[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Lazio [August 25th, 2018] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

• Bonucci

• Cancelo

• Chiellini

• Matuidi

• Pjanic

• Khedira

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We can only play that 3-4-3 with Mandzukic at LAM because he drops back into LM for a 4-4-2 defensive shape (Sandro drops to LB). In that formation, you would ask Ronaldo to do that and that's obviously not an option.

That posted formation is actually the weakest defensive formation, despite 3 CBs. You only have 2 lines with 7 players. No coach would play that except Zeman. One of the front 3 has to drop back to make two lines with 8 players, minimum.
343 becomes 541 defensively. It wouldn't be current 442 defensive shape.

But you've a point about Ronaldo/LM. One of Ronaldo and Dybala would have to play as SM in defense. Dybala might be able to do it (though MM is more ideal), not Ronaldo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Last time we underestimated Lazio we lost 1-2 at home.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dybala hits the bench in this one. Lazio is probably the most physical side in Serie A right now. We should start players like Mandzo, Berna, Can, Benatia..

---------------------- Perin -------------------------

Cancelo - Benatia - Chiellini - Sandro

-------- Can - Pjanic - Matuidi ------------

------ Berna - Ronaldo - Mandzo ------

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

Wouldn't be surprised if Dybala hits the bench in this one. Lazio is probably the most physical side in Serie A right now. We should start players like Mandzo, Berna, Can, Benatia..

We should start the game like we started the last game, or perhaps with Berna instead of Cuad, be aggressive take the initiative and just play them of the field. No reason to adjust the strongest lineup because Lazio, who until last year was our notorius bitches comes to visit.

Jul 8, 2018
We all like Bernardeschi but is he on the level required to be a regular starter? Im not sure about it..
If Dybala performs on a constant basis I see us running riot through every team in Europe..
Will he take that step up?! C.Ronaldo should definitely help him achieve this goal but it doesnt guarantee the goal to be achieved...
Berna has done pretty well with his limited showings, last year the injuries kept interrupting his development. It just seems like our attack is much more fluid when Berna is in.
Definitely agree with you there, if Dybala can find his form we will have one of if not the most feared front line in Europe.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
We all like Bernardeschi but is he on the level required to be a regular starter? Im not sure about it..
If Dybala performs on a constant basis I see us running riot through every team in Europe..
I think/hope Berna is. And agree what a consistent Dybala can do for Juve. I mean 10 goals in 1st 7 serie matches last season only comes from a VERY talented player.

I'd like to see us with Berna in for Cuadrado and Can in for Khedira.
Wanted these 2 in against Chievo but hopefully Max has them in the 1st 11 this week.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

Guess who's the highest scoring Juve player against Lazio in the past 3 seasons.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

It’s the second game of the season and you already have five changes?

It’ll probably be the same lineup as last week, with maybe Cuadrado getting benched in favor of Mandzukic or Bernardeschi.

Can should start for Khedira, but we all know that wont happen for another month at least.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
We can only play that 3-4-3 with Mandzukic at LAM because he drops back into LM for a 4-4-2 defensive shape (Sandro drops to LB). In that formation, you would ask Ronaldo to do that and that's obviously not an option.

That posted formation is actually the weakest defensive formation, despite 3 CBs. You only have 2 lines with 7 players. No coach would play that except Zeman. One of the front 3 has to drop back to make two lines with 8 players, minimum.
Mandzukic doesnt drop anywhere. He runs the least of our players and NO he is not a great defender at all. IF Mandzukic plays LW and drops back once, then he doesnt run forward but jogs around. Thats not what we want. Even Costa contributes more defensively, purely because of his lungs, speed and capacity to cover ground. Mandzukic doesnt have the body or athleticism to do that job, nor the youth. People still want to play him on the wing clearly hasn't watched closely. He is alright in the box to create some mess and confusion, but even his headers has not been super sharp recently, but lets see.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mandzukic doesnt drop anywhere. He runs the least of our players and NO he is not a great defender at all. IF Mandzukic plays LW and drops back once, then he doesnt run forward but jogs around. Thats not what we want. Even Costa contributes more defensively, purely because of his lungs, speed and capacity to cover ground. Mandzukic doesnt have the body or athleticism to do that job, nor the youth. People still want to play him on the wing clearly hasn't watched closely. He is alright in the box to create some mess and confusion, but even his headers has not been super sharp recently, but lets see.
:shifty:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We literally played 3-4-3 before and Mandzukic dropped into the LM spot. And the LM would go to LB. And the RCB would go to RB (usually was Barza).

I agree his attacking work rate from that position is not great, definitely overrated. I am one of the people who don't want to play him on the wing. I was just commenting on that proposed formation that didn't have even 8 players ready to defend.

Basically we need this again if we want to try 3-4-3: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2017/05...cks-and-alves-creates-both-goals-for-higuain/

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
wow, you really thought otherwise?? What can I say. If you can manage to dig up the player distance stats from our last 2 seasons, then please post them here. you would be very surprised I guess. If you cant, then even just look at his stature and play. He is skinny and lanky and not any sorts of the workhorse so many fans wants him to be. He sometimes runs in short bursts where he traces back, and he jumps into a tackle, but then he is missing at the other end and only first appearing again 10min later. But when he runs and works, it is very visual and with aggression.

- - - Updated - - -

We literally played 3-4-3 before and Mandzukic dropped into the LM spot. And the LM would go to LB. And the RCB would go to RB (usually was Barza).

I agree his attacking work rate from that position is not great, definitely overrated. I am one of the people who don't want to play him on the wing. I was just commenting on that proposed formation that didn't have even 8 players ready to defend.

Basically we need this again if we want to try 3-4-3: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2017/05...cks-and-alves-creates-both-goals-for-higuain/
Ok I see. Yeah we have a lot of attacking players and it is hard to fit them all in. Im not sure we need all these defensive oriented players though, as being able to hold possession plus posing a threat, that works as an even better defense in many cases in my opionion.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think/hope Berna is. And agree what a consistent Dybala can do for Juve. I mean 10 goals in 1st 7 serie matches last season only comes from a VERY talented player.

Wanted these 2 in against Chievo but hopefully Max has them in the 1st 11 this week.
Dybala at the start of 2017/18 season was the best player in the world after Messi&Ronaldo..

Jun 6, 2015
Just looking at the longer video posted in Youtube our lineup in the training match was:

Szczesny
Barzagli Bonucci Rugani Alex Sandro
Khedira Pjanic
Cuadrado Dybala D. Costa
C. Ronaldo​

That might be the side we play against Lazio.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Just looking at the longer video posted in Youtube our lineup in the training match was:

Szczesny
Barzagli Bonucci Rugani Alex Sandro
Khedira Pjanic
Cuadrado Dybala D. Costa
C. Ronaldo​

That might be the side we play against Lazio.
I think Mandzu is going to play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)