[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Cesena (Dec. 4th 2011) (3 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Pazienza

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Pretty dull and unimpressive game.

Juve in control, but making hard work of actually getting the goal, despite making plenty chances.

Was never a penalty, but the referee's angle won't have been good - may have appeared that Giaccherini beat the keeper to the ball. Linesman should have been able to make the correct call, though.

Am I the only one thinking the penalty was the ref's way of making up for the Del Piero challenge or making up for Rossi not getting sent off?
No way was the challenge on Del Piero a red card.

It was clumsy and worth a freekick and a yellow card. Just unfortunate that Del Piero got hurt, when nine times out of ten the contact won't be as significant and the player will be able to continue.

However, it was not sufficiently nasty or malicous to warrant a red card.

That there was a lot of blood does not make the foul any worse.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

It was clumsy and worth a freekick and a yellow card. Just unfortunate that Del Piero got hurt, when nine times out of ten the contact won't be as significant and the player will be able to continue.

Rossi was a cunt all game. He also slaughtered Matri further down the field in the first half, a challenge which was obviously a red card.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
We have FKs and corners, we just don't convert them into goals.
I think what Melo was saying was that we seem to be getting screwed out of a lot of free kicks and corners that look pretty obvious. Off the top of my head, Lichtsteiner seems to get denied a lot.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I thought when Rossi made that challenge against Ale, he already had a yellow card, so logically he should've been shown a second yellow. That's why members here were talking about a red.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

My point being, Rossi was already on a yellow card.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I thought when Rossi made that challenge against Ale, he already had a yellow card, so logically he should've been shown a second yellow. That's why members here were talking about a red.
:agree:

He carried a yellow from the first half and the foul on DP was dangerous play that warranted a yellow card. In Rossi's case it was gonna be a deserved 2nd yellow.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Pretty dull and unimpressive game.

Juve in control, but making hard work of actually getting the goal, despite making plenty chances.

Was never a penalty, but the referee's angle won't have been good - may have appeared that Giaccherini beat the keeper to the ball. Linesman should have been able to make the correct call, though.

rossi was already on a yellow so he would have been sent off anyways for a 2nd bookable offence

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
I think what Melo was saying was that we seem to be getting screwed out of a lot of free kicks and corners that look pretty obvious. Off the top of my head, Lichtsteiner seems to get denied a lot.
Oh.. Sorry, my bad. Than i must agree with Melo. There was definitely foul against Licht in first half and Rossi should've been sent off for his challenge against Alex.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm just mad we used up our "gift call" for no reason. Now you know every game for the next 2 years we will get denied obvious things because of this stupid ref's one mistake.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The late challenge near the touchline?

It was worth a booking.
The way I see football, and our views may differ greatly because you're a fan of Aberdeen and the football philosophy is different there, is that when you do following things in a tackle you deserve a straight red card:

Come in late, Matri (?) had already passed the ball when he made his challenge
You come from the back and the opponent has no idea that you're going at him
You tackle with a raised, stretched leg

Rossi did all these things, that challenge on Matri could have easily broken his leg.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The way I see football, and our views may differ greatly because you're a fan of Aberdeen and the football philosophy is different there, is that when you do following things in a tackle you deserve a straight red card:

Come in late, Matri (?) had already passed the ball when he made his challenge
You come from the back and the opponent has no idea that you're going at him
You tackle with a raised, stretched leg

Rossi did all these things, that challenge on Matri could have easily broken his leg.
It was a poor tackle.

And while technically it could have done harm, I didn't think he went in with that much force. If it had been more forceful, it could well have been a red.

Defenders go through forwards like that relatively frequently.

Not nice, but not that serious.

And I'd also say that type of challenge isn't a potential leg-breaker. Challenges from that angle are more likely to fuck someones knee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)