[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-2 Lazio [October 14th 2017] (2 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #282
    On paper we have a better defense than anyone in Italy yet we are conceding goals.

This is a mental issue more than anything.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    We say that now but when our defense was solid we were crying out for better attacking options.

Defense is weaker now because of our midfield. We are missing our key midfield players.

We had our chances..some bad luck and poor finishing was the reason for the result.

We need a healthier squad to choose from. Need allegri to invest faith in rugani. We cant expect our players to play week in week out for club and country. Barzagli for example just cant do it. I dont mind having these players at the club but they have to be part of rotation and when we have younger players ready for limelight then fuking start them.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    We say that now but when our defense was solid we were crying out for better attacking options.

Defense is weaker now because of our midfield. We are missing our key midfield players.
    Defense is weaker because Beppe sold two starters and didn't replace them (properly).

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    Midfield is a part of it Agreed. But only a blind man would argue our defence is wq.

Lichsteiner is beyond terrible. He is terrible in defence and hes passing going forward , omg.

Last season we could keep possesion with ease giving our defenders was very good in possesion and setting up our play. Now, opposition knows - just give Lichsteiner the ball and we Will loose possesion.

I actually thought bonucci would be the biggest loss, and we do miss him! But quality wise our biggest loss was Alves!

Since our, we sell one or two Stars every summer strategi started - the biggest loss has been Alves.

Tevez, vidal , Pirlo, Pogba, were all better players than him, but all were replaced with wise decisions , Alves wasnt! And the gap between him and Lichsteiner is so Big that it would crush s Richter scale!

And i freaking hate that prick Alves, but thats the truth!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Not saying our defense is WC but its still solid enough. We are weaker in midfield right now and with our tactics we get exposed.

Also in previous seasons we would get the win regardless of playing good or not. So many wins when playing average were seen. Our mentality needs to change...as lazio napoli inter rona milan etc get better we cant play average and expect to win.

Lich is past it. Barzagli is not a natural rb. De sciglio has shown under conte for the NT that he can be decent enough but can allegri get that out of him?

Regarding alves he did miss a lot of football. He became important towards the end of the season. And more often than not he played more as a winger than a RB. Hard to argue he is not missed but are we needing more from cuads or costa more further up the field more so than the rb position.

Some food for thought...

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    Agreed that our wingers need to show more, but in modern football fullback often set up the play, and the difference is alves could shift play from one site to the other with ease , And by that create two against one for sandro and Mandzukic.

Lichsteiner cant even make a 2 yard pass without failing.

But Agreed they has to step up.

Sep 2, 2004
    Allegri is at fault for this loss. Left his best player on the bench and started a 3 man midfield even though 2 of the 3 players werent fit to play. Another mistake was playing old Barzagli who has look extremely old this season. Pathetic performance especially in 2nd half.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    On paper we have a better defense than anyone in Italy yet we are conceding goals.

This is a mental issue more than anything.
    Football isn't played on paper however, and I'd argue that our defense used to be indomitable and impenetrable, but that it's no longer the case. Barza is clearly older and visibly slower, and it's painful to watch. Benatia is one disaster away from costing us a goal,a true calamity. Chiellini is our best defender, but he's had his injury problems, and he's no spring chicken either. Rugani doesn't have the faith of the coach, and we don't even know what Howedes can do, as he's still out injured.

- - - Updated - - -

First i want to say we did not deserve to loose this game, we are wasting absurd chances in this match.

That beeing said, we clealy have problems that needs to fixed.

Our biggest problem is we are not solid in defence, not only our defenders but as s unit. Giving away that many counter attacks even When in front is so unlike us, had we played a team with more quality it could have been ugly! We looked like a Premier league side today, brainless!

Next problem is our central midfield. Pjanic is for sure our most important player, even more than Dybala. He dictate the game and has leaned to protect our defence , matuidi is not that type and bentacur Will learn When gaining experience.

Final problem is When you we buy Douglas Costa you know What you get.
    He is useless if we dont set him up properly , i cant Seem to understand we are so bad at getting him in positions Where he face a defender one on one. Its his fault and the the whole team - if he dont get the ball in theese situations there is No need for him!

Final say. WTF has happened to Lichsteiner? I knew alves was a level above , but seriously Lichsteiners level as footballer right now is not even Spal level.

Hes passing is Perhaps the worse in all serie a. Rb in january is a must!
    :lol: :howler: I stopped reading here. What game were you watching Muchacho? Our attacking threat was absolutely nonexistent in the 2nd half. Our performance was a steaming pile of dog shit!

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
    Hustini always trying to bench Mandzukic :lol:
    The guy hasn't had a poor game in months.
    I don't think Manz qualified as an AML from the beginning if there is no sandro.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is Asamoah the escape goat? I know he is not Alex Sandro but on this forum it seems he is the root of all evil.
    the guy played four games, home vs fio and lazio, away vs atalanta, how about the games?

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Asamoah has been atrocious. He should have been sold three years ago.

Lict, Barza & Cheillini are all in declining phase, and are going downhill from here on.

Higuain continues his shit form. He really should have scored for a player of his status. Very poor overall.

Mandzukic is not adding anything to the game this season at all. He played one good game all season. This system is not working for him anymore and its usless to keep playing him there. Allegri either need to change his tactics or stop playing Mandzukic in left wing.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Agreed.

Said it from start of the season. Our better better attacking options wont make up for our medicore defence.

We can buy all fancy wingers in the World, but our game dosent suit theese types.
    It's a big question did we actually bought fancy wingers at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Defense is weaker because Beppe sold two starters and didn't replace them (properly).
    Actually clown Alves went by mutual agreement for the contract termination,free.

- - - Updated - - -

So I didn't get to watch the match...guess we were that bad?
    You can't imagine.Especially at the second half.I really don't understand why do we fucking need 3 man midfield?Bentacur-Matuidi-Khedira clearly doesn't know exactly what to do there and do not understand each other and their positioning was awfull.Even when we were down 1-2 Alegri keep with 3 man mid?????Higuain was painfull to watch.Not a singe proper receiving of the ball.Missed easiest one to one situation.Dybala was benched.Alegri was lost with his tactic.And ,before all,Barzagli as much I love him should retire.Made that mice Immobile to look like Suarez.Dybala missed a second penalty in two games.Painful,painful to watch.We will have big,big problems if we continue like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)