[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (90 Viewers)

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Antonio Conte has submitted his squad for tomorrow afternoon’s meeting with Cagliari. The manager named his selection following the team’s final training session in Vinovo.

Giorgio Chiellini serves a one-match ban after picking up his fourth yellow card of the season against Lecce, while Emanuele Giaccherini misses out with a back strain. Marco Borriello is included for the first time since his loan arrival from Roma.

The full squad to face the Rossoblu is as follows:

1 Buffon
5 Pazienza
7 Pepe
8 Marchisio
10 Del Piero
11 De Ceglie
13 Manninger
14 Vucinic
15 Barzagli
17 Elia
19 Bonucci
21 Pirlo
22 Vidal
23 Borriello
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Krasic
28 Estigarribia
30 Storari
32 Matri
33 Sorensen
34 Marrone

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Can't remember but I'm sure it wasn't because of his back.

And Borriello :shocked:
Can't say I'm surprised though. Borriello is a hardworker and Conte loves that more than anything else.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Conte:
The booking picked up by Giorgio Chiellini at the Via del Mare will see the defender sit out this weekend’s encounter through suspension. While confirming Paolo De Ceglie will step in at left-back, the manager emphasised that there are other potential defensive options.

“It’s inevitable that I’ll work on alternatives,” he commented. “Estigarribia has less defensive abilities than Paolo, but is more capable going forward. During the game, when we come up against teams who put men behind the ball, we could experiment with new solutions to look to stretch opposition defences even more - I’d use Marcelo for this.”

Conte concluded by commenting on the fitness of new signing Marco Borriello. “It’s the first week that Marco’s been training with us. He needs to work because his physical condition is not up to the level of the others, and he requires time to achieve this. I still haven’t decided whether to include him in the squad for tomorrow’s game.”
I like it :)! I've been saying that for ages, we need an offensive left back when we play smaller teams who defend the whole game.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Conte:

I like it :)! I've been saying that for ages, we need an offensive left back when we play smaller teams who defend the whole game.
Not really. I think having a more defensive orientated left back is more benificious for our midfield since Vidal and Marchisio do make a lot of runs forward and Pirlo playing infront of the CB's is quite risky at times.

But for this match it would be wiser to use DC regardless. You'll need Vidal to mark Cossu out of the game mainly.

I've seen Esti play as a fullback in Dubai and it was awful. I would prefer De Ceglie.

It's going to be a tough match for us. Fuck Cagliari.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Not really. I think having a more defensive orientated left back is more benificious for our midfield since Vidal and Marchisio do make a lot of runs forward and Pirlo playing infront of the CB's is quite risky at times.

But for this match it would be wiser to use DC regardless. You'll need Vidal to mark Cossu out of the game mainly.

I've seen Esti play as a fullback in Dubai and it was awful. I would prefer De Ceglie.

It's going to be a tough match for us. Fuck Cagliari.
Good point i haven't seen Esti play at LB yet. I was referring to the previous posts where i preferred DC to Chiellini vs smaller sides.

Aug 1, 2003
I too will be rooting for DC to start, hes not entirely awful going forward (decent crosses too) but in any case a defender's main duty is to DEFEND...

hope to see Ale to feature some time...

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Antonio Conte has submitted his squad for tomorrow afternoon’s meeting with Cagliari. The manager named his selection following the team’s final training session in Vinovo.

Giorgio Chiellini serves a one-match ban after picking up his fourth yellow card of the season against Lecce, while Emanuele Giaccherini misses out with a back strain. Marco Borriello is included for the first time since his loan arrival from Roma.

The full squad to face the Rossoblu is as follows:

1 Buffon
5 Pazienza
7 Pepe
8 Marchisio
10 Del Piero
11 De Ceglie
13 Manninger
14 Vucinic
15 Barzagli
17 Elia
19 Bonucci
21 Pirlo
22 Vidal
23 Borriello
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Krasic
28 Estigarribia
30 Storari
32 Matri
33 Sorensen
34 Marrone
:confused2 Didnt he go to Bologna???

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I dont think we'll sell Freddy unless it is 100% sure that Caceres will be signed.

Else Marotta should be shot dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)