[Serie A] Juventus 2-1 ASL Napoli [April 7th, 2021] (11 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Playing this game would set a horrendous precedent for the season imo. But yeh it is Italy, and this is Serie A/FIGC we are talking about...
If their travel ban holds up (rightfully or not), the league can shut right up.

But yeah, last night was yet another great example of how Lega Calcio is ran by a bunch of incompetent fools.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Unlikely, imo. This game will probably be played at some point.

Regardless, everyone, including Juve, made a fool of themselves yesterday.
And what about the referees? The match officials? They all made fools of themselves? You think this was some back-yard party and Juventus just invited them to come over for a beer and barbeque?? It was a fucking official match, no one postoponed it no one cancelled it, the only one who wanted the match cancelled was the fucking Trump-dumb idiot De Laurentis. Now, move on.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can see them keeping the 3-0 win for us and maybe taking the -1 point off them.
How come you have this feeling? Based on historical events the league does not take decisions that favor Juve. ADL will cry like a baby and they will shut him up to his demands.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
People should take off their Juve tinted glasses.
Both Juve & the league were 100% certain that this game was not going to be played. And yet they both pretended everything was normal. Nothing special at all! Give me a break.

The league should have taken matters into their own hands. Decide whatever you want, but make a decision ffs. Avoid being a joke, for once.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
seriously there is no other CEO in Italian football whom I hate as much as ADL. Would love to see him getting one point deducted and also staying one year more with Milik, just to see him joining Juve for free next year. Double kill from Juve.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
The league can't make a decision that early. Napoli could've turned up like they were expected to. Now they should immediately decide that a 3-0 is the way to go. Simply because if they don't, all the teams missing one or two vital players won't turn up and this season will last 3 years

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Both Juve & the league were 100% certain that this game was not going to be played. And yet they both pretended everything was normal. Nothing special at all! Give me a break.

The league should have taken matters into their own hands. Decide whatever you want, but make a decision ffs. Avoid being a joke, for once.
Juve probably showed up at the field in order to follow procedure and not look like both teams did not appear.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

The league did take matters into their hands man, what are you talking about??? They made regulations and procedures and protocols, isnt that enough? Whats Napoli more than Liverpool, Milan, PSG ect??? Why didnt they show up? Why? All protocols state that they should have turn up??

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Anything other than awarding Juve the 3-0 win is unacceptable. The league clearly followed protocols and stated this game is still on and what ADL do? text Agnelli asking him to postpone! Listen I know we are sick of conspiracy theories but ADL is the closest you can get to a corrupted Camorra Mafioso. He probably has a lot of connections within the Naples city authorities and in this case the ASL that only "advised" and didn't prevent his team from travelling.

This case is pretty clear, Napoli under ADL are an unprofessional club that doesn't belong to a top European league. It's just the Italian media wanting to create the usual drama regarding Juve.

Jun 16, 2020

There are international protocols. The Italian government gave their OK for that, and both the Lega and Juventus in this case are following them.

Napoli players got tested 3 times this week, we could’ve had some questions about the incubation period, but this wasn’t the discussion yesterday. I understand though, that it’s in nobody’s interests to take unnecessary risks.

The Lega and Juventus said they wanted to play by releasing official statements, Napoli said nothing. They had ~7 days to solve things.

Napoli somehow decides to follow a protocol from regional authorities, instead the international ones like all the other European clubs. In law international/national always goes before regional laws by my knowledge.

Its a silly and highly unprofessional situation, but it’s not Juventus who decides. It’s the Le. The world can blame us, but if they say we play, then we go and it’s as easy as that.

And there are also practical arguments, as we don’t know what the situation will be after a few months. I think that the show must go on, we need to play as much as possible, because the risk that we’ll face a new lockdown and after that a schedule with every 3 days a match is highly possible. Somehow Napoli thinks that they have the authority to decide when we play.

Besides all those facts, let’s be real. De Laurentiis is a clown. He’s the only president who could create this situation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)