[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Palermo (October 26th 2014) (27 Viewers)

MOM JUVENTUS vs Palermo

• Buffon

• Ogbonna

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Pereyra

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Lichtsteiner

• Pogba

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kovet

Dec 12, 2013
sorry to sound stupid but why was tevez' goal offside exactly? there was an olympiacos player at the near post who shouldve played him onside?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
sorry to sound stupid but why was tevez' goal offside exactly? there was an olympiacos player at the near post who shouldve played him onside?
There should be two players in front of the last offensive player for that player to be onside. So generally you have one defender and the goalie. In this case since the goalie was ahead of Tevez there was only one player ahead of him, hence he was offside.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Llorente and Pirlo starting after their no show midweek is just :howler: :lol:

I think the only reason Evra isn't starting is because he's injured; otherwise, we would have seen a 3-5-2 with Evra, Pirlo, and Llorente (i.e. our 3 most disappointing and under-performing players this season).

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
'Nobody can give Llorente a good through ball'

Lmao fucking Llorente running in behind, good one. He'd control it poorly, stumble over his feet and lay it off to a winger without looking, only to yet again realise there is no winger.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Oh I agree about that.

But as much as I dislike 3-5-2 I think the main problem for us in CL is our mentality and aproach.
But those problems are coming out from the coach first of all. If we're a goal down by 30th minute in an away game and STILL insist on playing 3 CBs what do you expect? Allegri is waiting up until late 60ish minutes to take off a defender and put a winger. What does he expect when making changes so late? It's just wasting time while we're a goal down. It's not logical at all. If he had the right mentality he'd leave Ogbonna in the locker room.

Word.

we'll win and everything will be fine until we play in the UCL again. we draw/lose say "we'll improve and come out with hunger next time" win in Serie A again. rinse and repeat
^ This.

Juventino[RUS];4724397 said:
I saw his finishing ability against Olymp
Llorente is even worse then. He played much more so far and didn't score a single goal. Morata also came back from a serious injury.

Sorry but it's not even close. Morata has been much better so far this season. He should start.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Is RUS really criticizing Morata's finishing and in the mean time praising Llorente for the exact same thing? :confused:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Playing with 3 CB's at home to Palermo, with Pirlo and Llorente in starting 11 :facepalm2:. Let's hope we'll at least be able to squeeze in a lucky goal and win this 1-0.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That is exactly what stops us from development. When we have a chance against a relatively easy team, we don't take it to try a more adventurous formation and approach. These opportunities and attempts are the only chance for us to try to field a different shape that will most likely bring results in bigger competitions. Time and time again, Conte did it and now Allegri is doing it, we see us fielding the same people (regardless of the depth) and the same formation and the same approach against whichever team we play.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That is exactly what stops us from development. When we have a chance against a relatively easy team, we don't take it to try a more adventurous formation and approach. These opportunities and attempts are the only chance for us to try to field a different shape that will most likely bring results in bigger competitions. Time and time again, Conte did it and now Allegri is doing it, we see us fielding the same people (regardless of the depth) and the same formation and the same approach against whichever team we play.
:tup:

Same thing every single fucking time. We have 2 or 3 games against relatively easy teams to trial a new formation/system and give it a chance to bed in before the CL...but the conservative Italian mentality rears its ugly head no matter what.

Jul 20, 2012
It will continue. Allegri will switch formations only when we go behind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)