[Serie A] Juventus 1-1 Roma [August 27th, 2022] (7 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It’s just so weird to see a club like ours where even in our best of times - playing well but not scoring, other side looking basically like utter dogshit - you never truly have full confidence in the team to get the job done. Any other side of our stature would have scored 2 or 3 against such a pathetic team. Why is it that legacy defenders always have the match of their lives against us? I know smelling is good, but he’s just one guy. Mourinho deploys his side as if half of them are in wheelchairs and we still draw 1-1. What a fucking joke we are.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Yup. Very similar performance. Tbh I don’t see much difference between this season and last season in terms of motivation, quality of play, luck and the general standard of our play. Just feels like it’s going to be another one of those seasons again.
The only difference is the amount and quality of the absentees who hopefully are returning soon, a better start than last season, Vlahovic after a full preseason and finally Paredes aka the midfielder Max is dying for and maybe the one we are missing since Pjanic’s sale.

We were one good referee away against Inter last season from challenging for the title so I am still delusional and hopeful.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Just so disappointing that we drop these kind of points. Just continues to highlight a massive lack of quality in this team though, with only Dusan capable of creating something out of nothing - scorer of 75% of our goals this season… same old Juve.

Then to see them equalise on a moment of magic assist from Dybala further highlights our missing quality. The game started to turn when we lost Rabiot and started to bring in low level players. Zak isn’t good enough, don’t get me started on headless chicken footballer McKennie, that guy needs to be sold immediately.

Cuadrado was poor and shoots when he needs to pass despite being one of the worst finishers in our squad, Kostic was very poor and didn’t even get his crossed past the first man. This is going to be a tough season and I’m not convinced this set of players and manager is capable of achieving the top 4 finish we need

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The only difference is the amount and quality of the absentees who hopefully are returning soon, a better start than last season, Vlahovic after a full preseason and finally Paredes aka the midfielder Max is dying for and maybe the one we are missing since Pjanic’s sale.

We were one good referee away against Inter last season from challenging for the title so I am still delusional and hopeful.
Non-accidentally the same ref was in charge for Juve - Inter last season

POS SOB

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
1st situation i didn't even recall and for the 3rd they didn't even show a replay during the game iirc.
And at the same time they cancel Loca's goal because of "handball"...
Really it's time to get lawyers to work or something because this cherry picking the situations to use var is rigged.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I can’t complain about VAR situations because I believe the whole concept is a joke to sell football to robots.
It's the human component that failed VAR. When retardo-ref looks at a slow-motion 15 times and makes a decision so wrong it would put a blind man to shame

Don't blame the robots

Oct 23, 2011
I’ve rewatched the first hour of the game and it actually gave me a lot of confidence for the remainder of the season.

Players were fired up, fighting for every inch on the pitch, winning almost every second ball, pressing high and recuperating position at Roma’s half. This is anything unlike we’ve seen last year or in the first 2 games of the season. No regrets whatsoever in terms of desire or fighting spirit.

What’s still concerning is that we weren’t able to translate the dominance into goals, which is simply due to poor decision making and lack of quality. A game like this would have been very different if we’d have Chiesa and/or Di Maria instead of Kostic or Cuadrado.

Also Vlahovic really has to do better in a few instances - I recall a moment where Locatelli played him with his back to the goal and made the run for the one-two, which Smalling anticipated and intercepted. Instead, if Vlahovic would have turned he would be open to the goal on the penalty box.

Also great cameo from Milik, who has certain skills Vlahovic is still lacking. Things like holding of the ball with the back to the goal, dropping a little deeper to relieve some pressure and open up the play to the other side. You could tell why Allegri wanted a backup striker like him.

Its a shame that despite no player really performing worse than a 6/10, we still didn’t get the 3 points here. But most of us craved for some improvements in play and mindset and I think we got that yesterday. A few relatively easy games (on paper) are coming up now and these will have to won if we want to be Scudetto contenders this season.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I’ve rewatched the first hour of the game and it actually gave me a lot of confidence for the remainder of the season.

Players were fired up, fighting for every inch on the pitch, winning almost every second ball, pressing high and recuperating position at Roma’s half. This is anything unlike we’ve seen last year or in the first 2 games of the season. No regrets whatsoever in terms of desire or fighting spirit.

What’s still concerning is that we weren’t able to translate the dominance into goals, which is simply due to poor decision making and lack of quality. A game like this would have been very different if we’d have Chiesa and/or Di Maria instead of Kostic or Cuadrado.

Also Vlahovic really has to do better in a few instances - I recall a moment where Locatelli played him with his back to the goal and made the run for the one-two, which Smalling anticipated and intercepted. Instead, if Vlahovic would have turned he would be open to the goal on the penalty box.

Also great cameo from Milik, who has certain skills Vlahovic is still lacking. Things like holding of the ball with the back to the goal, dropping a little deeper to relieve some pressure and open up the play to the other side. You could tell why Allegri wanted a backup striker like him.

Its a shame that despite no player really performing worse than a 6/10, we still didn’t get the 3 points here. But most of us craved for some improvements in play and mindset and I think we got that yesterday. A few relatively easy games (on paper) are coming up now and these will have to won if we want to be Scudetto contenders this season.
We literally played exactly the same way against Milan in round 4 of last season. If anything, we played better then and missed even more chances. I’m still not convinced yet. This team still lacks goals, creativity and grinta.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We literally played exactly the same way against Milan in round 4 of last season. If anything, we played better then and missed even more chances. I’m still not convinced yet. This team still lacks goals, creativity and grinta.
We lack all of that indeed but I agree with the previous post, we are looking more solid now. Once we add some creative players like Paredes, Di Maria, Pogba, Chiesa and a mezzala Locatelli imo we will be quite good.

At the moment we are playing with a squad that is downgraded from last season, yet look a bit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)