[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bologna Sept. 27th 2009 (71 Viewers)

Juve - Bologna [Matchday 6] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Zebina

• Legrottaglie

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Diego

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Carceres

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Ferrara

• Cannavaro

• Pazzini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Ciro Ferrara admits Juventus “gave away too much” when held to a 1-1 home draw by Bologna today, ending their time at the top.

“Bologna caused us some problems and we can certainly improve in many different areas,” said the Coach.

“We gave away too much. Perhaps I introduced too many players from the start who had returned from injury lay-offs.”

David Trezeguet had given the Bianconeri a first half lead, but in stoppages Martins Adailton snatched the equaliser.

“At times we were too open and didn't track back as quickly or effectively as we were supposed to,” continued Ferrara.

“Juventus are a team that try to attack at all times, but clearly we need to improve in defence. We also don't make the most of it when we're in possession, as we can be too frenetic.”

Gianluigi Buffon performed more heroics before the last-gasp goal and the Coach admits his goalkeeper is over-worked.

“We must try to make life easier for him by making sure there are less shots coming in.”

The result means that Sampdoria are now alone on top of the table with 15 points, while Juventus are ahead of Inter and Fiorentina.

------------

That's the problem. He started with both unfit Diego and Zebina, and had to take them off, for that reason he couldn't take off Amauri and Molinaro earlier..

Zebina looked the sharpest out there though. Could have managed the 90 minutes maybe?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I'm not sure I agree with that last part. Tactically, taking Diego off had a very positive impact for Juventus offensively and defensively. Giovinco helped keep possession for longer periods of time and in fact, the only chance Bologna were able to conjure up after Diego was substituted was the goal in the dying seconds.
Ferrara's only mistake today was playng Molinaro. I think De Ceglie should have gotten the go ahead instead, although he isn't very solid defensively either. But at least he might have delivered a half decent cross that might have finished off the game.

I don't hold Ferrara accountable on the grounds of the substitutions he made.
Only chance?
Skip to 1:47 and watch.

I stand correct.
Amauri should have been brought of earlier, and we lost momentum in midfield since Bologna didnt have to man mark Diego anymore.

I am not putting much blame on Giovinco. My point is that we lost the balance. Diego played in center, deep. Gio was playing up left side.
Ciro should have done double substitution, Gio for Diego, and Amauri off for Poulsen or another midfielder.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what a terrible performance. This is 100% Ciro's fault. I was watching Liverpool yesterday and man what a performance they put in! these guys raped some team 6-1. Even in the last 15 minutes when they were leading 4-1, they never stopped attacking or scoring until the final whistle. That's how lions should perform. Leading 1-0 only and deciding to relax back fires quite often.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
what a terrible performance. This is 100% Ciro's fault. I was watching Liverpool yesterday and man what a performance they put in! these guys raped some team 6-1. Even in the last 15 minutes when they were leading 4-1, they never stopped attacking or scoring until the final whistle. That's how lions should perform. Leading 1-0 only and deciding to relax back fires quite often.
thats EPL football you are talking about man.....in EPL...the defence is so loose compared to italian football.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Anyway......im sure that we all agree that Ciro has a much better attitude than Ruinieri. Ciro admitted that he made some bad choices today. If it was Ruinieri, he would have just blamed the players with something like "oh, some of the players are yet to get back to full fitness and some are still blending in."

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Positivies :

1- Il Capitano is back.
2- Chiellini is a beast what a goal line clereance save wow is he human???
3- TrezGOAL is starting to catch some form having a great sense of where the ball will be in the box.
4- We didn't make a mistake buy buying Grosso cause Molinaro is shit.
5- Melo no yellow card :D

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Fuckin Molinaro! I usually don't blame single players for a defeat but Fuck him! I'm still fuming over a chance to be in first place and open a gap over Inter that Molinaro just throws away. This is so reminiscent of last year under the stinkerman. This clown should be sold or given away for free asap, I don't care as long as he's not on the Juve roster. He has no business on the field for Juve in fact the line for LB choices should be Grosso, DC, Sali, Ariuado, move Chiellini to LB, give up fielding wing backs and play a 3-5-2. At least Ciro isn't going to accept this, he's no Ranieri who will just make excuses and claim how important a point is, Forza Ciro!
Yes.. we have so plenty players that can play as LB. Ariaudo has been tried at LB in U21 NT, Caceres also play as LB in Uruguay NT.. I hope this is the last game i see Moli play for us then

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
You can say that, but I rather Ciro commits this mistake now than in the later 3 games where Juventus will be facing tougher opponents. They r definitely not a walk in the park. Since only Fiorentina is the only top team that showed a positive results, things are not as bad as it seems. I will like to give praise for Trez. I think in this game he played like a lion and even tackled the Bologna players to win the ball back. And most important of all, he scored. This gives me a refreshing feeling

Having said that Bayern Munich is the next opponents, and with so many strong wingers in the team, Juventus better gives a top notch performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)