[Serie A] Juventus 1 - 1 Fiorentina, Saturday Oct 17th, 2009 (17 Viewers)

Juve - Fiorentina : Matchday 8 - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Diego

• Iaquinta

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• De Ceglie

• Trezeguet

• Ferrara

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Vinman, I appreciate that you take the time to write entertaining reviews and I agree with you on many points, but it's hard to take them seriously when certain players are always treated the same regardless of their actual performance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Buffon had nothing to do
Traitor was great
Chiellini was awesome
Grygera was average
Grosso was crap
Melo was OK
Poulsen was great :surprised:
Momo was active
Diego was alone
Iaquinta was horrendous
Amauri was OK

Jan 7, 2004
you know that vargas goal could end up saving juventus. i hadn't seen such an active team for the next 20 mins after the goal in a long time. better finishing and a human opponent golie (frey had some great saves) and we could have won this.

all of you blaming ferrara must realize he would get the blame for this no matter what. 3 options:
-keep the same meaning diego and maybe put in camo and trezeguet (with camo there in the 4-3-3 that would have made us more vulnerable in the flanks)
-replace diego with giovinco (again, the issues with camo) and put in trezeguet
-switch to 4-4-2 with left winger and camo and trezeguet

To mr.Vinman, clearly he was in the process of switching formations when he put in de ceglie and he didn't go for the draw

ferrara made the sensible choice here, this is the kind of change where if it works out the manager is hailed as a genius.

what we need is to have diego carry the team again, like before his injury.

and the forwards played reasobaly well, although i still have no idea why their shots are soooo weak

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How is putting DC on and switching to the straight 4-4-2 "genius"? It was clearly negative football when Giovinco remains on the bench, adding a player that would just be another body out there who can run, and nothing else. And yet Viola still was able to mount attacks on that side of the flank even with DC in there.

At home, this is unacceptable.

And Vinni, come on man, why is it that all the Azzurri players always get the good ratings from you?

Jan 7, 2004
because if he had put in giovinco and he had done nothing eveyone would have said "well, giovinco doing nothing, i could have told you that" and the way he has played recently, you know.

and if he had kept diego everyone would have complained that ferrara did nothing. sometimes a change in formation is all you need.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How is putting DC on and switching to the straight 4-4-2 "genius"? It was clearly negative football when Giovinco remains on the bench, adding a player that would just be another body out there who can run, and nothing else. And yet Viola still was able to mount attacks on that side of the flank even with DC in there.

At home, this is unacceptable.

And Vinni, come on man, why is it that all the Azzurri players always get the good ratings from you?

Don't you love it when you can answer your own questions :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This team is a slow team.

Aside form Diego, there is very little pace on this squad.

Teams are literally running circles around them. Hustle and determination can sometimes makeup for a lack of pace, but not all the time.

having basically 3 DM's in the midfield on Saturday was basically "asking for it".

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
having basically 3 DM's in the midfield on Saturday was basically "asking for it".
Exactly. It's also problematic when you have one DM who passes the ball like my mother and another who usually passes the ball like my 58 year-old father. Three DM's won't work anyway when our flank play is so poor considering we don't have classy fullbacks.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Exactly. It's also problematic when you have one DM who passes the ball like my mother and another who usually passes the ball like my 58 year-old father. Three DM's won't work anyway when our flank play is so poor considering we don't have classy fullbacks.

Obviously something isn't working. There is no chemistry whatsoever.

But what do you do?? You can't afford to take Diego out of the lineup, he's still their best player aside from Buffon.

Therefore you can't put him into a 4-4-2, or a 4-3-3.

Hell, at this point I would try a 4-3-2-1 with diego and giovinco supporting trezeguet upfront.

Let's be honest. At this point having Iaquinta and Amauri running around out there is not doing anybody any good. Let Diego and Giovinco do the running around, park Trez's ass in the box, and let him do what he does best.

I just can't think of anything better right now, and I don't know how much Del Piero's return will help. This isn't a knock against him, I just..................................................................:sergio:

They are 3 points ahead of Milan. The same Milan who are a constant runnign joke for the past 8 weeks

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What's the worst that can happen? They can't play much worse than they are right now.

Is it me or are Iaquinta and Amauri playing far too wide?
They don't appear to work well in tandem. And when they do, they can't finish their own chances.

Oh, and if people are worried that having Trezeguet alone up tops means playing with ten men, ask your buddies what good they have done missing several chances every match this season.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
he sould have realized it 3/4 games ago.

Those pair (Amuari/ IQ) are atrocious. a blind man could have noticed it by now.

I'm starting to loose my patince with Ciro. It dosent look promesing so far, if he keeps being stubborn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)