[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Palermo (October 26th 2014) (27 Viewers)

MOM JUVENTUS vs Palermo

• Buffon

• Ogbonna

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Pereyra

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Lichtsteiner

• Pogba

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yes but our tactics are laughable, our performances are well below the standard we should be setting for ourselves. We have the best CM in the world in Vidal a better defence than most teams in Europe a very strong midfield and decent attack.

We insist on a CM in Asamoah playing as a winger for us and inevitably coming up short all the time when he tries too attack on the wing. Exact same can be said about Lichsteiner we are relying on players who can not do a certain job to some how play like wingers when we need to attack.

Against Atletico in 90 minutes we did not have 1 shot on target i dont care how good we do in the league as long we play like that in Europe i wont be happy. We have nothing left to prove in the league we went a whole season unbeaten and set record points as well last season. Who ever is satisfied with winning the league on this forum every year and being disgraced in Europe thats fine, but i will never accept being mediocre when we have the players to do a lot better.

Edit @Bianconero_Aus i hope this answers your question as well
Voice of truth
Dont let fanboys tell you otherwise.

Stop accepting mediocrity people. This is Juve, not roma or inter.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #345
    When did that happen? I don't remember any incident.
    he unintentionally touched the guy with his left pinky. Not even worth a replay but the RAI guy(romanista) was crying about it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Of course I want us to do better also. I want us to advance to round of 16 every single year, and hopefully in the near future, even further as we improve our team. For now though. While we're still in the phase of building this team, increasing our revenue, becoming more competitive with other European giants, I'm at the very least happy that we continue to win Serie A which means automatic qualifying for CL each year. I'd rather be us, 3rd in our group right now, with a couple poor performances, than BvB, first in their group, but 1 point out of relegation with 9 rounds gone in Bundesliga. They likely won't qualify for the CL next season if they don't turn things around immediately. Even if this year, they might get to the QFs.

If 2 years from now, we're still not investing in better players for our starting XI, and we're still going out in group phase, or qualifying for Ro16 by the skin of our teeth, I'll be far more upset. Currently, I understand that we're in the midst of a project to move back into the European elite. This takes time.
    While all of this is true...its also true that our CURRENT team seems to have much more potential. We are playing waay too conservative against minnows...and its fact that we dont know how to take the game to proper teams. One thing is plaermo, and other thing is roma and the CL. I didnt liked our overall game against roma to be honest. They looked better than us for big patches, in our turf.

In eruope we are a walking disaster and a mountain of fear-

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4725260 said:
    Area Turan said that in his 4 seasons in Madrid JUVENTUS was the worst enemy and the hardest team to beat, but what he knows, the tuz football analytics will tell u the truth :rofl:
    nah dont believe that shid man. We were so terrific we had 0 shots on goal

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    As Del Piero just said:

“In Italy, Juve are fresh from a trio of Scudetti that means a lot, but they need one more step to be on a par with those five or six clubs who can win the Champions League. At times that step can take years."

Years. Be patient people.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Comfortable 3pts after Europe midweek.

Vidal seems to gradually be getting up to speed which is encouraging.

Marchisio, Pereyra and Tevez were also good.

Bonucci was terrible.

Glad for Llorente, did a few nice plays including the move which led to the corner for his goal. Confident if we give him decent service he will score, the worrying thing so far this season is that we really aren't creating a lot.

Also Giovinco did well after coming on, he seems to be doing well every time he gets a chance.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Ogbonna was our best CB today. Pereyra had a good game. I agree with some of your other points.
    I just point out my opinions and I stand by them,it's just my opinion.Ogbonna is definitely not a Juve material,especially not for 15 mil,he is so restricted ,no positioning ,no technique,nothing.
    Pereyra can not pass a single ball .Maybe for this game ,maybe it is not his natural position but Lich. is like a D.Alves compared to him.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    Of course I want us to do better also. I want us to advance to round of 16 every single year, and hopefully in the near future, even further as we improve our team. For now though. While we're still in the phase of building this team, increasing our revenue, becoming more competitive with other European giants, I'm at the very least happy that we continue to win Serie A which means automatic qualifying for CL each year. I'd rather be us, 3rd in our group right now, with a couple poor performances, than BvB, first in their group, but 1 point out of relegation with 9 rounds gone in Bundesliga. They likely won't qualify for the CL next season if they don't turn things around immediately. Even if this year, they might get to the QFs.

If 2 years from now, we're still not investing in better players for our starting XI, and we're still going out in group phase, or qualifying for Ro16 by the skin of our teeth, I'll be far more upset. Currently, I understand that we're in the midst of a project to move back into the European elite. This takes time.
    Yes i see your point but when Conte took over they had a 3 year plan, in the 3rd year heavy investment was suppose to come and it never came. We wasted 15 million on Ogbonna, 9 million on Isla, That right there is enough for at least 1 quality winger.

The club has been buying average players for top money. Asamoah is a CM playing LWB there are so many problems with this team. At least if we were to play a system that would actually give us some kind of threat going forward we could actually get some wins in the CL. The way the team is playing Real Madrid, Chelsea or Bayern would crush us and we would offer so little going forward they could literally put 10 players in our own half and there would be nothing we could do about it.

Setting up with poor tactics is the start of all the problems if we just played more aggressive and actually take the fight to other teams rather than trying to nullify them and inevitably failing i would be happy even if we lost.

