[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 31st, 2010) (6 Viewers)

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
Ratings from Gazzetta dello sport.

Manninger 6

Grygera 5
Cannavaro 6
Chiellini 6
De Ceglie 6,5

Candreva 6,5
Melo 6,5
Sissoko 6,5

Diego 6

Amauri 5
Del piero 6,5

Caceres 6

classicalmania

Jun 20, 2009
Not a too bad result IMO. There were signs of improvements compared to the previous matches in Ferrara's era. There were however also many persistent problems that Zac obviously has had not enough time to fix.

THE GOOD:
- Mentality: we started the match with a much more positive attitude, and the hunger that I have not seen for a long time.

- (Slight) adjustments of the way we played during the match: Initially we rushed into them and tried to penetrate into their box centrally. That didn't work because they packed their whole team in front of us. Over time we adjusted and tried to variate the way we approach their goalie by combining short-pass plays with long shots and going down the flanks. Given Zac comments after the match, I give the credits for him for this adjustments.

- (Vritually) none of the hopeless long balls.

- The players: Momo, Melo, and Ale have played better and Candreva was good.

THE (PERSISTENTLY) BAD:

- No width: this is the major flaw of the 4-3-1-2 with no good fullbacks. Zac better fix it ASAP

- Unable to score: First this is due to the lack of clear chances, which is in turn due to the drawbacks of the current formation. Second this is also due to the mental problems of the players (e.g Amauri).

- Unfocusing and conceding at the last minutes. This stats will make you surprise: Of all the 29 goals we conceded in Series A this season, 15 goals (51.73%) have been conceded in the last 15 min of the two halves.

- Conceding from set piece situations: 12/29 goals (41.38%) that we conceded were from set piece situations

THE MYSTERY:

- Zac's sub: Some of you guys criticised Zac for subbing Melo with Caceres. From what I understand Melo was injured so the sub was unavoidable. His late sub of Paolucci was also questionable, but given that he got only 48 hours with the team, I would not put the blame on him but wait for the next few matches.

====================
Now the ratings:

Mannigner - 6: Did well in blocking the shot of Mauri, but could not do anything in the later attempt of the same player.

Grygera - 4: Bad. Contributed nothing to the attack and was poor in marking Mauri. The goal was his fault.

De Ceglie - 5.5: One of the better performances from him; Not tested much defensively; Active offensively with several attempts to going down the flank to cross and shoot, hence created more open spaces for us. His crosses and shots were a bit rushed however and not very effective.

Cannavaro - 6: Solid defensively. Had a good shot at the end of the match but not enough to test their keeper.

Chielini - 6: Same as Cannavaro.

Candreva - 6.5: One of the bright spots on our side. His long range shots are the weapon that we have lacked since the leave of Pavel. Quite good with his movements and passings. However, he might need to be more initiative rather than just passing the ball to Diego most of the time.

Melo - 6.5: Was much better than his recent performance. Solid. Did well as a fifth defender when needed and was good in starting some of our attacks. He need to avoid giving stupid faults in the dangerous areas near our box though. The team's performance significantly dropped since he left the field.

Sissoko - 6.5: Very good at running forward and exchanging passes with the strikers. Also did well in drifting to the right flank to create more open spaces. A rock in defending. Needs to improve his long range passings though.

Diego - 7: Our most dangerous player. The guy always keep running and fighting until the end. A good performance but as Zac said sometimes he needs to move out wide to avoid being marked and to create more spaces. Was unlucky with some of his shots. Should have scored one goal.

Ale - 6.5: Was good at exchanging beautiful passes with Diego/Amauri/Sissoko/Candreva to penetrate their defensive line. Did well in creating the penalty and converting it. Was a bit slow at times though and was clearly not fit enough for 90 minutes.

Amauri - 6: Unlike some of you guys, I think Amauri had a good game. He did pretty well as a target man to attract the attentions of their defenders and create open spaces/ chances for others. Largely contributed to the penalty incident of Alex. He needs to be more clinical and especially to not giving faults at every minutes. That would only make him more frustrated and less accurate in finishing.

Caceres - 5: Did nothing special or was given too little time to make any impact.

Paolucci - N/R.

Zac - 6: Did well to motivate the players and seems to me that he did well to adjust our gameplay during the game - one thing that I rarely see Ferrara did. His subs were controversial but I would not judge this aspect now given that he had too little time to know the players.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
So how was the match?Was it horrible as you guys expected?or wasn't?
The penatly was very soft, but our performance warranted more than just one point. Zaccheroni only had the team a day so it was promising enough.

We just cant cope when things dont go our way. We lost our way after we conceded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)