[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Udinese (September 13th 2014) (9 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Ogbonna

• Pogba

• Pereyra

• Marchisio

• Evra

• Licht

• Llorente

• Tevez

Results are only viewable after voting.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I loved how involved Morata was during plays, both on and off the ball. Even if he was only on for 5 minutes, I was VERY impressed. Was unlucky to not score with his only chance.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Tidy enough performance from Juve.

Controlled the game pretty much throughout and never looked like conceding from open play.

Thought there were a few differences between Conte's Juve and Allegri's Juve, even if the shape is much the same (though I'll have to see how things look against other teams and with Pirlo in the Juve team to make a more definitive judgement):

There was less onus on the defenders to make anything other than very simple passes;

There were fewer balls fired through the middle of the pitch to the strikers with their backs to goal (Juve still played to the strikers, but waited for better opportunities);

The play was built up a bit more in wider areas, making it harder for Udinese to block things up;

When a player got into a crossing position, he was tending to attempt some sort of cross, rather than turning back to retain possession;

And there were a few little things to do with exactly how the back three moved in some situations.

Minor tinkering, rather than anything earth-shattering.

- - - Updated - - -

Giving it to Marchisio. Two sublime halves. Tackling was spot on, wrestled the ball away from Udinese players several times (so did Pogba), worked hard for the team, distributed the play nicely in Pirlo's role, and topped it all off with a precious goal at a time where Udinese started to threaten a bit more.
No doubt he played a good game, but I thought he allowed himself to be drawn a little too far forward on a few occasions.

That caused two or three situations where Juve were defending counter-attacks a man short and, though Udinese didn't threaten, a better team may well have gone on to create chances.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Had to miss the match. How did we play? How was Coman, Pereyra, Evra, Tevez, Morata and Llorente? :D
I thought evra was average. Asamoahs clearly better. The rest were solid but coman and morata barely played so the sample size was small. Pereyra was surprisingly good.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Convincing and dominant win. 3 points, fine team performance. Special mentions for Caceres, Marchisio, Pereyra and Tevez. And a good little cameo from Morata at the end there. And fuck you Straminchioni.

Onwards and upward! Huzzah!

he_is_legend

Jun 4, 2012
I only watched the first half, i liked very much the way we pressed them and the quick passes.
For me the Mom was Tevez with a special mention to Llorente (It seems that he didn't play very good in the second half by the comments i read).

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Llorente faded in the second. He clearly doesnt have the stamina to be running like a madman like tevez.

Lichteiner was surprisingly on shape. Ran every ball.

And like I said some weeks ago, Caceres is an athlete. I really like his warrior attitude, the one that characterizes the defenders of juventus.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
What's with Romulo, I thought he can play in the middle instead of Padoin?
I was wondering the same, especially with the clause in Juve's deal with Hellas that the option to buy Romulo becomes obligation to buy if he plays in 60% or more of the team’s official fixtures this season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Romulo is a good player, don't understand why he's not getting some time. Thought he should have been on the World Cup roster as well over aqualani

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)