[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-2 Lazio [October 14th 2017] (2 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
we're in round 8 of a looong season. Calm down people. Yes, the performance was poor and I am upset too. But take a deep breath and leave evaluations to later. The only real concern I have is the defence. Put Rugani on and let him grow, otherwise with two fairly inexperienced/young CB we'll be in more problem that could be reduced and avoided by letting Rugani grow into a leading role. Barza is in severe decline obviously and Benatia is at best a backup and never a serious contender for a starting position in a top CL club.
Nevertheless. Calm down.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Stats-wise, perhaps. Costa scored and Bernardeschi won a penalty. While Berna's game is hard to rate because Lazio played so many men behind the ball, Costa was painfully terrible.
Thought Berna was one of our best players today actually.

Costa was cack though, wasn't convinced when we signed him and so far he really didn't surprise me. Still got time obviously, but not looking good ao far.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Dybala and Higuain in last 2 matches are the biggest minus.
Dybala failing 2 penalties which could have given us +4 more than we currently have and Higuain simply failing any chance he has.
Buffon and Barzagli as well...
If Napoli wins tonight it's going to be really hard to win this Serie A

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #250
    I think he had one less marker on him than Bernardeschi. I might be wrong.
    :agree:

If you were a Lazio player/coach...it made sense to actually focus your marking on capable players because you knew Asamoah was the worst player easily for attacking. Any coach would have authorized that. Would have been different if Sandro was marking he wouldn't have been allowed as much space as Asamoah.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
    Credit to Lazio who to a man played with conviction and confidence which won them the victory. They are a super solid defensive team with rapid, incisive counters. But we've already played them this season and shouldn't be surprised by that. It was the same thing in the Supercoppa. We should have been ready for them in the second half and we weren't.

Maybe the Netflix cameras will pick up some insight into what the hell Allegri was thinking sticking with Asamoah for the full 90 tonight and using him as our main offensive outlet. Baffling, along with the Sturaro sub instead of Cuadrado when we needed a goal.

Bentancur didn't have the greatest of games but I don't think you can fault him too much - he did misplay some passes but that is to be expected when you rely on him to the extent that we did tonight. I do think it's right to question Khedira's and Matuidi's performances in this game. They did pop up here and there but for players of their reputation they were strikingly absent from the action. But they weren't the main issue tonight. IMO Higuain and to a lesser extent Dybala let us down. I really hate to say that but it's true.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    @Hustini :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Is the scudetto still a walk in the park?
    We're not winning it this year. We'll struggle, unless some changes are made in January. We might have depth, but we lack structure and a proper game plan. We play well in fits and starts, and look confused for the most part.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #254
    @Hustini :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

We're not winning it this year. We'll struggle, unless some changes are made in January. We might have depth, but we lack structure and a proper game plan. We play well in fits and starts, and look confused for the most part.
    It's not the game plan. We dropped points from missing PKs and losing leads in games we were in control of. This is all mental baby.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Very very "healthy" loss.We make shitty Immobile looks like Suarez:sergio:.Oh I forgot it's just the opening of the season,everything will be fine come March.Just Gigi and Chiellini(cause Evra is gone) to give that "awesome" locker room speech and we will win the Scudetto by 30 points difference .No doubt of that.And like Allegri says this will be Higuain's month.Obviously.We have to be optimistic especially after a defeat on our turf from a team like Lazio.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the MotM-poll? :numnum:
    There is no need for that.We alredy know who the winner is,Higuain without any doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)