[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Genoa [October 20th, 2018] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Not one of those excruciating draws. This team didn't need the additional motivation or skills tonight, they were doing everything right.

All the guys were very enthusiastic and often enjoying the way they were playing.

Actually, they were so enthusiastic during the first 60-70 minutes that when they had to respond to the Geona's goal (which was a result of a really weird situation and the confusion of CBs is quite understandable), they simply had no energy left. That's why the ending of the game was so frustrating. This plus an awful shape of Douglas Costa, who wasted so much team movement.

Otherwise tonight's performance was pretty decent, especially with the UCL game in minds.

It's also worth mentioning that Bentancur was excellent tonight.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
What a shiitty performance..absolutely no fluidity,Cuads,Sandro,Bentancur,Pjanic, all disappointing.. very boring and didnt look like we wanted the win..
Agree there was not much fluidity. Thats a general problem under Allegri. Despite those world class players on every position, we are not super good at creating open chances. We still have more than enough to score our goals so far though, except when we miss a lot like today too.

Cuadrado receives a lot of shit and is generally underappreciated as he often has some frustrating as fuck decisions that stands out. Today was not his best, but he was definitely one of our okay performers. Had an impressive 100% pass accuracy, lots of key passes and could again easily have had a couple of assists had we been sharper. He usually is our most accurate passer, despite being high up the field. But he is also more conservative and held back in his play than he used to, as we now have speedsters like Costa and Cancelo.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Genova's goal was a clear example of how we switched off. Benatia didn't even chase their attacker to the corner flag, presuming it was out. He managed to whip in a good cross and both bonucci and, i hate to say, cancelo, were both asleep. It was a gifted goal for them. Tbh we deserved it as it was a wake up call. Hopefully allegri isnt stupid enough to do this at Old Trafford

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yet Max keeps playing him. Wonder why that is.
because of his passing. our possession does click better when he's on the pitch. still, those defensive blackouts... max probably thinks that bonbon has to play in order to get back into top form, even if it might cost us on the short term. i'm still reluctant to judge bonucci, it's too early into the season, i just hope that it's not the real bonucci yet.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
because of his passing. our possession does click better when he's on the pitch. still, those defensive blackouts... max probably thinks that bonbon has to play in order to get back into top form, even if it might cost us on the short term. i'm still reluctant to judge bonucci, it's too early into the season, i just hope that it's not the real bonucci yet.
You telling me he's not having a good season so far?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Genova's goal was a clear example of how we switched off. Benatia didn't even chase their attacker to the corner flag, presuming it was out. He managed to whip in a good cross and both bonucci and, i hate to say, cancelo, were both asleep. It was a gifted goal for them. Tbh we deserved it as it was a wake up call. Hopefully allegri isnt stupid enough to do this at Old Trafford
Not stupid enough to do what? Morph into Bonucci's, Cancelo's, and Benatia's (who won't even be playing) heads?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Ronaldo scores his what, 400th career goal in all leagues?...and someone calls him the worst finisher they've ever seen.

I've heard it all now. :tup:
emotion of the moment!

He’s amazing, and his quality is about getting in goal scoring positions but his conversion ratio is incredibly frustrating - I’d love to know how many shots he’s taken. Pretty sure his conversion rate is around the 5-10% area. It’ll improve as he sharpens up but he could have had 4 today and put the game to bed and it’s so frustrating when we don’t walk away with 3 points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)