That performance against Olympiakos has happened too us multiple times in Europe over the passed 3 seasons. Nordsealland away in 2012, Shakhtar Donetsk 2012 at home, Galatasaray home and away 2013, Copenhagen away 2013, Now against Olympiakos the exact same pattern happened.

We go behind in the first half struggle to put our foot down in the game until inevitably in the last 20 minutes we realise we are going to lose all of a sudden the team creates lots of chances to score only too inevitably not score a winner when the truth is we should be applying pressure to the opposition from the first minute and not allowing them to get a foothold in the game rather than inviting them on to attack from the first minute and offering nothing in attack.

We are our downfall every time this happens we let the team who is inferior to us attack us all they want and we try to soak up the pressure but we make a mistake at the back and they are 1-0 up leaving us at a disadvantage while they hold on to get a draw or win.

This has happened far to many times to us in Europe and i am sick of it absolutely sick of it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Yes i see your point but when Conte took over they had a 3 year plan, in the 3rd year heavy investment was suppose to come and it never came. We wasted 15 million on Ogbonna, 9 million on Isla, That right there is enough for at least 1 quality winger.

The club has been buying average players for top money. Asamoah is a CM playing LWB there are so many problems with this team. At least if we were to play a system that would actually give us some kind of threat going forward we could actually get some wins in the CL. The way the team is playing Real Madrid, Chelsea or Bayern would crush us and we would offer so little going forward they could literally put 10 players in our own half and there would be nothing we could do about it.

Setting up with poor tactics is the start of all the problems if we just played more aggressive and actually take the fight to other teams rather than trying to nullify them and inevitably failing i would be happy even if we lost.

That performance against Olympiakos has happened too us multiple times in Europe over the passed 3 seasons. Nordsealland away in 2012, Shakhtar Donetsk 2012 at home, Galatasaray home and away 2013, Copenhagen away 2013, Now against Olympiakos the exact same pattern happened.

We go behind in the first half struggle to put our foot down in the game until inevitably in the last 20 minutes we realise we are going to lose all of a sudden the team creates lots of chances to score only too inevitably not score a winner when the truth is we should be applying pressure to the opposition from the first minute and not allowing them to get a foothold in the game rather than inviting them on to attack from the first minute and offering nothing in attack.

We are our downfall every time this happens we let the team who is inferior to us attack us all they want and we try to soak up the pressure but we make a mistake at the back and they are 1-0 up leaving us at a disadvantage while they hold on to get a draw or win.

This has happened far to many times to us in Europe and i am sick of it absolutely sick of it.
    :tup:

the problem is our gameplan in europe doesnt work the same way like it does in serie a.

Conte made this team to soak pressure and win by grinding.... but we lack top class defence to soak up real pressure and counter attack. We cant counter and we cant create with consistency..so our "soak" and our possesion goes into waste.

We are flawed

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    :tup:

the problem is our gameplan in europe doesnt work the same way like it does in serie a.

Conte made this team to soak pressure and win by grinding.... but we lack top class defence to soak up real pressure and counter attack. We cant counter and we cant create with consistency..so our "soak" and our possesion goes into waste.

We are flawed
    Hey but some people on this forum think thats ok and winning the league is just as good as winning the CL. I would rather see us prioritise Europe just for once rather than just being happy to be in the competition even if we go out in the group stages.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Hey but some people on this forum think thats ok and winning the league is just as good as winning the CL. I would rather see us prioritise Europe just for once rather than just being happy to be in the competition even if we go out in the group stages.
    If this team was set up properly...we would not be in the need to even choose priorities. We would destroy this crap teams ins erie A, and just have to keep a close eye on Roma, while at least advancing the group stages in the CL. I would not ask for more-

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    If this team was set up properly...we would not be in the need to even choose priorities. We would destroy this crap teams ins erie A, and just have to keep a close eye on Roma, while at least advancing the group stages in the CL. I would not ask for more-
    Exactly i'm not asking to win the CL or beat the best teams, we are just simply under performing mostly due to our tactics.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Yes but our tactics are laughable, our performances are well below the standard we should be setting for ourselves. We have the best CM in the world in Vidal a better defence than most teams in Europe a very strong midfield and decent attack.

We insist on a CM in Asamoah playing as a winger for us and inevitably coming up short all the time when he tries too attack on the wing. Exact same can be said about Lichsteiner we are relying on players who can not do a certain job to some how play like wingers when we need to attack.

Against Atletico in 90 minutes we did not have 1 shot on target i dont care how good we do in the league as long we play like that in Europe i wont be happy. We have nothing left to prove in the league we went a whole season unbeaten and set record points as well last season. Who ever is satisfied with winning the league on this forum every year and being disgraced in Europe thats fine, but i will never accept being mediocre when we have the players to do a lot better.

Edit @Bianconero_Aus i hope this answers your question as well
    Asamoah is a LWB.

I just point out my opinions and I stand by them,it's just my opinion.Ogbonna is definitely not a Juve material,especially not for 15 mil,he is so restricted ,no positioning ,no technique,nothing.
    Pereyra can not pass a single ball .Maybe for this game ,maybe it is not his natural position but Lich. is like a D.Alves compared to him.
    Licht is better than Alves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)