[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Sampdoria (02/15/09) (2 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Del Piero is Del Piero and Sissoko is Sissoko. Dribbling is one of Del Piero's specialty and he barely looses the ball. Few times he loose it, most of the times he either gets past them or earns a foul.

I'll let you do the math.
i'm not saying he's as bad as momo. NO WAY!!!

but there are lots of times when he holds onto the ball longer than necessary even tho he has simple passes on

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    i'm not saying he's as bad as momo. NO WAY!!!

but there are lots of times when he holds onto the ball longer than necessary even tho he has simple passes on
    Maybe couple of times he does that not more. But then again if he doesn't dribble and try to create who will? He's our most creative player and it's just normal he tries dribbling.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    Maybe couple of times he does that not more. But then again if he doesn't dribble and try to create who will? He's our most creative player and it's just normal he tries dribbling.
    agreed....i was just sayin he not immune to being a ball hogg & over dribbling. cuz he's frustrating when he does it sometimes.

hopefully he'd have less of the weight on his shoulders now that camo is back. & if tiago plays consistently & ups his game we have the makings of a more powerful attack with would not be as DP dependant as we have been so far

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Buffon
    Grygera - Mellberg - Legro - Molinaro
    Camoranesi - Tiago - Sissoko - Giovinco*
    Trezeguet - Del Piero

*Expect Nedved.
    For sure. Especially since he's gonna have a week long rest, while Gio will be playing for U21. Voila, there goes Ranieri's excuse to start Nedved.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    agreed....i was just sayin he not immune to being a ball hogg & over dribbling. cuz he's frustrating when he does it sometimes.

hopefully he'd have less of the weight on his shoulders now that camo is back. & if tiago plays consistently & ups his game we have the makings of a more powerful attack with would not be as DP dependant as we have been so far
    Just imagine some Giovinco Del Piero Camoranesi combined together.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    just got pm from CR and he told me to bet that we will play this if no one gets injured in meantime:

Buffon
    Camoranesi - Tiago - Poulsen - Giovinco
    Trezeguet - Del Piero

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    just got pm from CR and he told me to bet that we will play this if no one gets injured in meantime:

Buffon
    Camoranesi - Tiago - Poulsen - Giovinco
    Trezeguet - Del Piero
    :lol: yeh rite. that wud require him actually doin something for the good of juve. + ain't no way he gonna rest momo & neddy. I'm sure he personal statment to neddy is "u'll rest when u die"

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Ranieri will play the usual suspects. No need to post a formation.

This will either be another painful and hard fought narrow victory, or possibly a draw.

Let's try to maintain 2nd place and fend off the advances and assault of Milan, Roma, and Fiorentina on that 2nd spot.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Ranieri will play the usual suspects. No need to post a formation.
    How will your formation for this match look, and how much different it will be than the one consisted of the usual suspects? Apart from Giovinco/Nedved, what are the other differences?

This will either be another painful and hard fought narrow victory, or possibly a draw.
    Teams can't maintain the same form throughout the season. We are no different.
    We started the season ok, then series of 5 bad results followed (4 in serie A and one in CL), then we played excellent and we got excellent results in the following 20-21 matches, and now we're suffering again in the last 4 matches, even though we somehow managed to win the last 2. Slowly and surely we're getting out of the crisis. The football we played vs Napoli and Catania may not imply that, but i'm pretty sure that Catania would have looked much different if we had all 11 players on the field. We played 120 min in midweek and we played 80 minutes with 10 men. It was normal to play the way we played. But those 10 starting minutes were very good and reminded me of November and December.

I'm convinced that the crisis are behind us and it's going to be much better from now on.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Has anyone noticed how there is a similar pattern in season 2007/08 and this season?

September and October weren't good last season. We lost at home to Udinese, we lost away to Napoli and we had 2 draws. This season we also lost twice and had 3 draws in these months. Then we hit form in November and December but after Christmas we lost to Reggina and Fiorentina and played 1:1 with Catania and Cagliari. In the second part of February, as well as in March and April, we made the best results when we beat Inter, Milan, Roma, Napoli and we destroyed Lazio, Atalanta, Parma.

This year, at least until now, we can see the same things. Average/bad September, October, great November and December, and we were again bad after Christmas, in January and early February.

Does this have anything to do with our trainings? With our pre-season and winter preparations?
    You know, slow start and everything is set to hit form at the right time.

Different coaches have different methods. Capello's teams had great start, great mid-season, but they were falling apart come the last 2-3 months. Ancelotti's Milan is always slow starter and always have a great finish. Lippi was also the strongest in the later stages. All this has to do a lot with the preparations and with the training methods.
    I guess late February, March, April and May will give us a more clear answer on this, but so far things are shaping up in that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)