[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bologna Sept. 27th 2009 (5 Viewers)

Juve - Bologna [Matchday 6] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Zebina

• Legrottaglie

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Diego

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Carceres

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Ferrara

• Cannavaro

• Pazzini

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
We haven't played a "good" game since Roma, IMO. Of course, there were fewer injuries to contend with then, but...
I think we also did well against Genoa despite the result.

As for today, it's really hard to point the finger at someone although the marking was very poor against Bologna before they got their equalizer. To be honest, despite throwing game in the dying seconds, Juve really did not deserve to win that game. We were beaten by Bologna, quite simply got our asses handed to us by a third rate squad.

We don't lack quality, at least that much is evident. It seemed we lacked the right mentality, and especially after Trez's goal. We started off rather brightly but as the game wore on, we seemed determined to keep the game at 1-0 rather than finish the game off. I don't know why the boys did not put in the extra effort. Perhaps they were too distracted by the Bayern game.

Inter's defeat did help us a lot though, it gave us some breathing space and going a point ahead is always more positive than nothing. It does give me comfort that with such a shambelous and disgusting performance, we still managed to somehow benefit from this weekend's games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You can say whatever one likes in analyzing it, but simply put, the attitude in 2nd half was disgustingly poor, talk about clueless arrogance, to think you can just win by being on the pitch, but doing little else.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You can say whatever one likes in analyzing it, but simply put, the attitude in 2nd half was disgustingly poor, talk about clueless arrogance, to think you can just win by being on the pitch, but doing little else.
That is exactly how we were in the second half, on the pitch doing nothing and it was a well deserved goal that Bologna put, even more that it went in so late in the game so we won't react to it. I hope we learn the first rule in the book that you have to sweat to win something.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
What is worrying is that some say that this bad performance in second half was mainly because of upcoming CL game. The thing is, we are heading for just our 2nd CL game. We have loads of CL games ahead. We talk about how our squad is big enough to fight in many fronts, but well the mentality clearly isnt. And i think its something to really think about.

What if we dont gain any points at Munich? Then what? All the "sacrifices" (Zebina off, DP late late on, Diego off early) will come back hunt us.

Lot to think about. Hopefully Ciro learns from this.

I still think we lost this match mainly cause DP was brought on too late, and Amauri played so long. Diego brining off was understandable considering his injury problems and the Munich game ahead. But we lost balance in midfield, since Gio was playing more forward, Diego played deep. But after Diego was gone, Bologna had no one to man mark, and with their new fresh subs, took the control of the midfield and attack.

Jun 13, 2007
What is worrying is that some say that this bad performance in second half was mainly because of upcoming CL game. The thing is, we are heading for just our 2nd CL game. We have loads of CL games ahead. We talk about how our squad is big enough to fight in many fronts, but well the mentality clearly isnt. And i think its something to really think about.

What if we dont gain any points at Munich? Then what? All the "sacrifices" (Zebina off, DP late late on, Diego off early) will come back hunt us.

Lot to think about. Hopefully Ciro learns from this.

I still think we lost this match mainly cause DP was brought on too late, and Amauri played so long. Diego brining off was understandable considering his injury problems and the Munich game ahead. But we lost balance in midfield, since Gio was playing more forward, Diego played deep. But after Diego was gone, Bologna had no one to man mark, and with their new fresh subs, took the control of the midfield and attack.

I'm not sure I agree with that last part. Tactically, taking Diego off had a very positive impact for Juventus offensively and defensively. Giovinco helped keep possession for longer periods of time and in fact, the only chance Bologna were able to conjure up after Diego was substituted was the goal in the dying seconds.
Ferrara's only mistake today was playng Molinaro. I think De Ceglie should have gotten the go ahead instead, although he isn't very solid defensively either. But at least he might have delivered a half decent cross that might have finished off the game.

I don't hold Ferrara accountable on the grounds of the substitutions he made.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Ciro Ferrara admits Juventus “gave away too much” when held to a 1-1 home draw by Bologna today, ending their time at the top.

“Bologna caused us some problems and we can certainly improve in many different areas,” said the Coach.

“We gave away too much. Perhaps I introduced too many players from the start who had returned from injury lay-offs.”

David Trezeguet had given the Bianconeri a first half lead, but in stoppages Martins Adailton snatched the equaliser.

“At times we were too open and didn't track back as quickly or effectively as we were supposed to,” continued Ferrara.

“Juventus are a team that try to attack at all times, but clearly we need to improve in defence. We also don't make the most of it when we're in possession, as we can be too frenetic.”

Gianluigi Buffon performed more heroics before the last-gasp goal and the Coach admits his goalkeeper is over-worked.

“We must try to make life easier for him by making sure there are less shots coming in.”

The result means that Sampdoria are now alone on top of the table with 15 points, while Juventus are ahead of Inter and Fiorentina.

------------

That's the problem. He started with both unfit Diego and Zebina, and had to take them off, for that reason he couldn't take off Amauri and Molinaro earlier..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)