[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (34 Viewers)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #661
    Elia, DP, or Quag would have been able to do the same thing. Pepe doesn't give us ANYTHING that those 3 can't. Simple as that.
    To me, it's pretty clear why Pepe is always starting and will always play. Conte is a defensive coach, that's the reason.

I don't really understand why not play attacking football against less tactical and powerful teams? It's not like we always need 3CM/DM. It's like it's not enough we have Marchisio-Vidal who are defensive players, Conte also fields another one and that's Pepe. We're not playing Real Madrid or Manchester, sometimes you just HAVE to play offensive game against average teams.

Elia, Del Piero, Quag are badly in-need of confidence. You can't win the title with the same 11 players. Even if you're not playing the CL.

Buy on AliExpress.com

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    The 4-3-3 hasn't been creating for a long time. I really do think that a change in tactics is in order, something that will create a bit of space because we're playing constantly in congestion. I think trying the 4-2-4 again would be best.
    Or we lack another quality CM. rotate them each week and put the best 3 in line-up and our 4-3-3 will start clicking again.
    Feels like our midfield three are too sure of their starting position.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    That's what happens when you don't kill the game with a second goal, we steal points away from ourselves.
    If this was the first game where we showed this, I wouldn't have said anything.

The problem is that it's been a major fact in most of or matches we've played so far, and it's the coach's fault.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Guys, we did create enough 100% chances to win this game, in addition to some other good chances.

From the top of my head:
    - the goal
    - Vucinic's cross from the left found an open Pepe in the box. Pepe had time to choose where to head the ball but it was a bad header, easily saved.
    - Del Piero's open header
    - Vucinic from the left side blasted it wide from 3 meters.
    - Krasic open shot
    - Vidal's header in the end.

With the exception of Vidal's and Vucinic's chance, we created four 100% chances and we only converted one. We had enough chances so the blame is more on our converting rate than our creativity.
    We did, on paper, create enough chances. But 5 100% chances over the course of 95min. with 70% possession doesn't cut it either. We had alot of attacks where everyone just stood still, often passing it back to Bonucci when they realise that no one is moving. We looked much more lively in the beginning of the season..

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    To me, it's pretty clear why Pepe is always starting and will always play. Conte is a defensive coach, that's the reason.

I don't really understand why not play attacking football against less tactical and powerful teams? It's not like we always need 3CM/DM. It's like it's not enough we have Marchisio-Vidal who are defensive players, Conte also fields another one and that's Pepe. We're not playing Real Madrid or Manchester, sometimes you just HAVE to play offensive game against average teams.

Elia, Del Piero, Quag are badly in-need of confidence. You can't win the title with the same 11 players. Even if you're not playing the CL.
    totally agree with you Rab

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    We did, on paper, create enough chances. But 5 100% chances over the course of 95min. with 70% possession doesn't cut it either. We had alot of attacks where everyone just stood still, often passing it back to Bonucci when they realise that no one is moving. We looked much more lively in the beginning of the season..
    Correct, we haven't looked lively for some time.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

I agree he is a defensive coach, but that doesn't excuse him continuing to play with Pepe.

Mirko tracks back when necessary to help out in defense, I really don't see why Elia/Quag, for example wouldn't do the same.

Pepe offered nothing today offensively OR defensively.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
    I wouldn't mind using the same players every game if we were actually doing great but we have been drawing way too many games against lesser sides now. Maybe if we actually lost a game and got rid of this "still undefeated" mentality we would see some variety.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Guys, we did create enough 100% chances to win this game, in addition to some other good chances.

From the top of my head:
    - the goal
    - Vucinic's cross from the left found an open Pepe in the box. Pepe had time to choose where to head the ball but it was a bad header, easily saved.
    - Del Piero's open header
    - Vucinic from the left side blasted it wide from 3 meters.
    - Krasic open shot
    - Vidal's header in the end.

With the exception of Vidal's and Vucinic's chance, we created four 100% chances and we only converted one. We had enough chances so the blame is more on our converting rate than our creativity.
    I would say Pepe and Alex were the trly 100% chance, and maybe even the Krasic one.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Pepe offered nothing today offensively OR defensively.
    Except for the fact that he created our only goal with his flick. This is what is so frustrating about Pepe, most games he is terrible 95% of the time, and then he creates something which makes it boarderline impossible to justify not putting him on the pitch again.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    He had 3 draws buddy, and all along you're saying rubbish like "if you don't like draws then Serie A is not for you"

You're a contradictory child
    serie a is serie a

but if you outclass it by that extreme degree...

juve and milan were miles ahead of the rest of the serie a that time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)