[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 31st, 2010) (30 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I actually think Diego needs a rest because of the amount of games hes played this season but I really wanna see how he performs under a new coach.

I would also like to see Caceres play CB since his agent says hes the heir to Cannavaro.

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
I actually think Diego needs a rest because of the amount of games hes played this season but I really wanna see how he performs under a new coach.

I would also like to see Caceres play CB since his agent says hes the heir to Cannavaro.

Agree :tup:

Also im not blaming Diego but he was our main coup in the summer and our system/Formation was based around him. He hasnt really worked out for him so we should especially during our run of defeats should have gone back to Capello style with 4-4-2 with def mid and get width down both flanks. I know Camo and Gio have been injured but surely De Ceglie and Brazzo could do the job. Be interesting if Zacchroni will use his 3man defence? Any info on formation yet or is Zacc keeping his cards close to his chest?

Jun 20, 2009
Candreva - Melo - Sissoko
Diego - Giovinco
Amauri​
IMO this is a very good attacking line indeed but I think there is no way that Zach will drop Del Piero on his first match. This first match is very important to boost the morale of the whole team and we need our captain on the pitch for that purpose. Probably he would still adopt the 4-3-1-2 we used recently

Manninger
Caceres - Legrottaglie/Canna - Chiellini - Grygera
Candreva - Sissoko - Melo
Diego
Amauri - Del Piero
Chaing formation is the last thing we need at this moment. Or may be he would use a 4-4-2 with Diego and Candreva on the wings but that is less likely IMO.

I would love to see Giovinco in the starting line up to add some creative spark and widths but he has just come back from injury and might not have 90min fitness yet.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Agree :tup:

Also im not blaming Diego but he was our main coup in the summer and our system/Formation was based around him. He hasnt really worked out for him so we should especially during our run of defeats should have gone back to Capello style with 4-4-2 with def mid and get width down both flanks. I know Camo and Gio have been injured but surely De Ceglie and Brazzo could do the job. Be interesting if Zacchroni will use his 3man defence? Any info on formation yet or is Zacc keeping his cards close to his chest?
I don't agree. Diego wasn't the coup, Ciro was. It was Ciro who decided to base the formation around Diego, surrounding him with little support.

The only positive that comes with the 4-4-2 is that we'll concede much less mainly because of the Melo - Sissoko partnership but goals are what wins games. Diego won't work well in the 4 man midfield as well but even if we play him behind a lone striker her still lacks support even more so without an attacking center mid.
If we can come to any conclusion about Diego so far this season its that support from other attacking midfielders is what will bring the best out of him.

Unfortuanately De Ceglie and Brazzo are both rubbish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)