[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 31st, 2010) (28 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
It's widely known that it never pays to defend a one-goal lead and it never hurts to sub a 34-year-old before 70 minutes for the sake of revitalizing the team. Evidently, Ferrara's mishaps do not indicate a need for tactical change.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
C mon guys be realistic, you didnt really expect from Loseroni, to change tactics within a day, didnt you? He barely even knows the first names of our players.

Hopefully this display have exposed our weakness to him and hopefully he actually can a clue about coaching and try smth to remedy our issues.

MOM was Sissoko by a long mile...

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I'm satisfied with a draw, even though it seems we deserved the win (I believe we played a good match) and luck was definitely not on our side, I am satisfied because its a step up from past matches - we played well, and atleast we got a point and leveled with Palermo. Did we take 5th place by the way? Anyways, its unfortunate we couldn't capitalize on Napoli drawing in their match. Next week we go against Livorno, Zacch is going to have a full week of training with the squad and we must claim 3 points.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
The only improvement I saw from this match is ball movement. Through out the majority of the game, we were passing the ball around exceptionally well and had excellent possession. The problem is none of this lead to any real chances. This has to change; chances need to be made and put away. In addition, our defense really needs to stop being so leaky.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Palermo, Bari and Juventus all have 34 points.
We are in 5th, Bari is in 6th and Palermo is in 7th.

We must, must win next week.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
a draw to a poor lazio team at home is never a good result, but we have to try to put this result in context...

We're coming of an unbelievably poor run of form, our players confidence is low and our new manager has only had 2 days to work with the team at his disposal.
I think we dominated the game today, and played pretty well... until we scored.

This is a mentality issue, and we've seen it happen so many times lately, we go a goal up, then instantaneously we dont know what to do with ourselves. We are too scared to keep pushing forward, because that might leave us exposed, and we are too worried about sitting back and inviting pressure. In the end what we do is a horrible and unorganised mix of both!

We all have to try and look at the positives, today we didn't lose, this is a game we would prob have lost last week. Rome wasn't built in a day. It was quite a good performance, but we absolutely HAVE to build on this now....

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Canavaro had one of his best games in Juve shirt this season imo. Candreva was impressive and definatly improves our midfield. Diego, Sissoko and Melo were our best players and although i didnt like Zachs subsitutions i think he has improved our play slightly. We moved the ball around alot better. Promising but very frustrating result.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Unfair result.

We did good for a change.
Something has changed in the game plan for sure.
Healing is in process. We cannot judge Zac's work in 3 days.
I agree. We controlled the match up until their goal. We played at a higher tempo (midfield line was much higher as well), with more movement and better passing. The players were actually trying for a change.

Our defense let us down though, again. They can't keep their concentration for 90 minutes. An otherwise solid defensive game falls apart right after we take the lead.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
One of the most boring matches I watched, even friendly games are played with more passion and determination.

We got non existant PK and Lazio equalised from their only real chance.

The sad thins is that we cannot score a goal in million years, and we couldn't manage to beat Lazio who came only to defend, the didn't even tried to attack us.

Still like many of you guys said, we just hired new coach, and we can expect visible changes in the coming weeks. ANd hey ta least we won a point :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)