[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Genoa [October 20th, 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #208
    emotion of the moment!

He’s amazing, and his quality is about getting in goal scoring positions but his conversion ratio is incredibly frustrating - I’d love to know how many shots he’s taken. Pretty sure his conversion rate is around the 5-10% area. It’ll improve as he sharpens up but he could have had 4 today and put the game to bed and it’s so frustrating when we don’t walk away with 3 points
    Well he has hit the post more than anyone on the team so far :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Are you at the game?
    I was yeah, a few seats from the away section. It filled up in the end and they made a fair bit of noise, usual away support.

First half I thought we'd grab a couple and that would be that, but once the second goal didn't come you could sense that this was a game we risked dropping points in...it always is anyway when you play this fixture after internationals and before CL. One example was Cancelo who went from unbelievable to pretty mediocre in the space of 45 mins. Completely ran out of steam tbh. Costa just ran his own ass when he came on. A few were out of ideas and probably energy. Couple that with Genoa being very compact and having two outlets up front and we risked losing points. It happens, we've seen it all before. The goal conceded was farcical though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    My worst player was also Bentancur. He looked a step off the pace of the game. Cuadrado had another typically useless game as well, as far as this season goes (and at least a third of his career). Watching him up close you appreciate more how terrible his decision making is, but he wasn't the only one trying to be clever.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
    I was yeah, a few seats from the away section. It filled up in the end and they made a fair bit of noise, usual away support.

First half I thought we'd grab a couple and that would be that, but once the second goal didn't come you could sense that this was a game we risked dropping points in...it always is anyway when you play this fixture after internationals and before CL. One example was Cancelo who went from unbelievable to pretty mediocre in the space of 45 mins. Completely ran out of steam tbh. Costa just ran his own ass when he came on. A few were out of ideas and probably energy. Couple that with Genoa being very compact and having two outlets up front and we risked losing points. It happens, we've seen it all before. The goal conceded was farcical though.
    Ye totally felt it as well.
    It was around minute 55 I was watching tv saying "how much till the end?" or "this game is taking forever"
    I blame it on mentality. We scored early and then we kinda sit down slowing up tempo and not producing much to score.
    And as always get into a shitty situation. None goes to defend cause everyone thinks it's a corner but the ball takes a weird hit on the ground and instead of going out stays in and voilà obviously the ball pass through our entire defence perfectly for that guy head.
    Obviously.

After that we started playing again but with poor results.
    Always missing the net for 20-30centimeters.
    I thought "the fuck is there a magnet attracting our shoots out?!?" wouldn't go in.

Sadly we can be as strong as we wants but if a team sit down and counter attack we're bound to have some hard time scoring.
    Since we miss goals our team goes forward and we get on the weak side for guests counters.

I know many of you think I'm crazy. But that's exactly why I want a new manager bringing in new mentality or game style.

- - - Updated - - -

My worst player was also Bentancur. He looked a step off the pace of the game. Cuadrado had another typically useless game as well, as far as this season goes (and at least a third of his career). Watching him up close you appreciate more how terrible his decision making is, but he wasn't the only one trying to be clever.
    I found annoying Douglas Costa in the last 10mins wasting chances cause he throw himself the ball away to run past defender and failing to get it back before getting out of the line.
    I didn't understand why we went with Bentancur instead of Can and why Cuadrado.
    Playing Cuadrado made me feels like Allegri thought : "Ok this is a easy game let in those who played less and make them happy."

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    I didn't understand why we went with Bentancur instead of Can and why Cuadrado.
    Playing Cuadrado made me feels like Allegri thought : "Ok this is a easy game let in those who played less and make them happy."
    Because Utd was in a few days, and Berna and Can played int'ls. And because we only have 4 fit mids for 3 positions.

You were prolly one of those who thought Kean should start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)