[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Udinese (September 13th 2014) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Ogbonna

• Pogba

• Pereyra

• Marchisio

• Evra

• Licht

• Llorente

• Tevez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 20, 2012
You choose big words .I was never mesmerized by Conte .Especially how stubborn he was with substitutions (84-85) minute and about tactics.Also I think that he better manages the players and pushes them to certain limits than he is a tactician.But his devotion about every game and Juve DNA are immaculate. But that does not have anything with Allegri.I understand that our management can not pick a better tactician(Allegri is not bad) having in mind timing of Conte's departure.Again that doesn't have anything with my love of Juve.Nothing.I will be first who will congratulate Allegri after some good game of JUve.That's it.You can't like all coaches equally.It's impossible.
So conte has Juve DNa? So then why did he leave?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If you watched the game you can see some unconvinced passes on the flank,but his energy need to be praised.
I watched the second half and didn't see anything special. I was mostly questioning Gazzetta rather than the members who said he was rusty.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Evra wasn't a 7, you could see him taking breathers at times, and his touch and passing wasn't always on, but I liked that understanding he seemed to have with Pogba. Even cooler once Coman came on.

We shouldn't forget what a beast Asamoah is, however.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Evra was good even better than asamoah at penetration, and lmao at people saying llorente has bad in the box awareness for crosses, he scored lots of header during his bilbao career

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i thought he did really well, and if we had a forward with good box awareness he would have had a couple of assists.
Evra wanted to put crosses into the box quite a lot earlier than Juve's other players typically do (which is something I like a lot - much harder for the defence if the ball comes in before they are properly back in position).

Anyway, it'll take some time for the other Juve players to understand how and when Evra crosses the ball in order to figure out where and when they need to be making their runs.

Hard for a forward's movement to look good when there is no understanding with the crosser and it is just guesswork.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Evra wanted to put crosses into the box quite a lot earlier than Juve's other players typically do (which is something I like a lot - much harder for the defence if the ball comes in before they are properly back in position).

Anyway, it'll take some time for the other Juve players to understand how and when Evra crosses the ball in order to figure out where and when they need to be making their runs.

Hard for a forward's movement to look good when there is no understanding with the crosser and it is just guesswork.
i dont think it's guess work based on available space and direction of the action, a player can a have a pretty good idea where the ball should ideally drop

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I didn't like Evra's performance at all, IMO. He stumbled a lot, lost control of his body and balance on clearances, and generally looked out of sorts on defense. I'm sure that will come around with time and team experience, but I wasn't exactly thinking he's our savior from De Ceglie yesterday.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i dont think it's guess work based on available space and direction of the action, a player can a have a pretty good idea where the ball should ideally drop
It's primarily an understanding of the timing of the cross that matters.

Very hard for a forward if he doesn't know whether the crosser is going to put it in first time or not.

I didn't like Evra's performance at all, IMO. He stumbled a lot, lost control of his body and balance on clearances, and generally looked out of sorts on defense. I'm sure that will come around with time and team experience, but I wasn't exactly thinking he's our savior from De Ceglie yesterday.
I'll be controversial and sit in the middle and say that I thought Evra was okay overall.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I rated him a 5.5. Hardly fatal (we didn't give up any goals, after all), but probably the weakest link on the team yesterday.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I rated him a 5.5. Hardly fatal (we didn't give up any goals, after all), but probably the weakest link on the team yesterday.
But a 7 for a full back in my opinion is direct involvment in a goal. Or at least against a team with a very good winger being totally paralysed.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I liked Evra's ideas when he was crossing. The execution was somewhat missing and maybe some understanding with the forwards but you can see Evra knows what he's doing at least when he measures up a cross.

He was a little quicker then I thought he'd be and he had a few powerful clearance headers that I didn't see coming.

It's possible as he settles that he'll be more useful offensively than Asamoah but I can't see how he can beat him defensively.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It comes more naturally to him than it does for Asamoah, who didn't spend his career as a wide player. Evra was always pretty good at attacking from the touchline, he knows all the tricks and runs to make. Asamoah will try to turn the play into a duel from a static position, or come inside.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
The one touch football was fresh especially in the first half.. We needed to increase our tempo for champions league and it seems Allegri is working on that- still rusty with the style giving away a few too many passes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)