[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Chievo (March 3rd 2012) (9 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Licht

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Padoin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's still a kid and I'd trust Marchisio over Marrone in a defensive role. Plus, I think Marrone has what it takes to play closer to the box, anyways, that's what Conte did this season, didn't he?

Zach v2.0.
Nah they dont have the same characteristics, Marrone is more of a holding mid, better of playing deeper and simple, keep things flowing, he is physical and decent passer who operates in similar zone (not role) as Pirlo (look how often he is very close to Pirlo in this clip, gravitates to his natural zone), getting ball from defenders or keeping it basic and looking for some deep balls to make. Basically how he played vs Roma in this vid. Marchisio is better off playing further up then him, not same box to box player, even if Marrone can occasionally move up with some attacks, he is more comfortable in holding role (while Marchisio more moves up with the ball, Marrone rarely does):

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He plays that EXACT role in the Azzurrini games I seen, strictly the holding mid role. If you want point of reference, exactly the same role and way Van Bommel does for Milan.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
He's still a kid and I'd trust Marchisio over Marrone in a defensive role. Plus, I think Marrone has what it takes to play closer to the box, anyways, that's what Conte did this season, didn't he?

Zach v2.0.

he played , marchisio style the game he gave the assist
in the first game of coppa he played at pirlos place , noone seems to remember that
and he plays at marchisios role because you just can't bench pirlo , but that doesn't mean that is his position

---------- Post added 26.02.2012 at 19:43 ----------

He plays that EXACT role in the Azzurrini games I seen, strictly the holding mid role. If you want point of reference, exactly the same role and way Van Bommel does for Milan.
exatly what i am trying to say

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
he played , marchisio style the game he gave the assist
in the first game of coppa he played at pirlos place , noone seems to remember that
and he plays at marchisios role because you just can't bench pirlo , but that doesn't mean that is his position
Okay and he did pretty well. So my point is valid.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
fuck it the more i see muntari vs lisch video the more i want to punch him
FUCK YOU MUNTARI
it would be a fucking shame if he doesn't get at least a 5 match ban

May 22, 2007
Like I said, Marrone has some similar qualities to Marchisio, but doesn't play in the same style. I wouldn't see them as direct replacements for each other, but I think either could play in the same role in the team. The biggest difference being that Marchisio carries possession forward more often and dribbles, while Marrone usually looks to make the pass and keep the ball flowing (which is not to say that he doesn't make runs forward, he often hovers around the edge of the area waiting for anything to fall to him).

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I never said he was a Marchisio type of player, ffs.
he can play at marchisios role , but that is not his position
it is better to play both of them in their positions so they are at their full potential
you are saying to put 2 players in positions that are not theirs and expect to get better resulst than play them in their natural positions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)