[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-3 Palermo (September 23rd 2010) (5 Viewers)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Felipe Melo

• Ale Del Piero

• Not a single Juve player

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
Everybody seems to have such short memory.

I know it's hard to look at the positive aspects when you lose 3-1 at home, but at least this year there are signs that the team wants to fight back to get a result. Last year, as soon as we conceeded a goal the matches ended. This year, at least, it seems like we are fighting to score and get back.

That for me signals a positive change in mentality. That hunger for winning is imperative if we are to build a winning team. True, things didn't go our way today, and almost anything Palermo did turned to gold. That's football. We achieve nothing when we win, but it ain't the end of the world when we lose either.

Aug 17, 2007
Forza Juve.

Yeah, bad result, bad record so far, but the season is long and we got Cagliari on Sunday. Forget about this match as fast as you can. Just forget. Our defence is awful, but we'll get better. After Udinese some guys here said we're a Scudetto team, now some of you say we're Serie B team.

So no Scudetto, but not Serie B. We're playing fine besides the defence, that's something we must resovle quickly. But we play much better on the attacking side than any other Post-Calciopoli Juve.

We'll get much better, the season just started, don't lose your faith.

FORZA JUVE
And another thing- FUCK PALERMO. I hate this team so much. Did you guys hear how Rossi shouted after the final whistle? I want to kill him

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Forza Juve.

Yeah, bad result, bad record so far, but the season is long and we got Cagliari on Sunday. Forget about this match as fast as you can. Just forget. Our defence is awful, but we'll get better. After Udinese some guys here said we're a Scudetto team, now some of you say we're Serie B team.

So no Scudetto, but not Serie B. We're playing fine besides the defence, that's something we must resovle quickly. But we play much better on the attacking side than any other Post-Calciopoli Juve.

We'll get much better, the season just started, don't lose your faith.

FORZA JUVE
Most sensible post I have read on here in a long time.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Storari - 5

Motta - 4.5
Bonucci - 5.5
Chiellini - 6
Grygera - 5.5

Krasic - 6.5
Melo - 6.5
Marchisio - 6
Pepe - 4.5

Del Piero - 6.5
Quagliarella - 5

Iaquinta - 6
Amauri - 5.5
Aquilani - 5
Thats prolly the most accurate ratings, tho id give melo 6 and storari 4.5

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I loved the fact the fans kept singing the "Fino alla fine, Forza Juventus" chants even after the game.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
We need fullbacks, seriously we need to get at least one in January. We also need a quality LW.

Such a shame we were playing a good game in the first half, we let this game slip out of our hands.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Everybody seems to have such short memory.

I know it's hard to look at the positive aspects when you lose 3-1 at home, but at least this year there are signs that the team wants to fight back to get a result. Last year, as soon as we conceeded a goal the matches ended. This year, at least, it seems like we are fighting to score and get back.

That for me signals a positive change in mentality. That hunger for winning is imperative if we are to build a winning team. True, things didn't go our way today, and almost anything Palermo did turned to gold. That's football. We achieve nothing when we win, but it ain't the end of the world when we lose either.
Agree, we look in better shape mentally, but conceding goals kills that. I've seen Palermo's other matches this season and we were unlucky tonight, they had a lot more go to them, and thanks to Zamparini for ensuring we barely had a contentious decision all night.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We didn't deserve to lose this one IMO. Good first half, bad second.

Storari - 3.5

Motta - 5
Chiellini - 4.5
Bonucci - 4.5
Grygera - 5

Krasic - 6
Melo - 6.5
Marchisio - 5
Pepe - 4.5

Del Piero - 6
Quag - 5.5

--

Amauri - 5.5
Iaquinta - 5.5
Aquilani - 5
Motta better than Bonucci and Chiellini? He was absolute shit. Liability at the back and wasteful going forward. His assist was one good cross out of more than ten attempts.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
1 Inter
2 Chievo
3 Brescia
4 Catania
5 Lazio
6 Cesena
7 Cagliari
8 AC Milan
9 Sampdoria
10 Parma
11 Napoli
12 Bologna
13 Genoa
14 Bari
15 Juventus
16 Palermo
17 Lecce
18 Fiorentina
19 AS Roma
20 Udinese

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
It's not really ridiculous that we are predictable. This system has shown that it is since the Capello days. I don't know why folks expect a change.
But our DNA!!

Seriously, this was what I was worried about, once people saw Krasic was quality, he was going to get a lot heavier marking and we'll be without any creativity in midfield if they manage to neutralize him, like they did today. Taking DP out and putting Aqua on the left wing was an unnecessary move, and I just hate how horrible and predictable our play is with 2 big men on the forward line.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
1 Inter
2 Chievo
3 Brescia
4 Catania
5 Lazio
6 Cesena
7 Cagliari
8 AC Milan
9 Sampdoria
10 Parma
11 Napoli
12 Bologna
13 Genoa
14 Bari
15 Juventus
16 Palermo
17 Lecce
18 Fiorentina
19 AS Roma
20 Udinese
Not bad for a team that recently won promotion from B :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)