[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 31st, 2010) (28 Viewers)

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
What was up with DP today. He doesnt do simple at all. lost the ball numerous amount of times delaying his passes. C'mon Capitano! do the simple stuff when its needed. And what formation was Lazio playing til we scored anyway? looked like a 10-0-0 to me.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Del Piero was benched many times under Ferrara but we still were not playing 4-2-3-1 even when it wasn't for him so I don't understand how his ego is the problem here.
its not only del piero i'm talking about all our strikers will start to get a bit bitchy if they don't start and it all comes down to no one at the club putting their foot down, their all a bunch of soft cocks if we had a hard ass manager who makes the decisions and the back room staff that back him up they will all be following the same line now their all running rings around each other

It was Zac's first match as the coach. He couldn't play Giovinco after him being sidelined for a long while so we simply couldn't go for a 4-2-3-1. Did you want Paolucci to start ahead of Del Piero tonight?
why couldn't Yago or Rossi play? why did we bring back Yago to teach the rest of the players Spanish and get them ready for next season

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
What was up with DP today. He doesnt do simple at all. lost the ball numerous amount of times delaying his passes. C'mon Capitano! do the simple stuff when its needed. And what formation was Lazio playing til we scored anyway? looked like a 10-0-0 to me.
Del Piero is not getting any younger but that seems difficult to assume by many of us juventus' fans.

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
I guess in theory he was upfront with Zarate but in reality he spent almost all his time further back. They were very defensive. They came looking for a 0-0.

Tell me about it. I watched it on ESPN at home and the commentator kept stressing how catenaccio Lazio was. In all fairness i didnt think we played that bad. Ok we struggle to unlock defences this season and to also have a go with the Lazio team bus parked in front of the goal is like pissing against the wind. I thought when we got that goal then the game would then open up and we'd get a 2nd goal. But i forgot its with todays Juventus, how stupid of me.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
The only improvement I saw from this match is ball movement. Through out the majority of the game, we were passing the ball around exceptionally well and had excellent possession. The problem is none of this lead to any real chances.
dont think so one-dimensional, mate ...

passing well around is not only important, because you can create chances with it. the players get more secure the more the get the ball and more importantly: as long as we got the ball, the opponent doesn't and so we will not concede a goal ;)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Tell me about it. I watched it on ESPN at home and the commentator kept stressing how catenaccio Lazio was. In all fairness i didnt think we played that bad. Ok we struggle to unlock defences this season and to also have a go with the Lazio team bus parked in front of the goal is like pissing against the wind. I thought when we got that goal then the game would then open up and we'd get a 2nd goal. But i forgot its with todays Juventus, how stupid of me.
What we really need to break down a team that plays like that is width. We either need wingers or decent attacking full backs.

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
What we really need to break down a team that plays like that is width. We either need wingers or decent attacking full backs.
You see with this formation would actually work if we had excellent full backs.....but we dont. and losing Nedved and marchionni, with the added Camo and gio injury wanks everything right up. de ceglie looked good at times going forward Grygera was :sergio: but caceres came but didnt have much time to stamp his mark on the game.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
We all know the 4-4-1-1 was Ferraras pussy attempts to hang onto draws. He used it as a last resort. When Giovinco is fit he should be starting no matter what at Del Pieros or at Amauris expense. He has been alot more effective for us in the game he has played in than both Del Piero and Amauri have.
I'd sure be delightful if our team starts performing with another system and with certain players who are fit in that system but on the other hand, I'm not stranger to this team and I know how limited Giovinco is and how he's not the managers favorite to start every kind of match with so even if we start playing 4-2-3-1, we have to still have alternative systems to switch to when the main system doesn't work or when we don't have the right players suiting for that which is not a far-fetched possibility considering the physical state of Gio and Camo's endless injuries.

As for Giovinco, It's not like you're talking about a player who's come from another planet, someone who can save us every time he plays. We all know Giovinco, he is very talented and if he's being trained by experienced coaches who can drag the most out of him, he's got the potential to become a world class player but he is not one at the moment. He's let the fans down many times when he got the chance. By no means can he (or any other player) play a savior role in this team. We had probably two or three good matches this season and yes, Giovinco and the system we played seemed to be the reasons for our good displays at those certain times but Giovinco has had his fair share of disappointing performances this season and that's why I don't really believe we can last playing 4-2-3-1 getting good results like that. But it's definitely worth trying.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Disgusting. We cheat to get a penalty, the ref gifts us a great chance to win 20 minutes before the end and we still fail to win. We're such a disgusting team :sergio:

And unlucky too. Can we at least once play a match without losing someone for the following match? Either an injury or a suspension follows after every single match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)