[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Torino (Feb. 23rd 2014) (19 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Light

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorete

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
I was at the JS last night and these are my impressions about some of the referees decisions:
1) first yellow on Vidal was more than harsh; a honest challenge in midfield, no danger to the player, not a goal scoring opportunity. First foul of the game.
2) Penalty on Llorente was pretty obvious from whatever angle you look at it; very dangerous position to score, gets dragged down to the ground.
3) around the end of the first half, Pasquale, already booked, makes a hard challenge on Tevez near the penalty box. Rizzoli puts his hand in the pocket and runs towards him with the clear intention of booking him again; gets surrounded by Turin players who remind him he had already booked, Rizzoli puts yellow card back in his pocket
4) Penalty on El Kebab: at the Stadium we all knew he was going to dive even before the contact; should have been a penalty but his triple mortal back jump was so exagerated that the ref focused on the theatrics rather then on the actual foul.
5) Second yellow on Vidal: see point 1.
Overall, the 5 judges made a lot of mistakes last night, some big, some smaller (couple of pk's denied to us just outside the box, twice ball clearly out for Toro but allowed to play on) but I cannot see how Ventura can blame it on the officials and not on his team then even when it was down one goal was still defending with 11 players jamming their own box.
We are struggling more and more in the last 20/30 minutes of each game we played since the new year and that is worrying as we have not started to play 3 times a week on a regular basis. Unfortunately most of our subs are not up to the task. especially in defense.
Let's focus on Trabzonspor but the game in Milan can be very very tricky. I would rest Tevez and Pogba if I was Conte.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
El khawhateva juiced it to the extreme, but it was also obvious that Pirlo clipped his feet.
Also, I think the Vidal yellow was harsh, it was his first serious tackle, let alone his first foul of the game.
There was a touch but it's very debatable as to whether it would have taken him down. At speed it certainly can do, any little touch can make you lose footing, but El Kaddouri's reaction is as much to blame as the ref. I doubt in that situation he would have done more than a little stumble, which also wouldn't have earned him a penalty, so maybe he should have just fell normally.

- - - Updated - - -

some people always pointing out how we break every record in the league yet if we really analyze it from the start of this season, there were times when we got too many luck in the league and we were too often played unlike a team worthy to be the champion, and most importantly we were and still are embarrassing in europe where it really matters.
Depends what point you are trying to make. Your POV seems to be that of the anti-Juve perspective, or maybe you're just still really clutching at straws?

One thing I've learned about this team is that we have periods over a season where we will do just enough to get away with the result, whether that is deliberate or not.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's owned by a guy called Roberto Amodei. The same guy owns Tuttosport .....:facepalm2:
The ownership isn't so much of an issue, but obviously a Rome-based newspaper has writers from there and has to serve its client base, just as Tuttosport does.

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012
This was exactly the type of match we would draw or even lose a couple years ago with Matri-Quag or even Bendtner up front...
Tevez-Llorente has been an immense upgrade guys... we can see it clearly in the stats (21W-3D-1L)..

And that without spending a penny (Llorente free, Tevez for 9-12M and selling Matri for 12M)

Tell us this after every european game...

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Tell us this after every european game...
We can't go from Quag and Matri to Ronaldo and Messi you moron! we should be happy with what we have...
The italian league is shit and you know it. I am happy that we got Llorente and Tevez.. Yes i'd rather have Aguero and Suarez or whatever but thats not realistic...

I remember the days where we were fapping over Dzeko... Now nobody wants him and everyone is screaming for Di Maria..

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012
Tevez is our MVP but until now we succeded good achievements in european games with former strikers so don-t discredit them you piece of .arbage

- - - Updated - - -

and stop dreaming about messi and ronaldo or any other super class player, a match is absolutely won by the entire 11 mixing together personal condition,technique,focus and hunger. What can Messi do if we put him together with 3 bonucci in defense, a peluso and padoin as wingers?? I-m talking about a team as a whole united so you can understand that isolated supervalue means so less

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
a: they aren't former... only Matri is..
b: our "succes" in the CL last season wasn't all due to our strikers... the whole team was important (no red cards.. defending..etc.. )
c: I wasn't talking about CL but about the Serie A... we have 2 strikers who scored 10 and 14 goals where the season hasn't even ended yet... your so called "former" strikers got to 10, 9 and 8 last year and 10, 9 and 4 the year before that.... if thats not an upgrade than i don't know what is

edit: thanx for proving my point...

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
fucking idiots.. getting mad at people mentioning Heysel, but making fun of plane accidents themselves..
They just giving them the same response. Juve fans ain't of those who would be in silence after being insulted all the time by other teams. It's Italy after all.

