[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 0 Milan (Oct. 2nd 2011) (9 Viewers)

Man of the Match: 2011-10-02 : Juve 2 - 0 Milan

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Bonucci

• Lichtsteiner

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Krasic

• Vucinic

• Giaccherini

• Conte

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Allegri was right when he said before the game that fatigue, due to injuries preventing them from resting players, was going to hurt them this weekend.
Not sure how much it cost them.

Milan were second best right from the start, even if they might have held on if Nesta hadn't gone off.

If Milan had been in the game and tailed off after 60-70 minutes, I might have blamed fatigue, but that's not how it went.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
"I can't believe I let Pirlo go for free..."
But they were solid and united enough tonight to try it again. Chiellini at LB was miles (MILES) ahead of Grosso & DC. Bonucci & Barzagli proved to be a tight pairing and the nazi does what he does best...
Well yea because Chiellini as a player in general is miles ahead of Grosso and DC.
i'll be on five minutes.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But they were solid and united enough tonight to try it again. Bonucci & Barzagli proved to be a tight pairing
Milan were just chipping long, high balls forward. Any remotely decent CB should be able to deal with that.

Milan never had players running at the CBs (partly due to the Juve midfield doing well), never threatened to have players running in behind the Juve defence and never got people wide to put crosses in, so it was as easy a game as you could hope for.

Also, Chiellini played quite narrow, since Milan didn't really have anyone on the right wing, so the CBs had even less space to cover than they normally would.

I know people are keen to praise Juve, but keep in mind that Milan were really, really bad.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Not sure how much it cost them.

Milan were second best right from the start, even if they might have held on if Nesta hadn't gone off.

If Milan had been in the game and tailed off after 60-70 minutes, I might have blamed fatigue, but that's not how it went.
I'd imagine it played some part as they were truly terrible.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Milan were just chipping long, high balls forward. Any remotely decent CB should be able to deal with that.

Milan never had players running at the CBs (partly due to the Juve midfield doing well), never threatened to have players running in behind the Juve defence and never got people wide to put crosses in, so it was as easy a game as you could hope for.

Also, Chiellini played quite narrow, since Milan didn't really have anyone on the right wing, so the CBs had even less space to cover than they normally would.

I know people are keen to praise Juve, but keep in mind that Milan were really, really bad.
I don't doubt Milan were bad, but part of them being bad is the fact that we didn't allow any of their attackers any space. They were contained well. I don't buy "them being bad just cuz they were bad" rather we were tactically on target all game in all areas of the pitch, including defense.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't doubt Milan were bad, but part of them being bad is the fact that we didn't allow any of their attackers any space. They were contained well. I don't buy "them being bad just cuz they were bad" rather we were tactically on target all game in all areas of the pitch, including defense.
If you want to credit Juve for stopping Milan, it should be the midfield rather than the defence you praise.

They kept the ball well and denied Milan space when they had the ball.

All the CBs had to do was avoid any truly monumental fuck-ups.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
For me this is a win for Conte.

Before the match I said that our wingers struggle to make an impact in the 4-2-3-1 but our midfield is at its best. We are very hard to beat using this formation but it needs all 3 Pirlo,March and Vidal to be fit and motivated. The wingers are really there only to give the opposition something to worry about (pace) and to track back rather than to provide the goals. The middle guys and the striker are the real goal getters. Krasic and Pepe failed to have an impact as I expected and the middle guys brought the win.

Despite our control, we only tested them from long shots and we did need luck to win. I'd use this formation against big teams who usually rely on possession but with smaller ones the 4-2-4 is best choice (because controlling the game should be relatively easier).

I give this game to Conte because we won due to a team effort rather than individual brilliance. March was good but nothing spectacular but the unit as a whole was great.
Forza Juve.. Im impressed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Honestly some of those Milanisti have a point. Allegri's subs were :tdown: not that I don't give us full credit.
Nesta was injured, so he had no choice on that one.

He brought Emanuelson on for Cassano because Juve were dominating in midfield and he'll have hoped the extra player in there would have helped Milan get some possession. It's not like Cassano was doing much, though Ibrahimovic may have deserved to be subbed more.

Ambrosini for Nocerino would have made sense as a straight swap to bring on fresh legs. Problem was that Milan tried to change to some sort of 4-4-1-1 type thing at the same time. Before they had adjusted, Marchsio had driven through the space Nocerino was in prior to the sub/system change to score the decisie goal.

I suppose my point is that the subs more or less made sense, but the change of shape for the last few minutes may have cost them the draw.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
For me this is a win for Conte.

Before the match I said that our wingers struggle to make an impact in the 4-2-3-1 but our midfield is at its best. We are very hard to beat using this formation but it needs all 3 Pirlo,March and Vidal to be fit and motivated. The wingers are really there only to give the opposition something to worry about (pace) and to track back rather than to provide the goals. The middle guys and the striker are the real goal getters. Krasic and Pepe failed to have an impact as I expected and the middle guys brought the win.

Despite our control, we only tested them from long shots and we did need luck to win. I'd use this formation against big teams who usually rely on possession but with smaller ones the 4-2-4 is best choice (because controlling the game should be relatively easier).

I give this game to Conte because we won due to a team effort rather than individual brilliance. March was good but nothing spectacular but the unit as a whole was great.
:tup:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Nesta was injured, so he had no choice on that one.

He brought Emanuelson on for Cassano because Juve were dominating in midfield and he'll have hoped the extra player in there would have helped Milan get some possession. It's not like Cassano was doing much, though Ibrahimovic may have deserved to be subbed more.

Ambrosini for Nocerino would have made sense as a straight swap to bring on fresh legs. Problem was that Milan tried to change to some sort of 4-4-1-1 type thing at the same time. Before they had adjusted, Marchsio had driven through the space Nocerino was in prior to the sub/system change to score the decisie goal.

I suppose my point is that the subs more or less made sense, but the change of shape for the last few minutes may have cost them the draw.
Good post. I only saw the last half hour so I'm in no real position to say. All I know is that he didn't look good on paper.

Injuries are going to be a problem for Milan this season considering Nesta, Seedorf and the like are playing so frequently. They need Mexes to recover.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I am so glad that they will miss prince for atleast a match.. and if nesta left because of injury then thats great news!

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Allegri ain't that dumb. He's already banished Aquilani without wasting the time to play him. Galliani is the one who's f*cked them, no wonder Berlu was chasing Moggi for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)