is to lean back, drop the defence line very deep, and invite them to make the play. the space between their lines will become very big, wich in turn will expose the true value of their defenders. wich is bad.

They cant build up, they'll make mistakes, and now there is massive space on the field to counter them into. it makes a player like giovinco shine, because he is quite good when space between lines is larger, and he is THE player in this situation.

In the past, lippi did the exact same thing, and it made us very hard to break down. this because if they didnt attack enough, they wouldnt score, and if they did attack, we would kill them off on the counter in the space they left open.
That didnt worked out this time, we almost lose 2 points by giving them the possesion

Oct 31, 2012
Exactly. That's what I mean. And nothing good will come out of sticking with Bendtner. That was his A game.
I promise you this wasen't his A game. Bendtner in topform is very sharp and don't miss opportunities like Pirlos free-kick.
If Conte keep believing in him you will see him starting to score more goals and be even more aware of his teammates.
I really think him and Vucinic could be a great couple upfront even though I still see Giovinco as a better player and choice.

Japp

Sep 19, 2012
You cant look at it like that.

Our current attack is entirely build on creating space and chances for their fellow attacker, and the upcomming midfielders to abuse.
We are known for our dangerous upcomming midfielders.

vucinic provides somewhat a targetman over the ground, keeps the ball, and is excellent in doing unexpected passes or dribbles, lay-offs, 1-2's.
Giovinco, provides runs and passes

Our team doesnt really have a finisher, so instead we let our forwards create for anyone
Well that's the problem, what you describe is what a False 9 should do not a striker. We are extremely wasteful in front of the goal.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Eventhough i think both bendtner and quag were average they looked atleast like a partnership upfront.... Vucinic has to pick up his Form and gio needs to find his end product

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Eventhough i think both bendtner and quag were average they looked atleast like a partnership upfront.... Vucinic has to pick up his Form and gio needs to find his end product

I feel for our forwards. They're never really given a chance to settle. the starting positions always change. I hope that conte has seen enough of all of the forwards now and decides to stick with two as his main starters. strikers need continuity to maintain form

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well that's the problem, what you describe is what a False 9 should do not a striker. We are extremely wasteful in front of the goal.
I agree with you that we are, but the problem is that a striker, that gives equal contribution to creating for this team, as vucinic does, but offers clinical finishing, was out of reach for us.

Hopefully, we can get one next (summer)mercato

awit

Jan 10, 2010
This poll shouldn't even exist since there''s only one possible choice :D If we manage to avoid defeat against Inter, I really feel we can beat the undefeated record of Milan from the 90's

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
PDC has to be sold, it has become more than obvious at this point he isn't Juve material, everytime he has a brainfart it costs us big time, and he isn't going to improve.

Pogba is a fucking star already.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Just got back from the game omg pogbas goal was orgasmic especially we were faced with abuse from the Bologna fans hahaha boy did they get a real fuck u when pogba scored from the fans in the section I was in I was loving it

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #540
    PDC has to be sold, it has become more than obvious at this point he isn't Juve material, everytime he has a brainfart it costs us big time, and he isn't going to improve.

Pogba is a fucking star already.
    :agree: I'd prefer Asa or even Pepe at LB if it means we don't have to play PDC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)