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012
Revenge is their legacy from ancient romans, but i don-t approve it when it comes to laugh of dead people, plane full of players who represented the whole national team , a symbol for all of italians

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I was not happy with the team performance, but after seeing some comments here I almost am, because come on, fans can't treat this team in such a way. These guys are giving us great satisfactions, game after game, and it's not enough for you you might already stopping to support'em, I say this by reading some stuff with a bitter behaviour that it's beyond me, for a fan. Maybe someone doesn't realize that we leave on Tuesday/Wednesday for Turkey, for a very difficult knockout match, and return Friday morning in Italy to play 60 hours later with Milan at San Siro. We want to go far in EL, we'll have a lot of fixtures, this league is very difficult, every team has some players that can give problems, unlike Liga or Bundes, Roma is pressing hard with amazing numbers... It's normal, I think, to don't run like obsessed, we do our calculations, we are not headless chickens. But am I the only one smart enough to notice that? I don't think so, maybe someone just wants to hate for no reason cause "we play with 3-5-2, bla bla bla"... Fucking ridiculous. Fucking, fucking ridiculous. Who goes in Champions League to the Bernabeu and in 10 mans still plays a balaced match with same number of shots... Who owns Real in Turin, and so on...

We don't lose on a derby since 1995, we don't concede a single goal since 2003, we score in Serie A since 38 games, we don't lose at home since 14 months, we score at home since 17 months... These are just some of the numbers this team is putting in... And someone complaints... And Conte, and this, and that... After another of the several wins... Today we didn't play well, but seeing someone behave like it's everything to change, everything to throw out... Like if we were in Milan's or Inter's positions... Nah, that's just ridiculous.

Oh yeah, 21W, 3D, 1L, record in the history, despite of so many fixtures and Roma pressing with amazing numbers... We need some serious rework, HEEEEEELP!

Conte right now in press concerence: "We play 3 matches with barely 2 days for recover, no training, and people would want this team always at full speed?" :lol:
Great post.+REP
However, it was amazing to see how we pratically refused to play in the second half. Most presumably there were indications of Conte behind that, cause I can't give any other explanation. He must have told the team to slow down. That actually shows how much he cares about EL... We'll give our best to try to win it. However, it was amazing to see how we closed spaces to Torino when they tried to attack. They had a pair of pure chances in the first half, after that just wasted crosses and deflected 40m shots. Nice defensive display, but as a football match, very deluding. Not something someone would like to pay the ticket for.

For me:

Buffon 7 - Very secure on the ball, safety for the whole team, even if today he didn't have that much to do.

Barzagli 7 - Great to have him back. Had a great tackle on Immobile.
Bonucci 7 - Good game
Caceres 6 - Very great to put Cerci down, but Jesus... That pass :sergio: He risked to ruin a great match.

Lichtsteiner 5,5 - Imprecise today and not very sharp indeed. Conceded something on the wing.
Vidal 5,5 - The yellow card limited him in defensive phase. Not very precise too.
Pirlo 6 - Very clean on the ball and dictated our tempo as always, but that luckily that foul on the area didn't cost us a penalty. He's gotta be more careful.
Pogba 6- - Far from the best Paul, but hey, he's still 21 and it's his first season ever as a starter.
Asa 6 - Had a good game on attack, with his runs and dribbles. Missed something on the team build up, and short passes.

Tevez 8 - Monster performance.
Llorente 6 - If he just had a ball...

The subs n.v.
Again,agree with you.:tup:
You summed it pretty well.

I also hope our last few matches are Contes instructions to save energy,and not give it all.
We had no problem to control the game for like 60-70 min.
Then we suddenly dropped back to defend.
If it's Contes instructions then I'm happy with it because we have so many games now.
But if it's not,then I hope we just continue to win but get back to our usual form quickly.

Forza Juve!!!!

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I can't believe that anyone, including Toro fans, would argue for the non-existant penalty. Contact and violation is 2 very different things, and one doesn't necessary has to include the other. El Kaddouri showed everyone that he was perfectly able to continue his run without losing his balance. The late fall proves that the contact didn't do anything to his run and he wasn't robbed of any goal-scoring opportunity nor did it affect his pace/balance. He only fell because he "could".

Torino and the media should ask themselves whether the player could continue his run rather than if a penalty could be justified just because there was contact. Justifying penalty decisions based solely on whether there was contact or not, is just as narrow-minded as saying that handling the ball always should give away a penalty. Both incidents are judged on the situation, not the action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)