[Serie A] Juventus 1 - 1 Fiorentina, Saturday Oct 17th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Juve - Fiorentina : Matchday 8 - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Diego

• Iaquinta

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• De Ceglie

• Trezeguet

• Ferrara

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Frey felt “hatred” towards Juve
Monday 12 October, 2009
Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastien Frey has started a war of words with Juventus ahead of this weekend's match by bringing up Calciopoli.

Speaking to Il Corriere Fiorentino, the 29-year-old recalled his time at Parma, saying he shared his team-mates suspicions of Juventus.

The Bianconeri were relegated to Serie B in 2006 after Luciano Moggi, the club's then director general, was found to have influenced referees.

Juventus were stripped of two Scudetti and are only just regaining their place at the top of the Italian game, having had to sell several star names.

Asked if he ever felt any anti-Juventus sentiment, Frey replied: “I have experienced that too, particularly while I was at Parma. There were a few decisions against us that were so glaring that one had to ask; how is that possible. No wonder Calciopoli came along…

“A 'sporting hatred' towards Juve had justifiably emerged across the whole of Italy. They had a great team back then and would have probably won anyway.”

Turning his attention to this weekend's fixture, Frey rejected reports of a crisis at Juventus.

The Bianconeri are without a win in their last four games in all competitions and now sit just a point above fourth placed Fiorentina.

“I think they are a great team to face and it will be a beautiful game to watch, but it is a special clash for Florence and whoever wears the Fiorentina shirt knows that.

“We will find a determined and concentrated side. They too know it is a special game with Fiorentina and will prepare for it in a special way, just like us,” Frey concluded.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
well of course, they are all the same....and when they are linked to us " geez, it would be an honour to play to juventus...i have respect for i donno who...it's every players dream..bla bla"

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i'm not saying him in particular mark cuz we don't need him..but the other players in general :)... In another order of ideas, we'll play saturday with: buffon- grosso, chiellini, canna, zebina- camo, melo, sissoko-diego-iq,trez ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)