[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 31st, 2010) (13 Viewers)

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
the biggest problem is 4-3-1-2 is doesn't work we don't have the players for that, our best matches have been with the 4-1-3-1 but our managers are to scared to put someone under 30 on and only play with 1 striker which might hurt someones ego becaause he doesn't start

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
the biggest problem is 4-3-1-2 is doesn't work we don't have the players for that, our best matches have been with the 4-1-3-1 but our managers are to scared to put someone under 30 on and only play with 1 striker which might hurt someones ego becaause he doesn't start
Del Piero can't play in that formation. I'm guessing that's a huge problem for most managers.

I'm dying to see the 4-2-3-1.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Del Piero can't play in that formation. I'm guessing that's a huge problem for most managers.

I'm dying to see the 4-2-3-1.
It certainly is the Del Piero factor. Similar situation to what Raul is at Madrid but they dropped him and they look alot better. Sometimes as much as I like him this season he seems to be abit of a hinderance on the team. I'd rather see Giovinco starting now and Del Piero taking a backseat role.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I jeered the ref today today for giving us a Pen and celebrated the Lazio goal, WTF is that about :shifty:

This Juve gives me no emotion, all season long when we concede I show no emotion and when we take the lead my friends are like dude your team just scored but I show no emotion cos I no it won't last and im rarely proved wrong!

Same again today, DP went down far to easily and I cursed him knowing he would score and that would be the only way we would win this match.

Once Alex converted the Pen the commentator says "This Lazio team is set up not to concede today so they will have to TOTALLY change their tactics because this Lazio team has only scored 8 goals away from home this season.

Well Lazio changed their tactics and scored from open play within 8 minutes and thats when I applaudeed and says out loud "why not, why not".

If a change of coach can't make the players win then what will though I do expect Zaccheroni to take time to get to know the players but did expect the players to go for the win tonght!

May 4, 2004
It certainly is the Del Piero factor. Similar situation to what Raul is at Madrid but they dropped him and they look alot better. Sometimes as much as I like him this season he seems to be abit of a hinderance on the team. I'd rather see Giovinco starting now and Del Piero taking a backseat role.
We all love Del Piero, he is a legend! No doubt. But we need to move on and Gio or anyone els who can give more to the team should start.. Del Piero could be a super sub.. Time will tell if Zac got balls to bench DP!

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
That's basically what happened when Del Piero was injured, we just looked for the best formation with our players available. But yea.. Del Piero is our captain so from a new coach's point of view it's gonna be hard to just bench him.

I wonder what will happen when Gio and Camo are fully fit though.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Del Piero was benched many times under Ferrara but we still were not playing 4-2-3-1 even when it wasn't for him so I don't understand how his ego is the problem here.

It was Zac's first match as the coach. He couldn't play Giovinco after him being sidelined for a long while so we simply couldn't go for a 4-2-3-1. Did you want Paolucci to start ahead of Del Piero tonight?

It's not. We don't have better players than him upfront at the moment and hell he is even better than Amauri. More useful, a bigger threat to the opponent and a better player all in all. With Ferrara Alex was benched many times and we just switched to 4-4-1-1 with Amauri as the lone striker. It's definitely not playing Alex no matter what but it's lacking of more in form players than him on the bench right now.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's been a known fact for a long time now that we are shit on the wings, but tonight I realized it more. We need fullbacks and wingers asap. We can't expect much from two days of training with a new coach, although I would have introduced Giovinco on the 70th minute. Also Amauri was pretty decent today, especially in the first half.

Overall you could see the influence of a new coach. I'm expecting more improvement next game.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I don't want to be like that but we started sucking as soon as Ciro changed from the 4-2-3-1 back to the 4-3-1-2 and benched Giovinco for Del Piero when Ale came back from his injury. After that we've been awful. Ciro shouldn't have dropped the 4-2-3-1, for his own sake cuz if he gave that formation a bit more time he would have probably been here by now. Now his career is fucked.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Del Piero was benched many times under Ferrara but we still were not playing 4-2-3-1 even when it wasn't for him so I don't understand how his ego is the problem here.

It was Zac's first match as the coach. He couldn't play Giovinco after him being sidelined for a long while so we simply couldn't go for a 4-2-3-1. Did you want Paolucci to start ahead of Del Piero tonight?

It's not. We don't have better players than him upfront at the moment and hell he is even better than Amauri. More useful, a bigger threat to the opponent and a better player all in all. With Ferrara Alex was benched many times and we just switched to 4-4-1-1 with Amauri as the lone striker. It's definitely not playing Alex no matter what but it's lacking of more in form players than him on the bench right now.

We all know the 4-4-1-1 was Ferraras pussy attempts to hang onto draws. He used it as a last resort. When Giovinco is fit he should be starting no matter what at Del Pieros or at Amauris expense. He has been alot more effective for us in the game he has played in than both Del Piero and Amauri have.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Ciro never played 4-2-3-1 when Del Piero was benched cuz either Giovinco or Camoranesi were injured.

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
The team played alot better in terms of having the ball and trying to control the game, there is just no clarity when it comes to scoring, we should have score in many other ways apart from the PK. But it just keeps happening that everytime we are in front we slouch and start getting complacent.
Sissoko was the best player but you cant ask him to do everything especially not being technically gifted. DP could have been the worst player on the field but he invented that goal so a little credit, still I hate cheating players. Cannavaro was solid. But still, Lazio played terribly bad also.
Did not understand why change the defensive line so deep into the game, and putting grygera on the left, that was weird. I'm no that convinced with Giovinco being the next superplayer, but he can contribute alot to the team right now.
I hope the draw will pause the losing string and give us time to reagroup.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I don't think Zac will risk playing a player with Candreva's characteristics next to Melo, who would be our only DM. Candreva looked like somewhat of a pussy in duels and defensive work today if I'm honest.

Probably PDC-Melo-Candreva, in a 4-3-1-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)