[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 1 - 0 Siena (01/11/09) (7 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Molinaro

• Mellberg

• Legrottaglie

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• Zanetti

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Horrible match, we were generally outplayed by a solid Siena side that thankfully has real problems putting the ball into the net, they lack the cutting edge. IMO everyone in our team today was average or below par except the defense which did a pretty good job. Nedved was painfully slow and imprecise, Marchionni was invisible and Amauri wasn't too productive today bar the last 30 minutes of the game. Capitano wasn't on his best form too but he earned us the 3 precious points with a great move, I'd say the best contribution of his today. I liked Zanetti's performance when he came in, as Esteban said, distributed and kept the ball very well with calmness. De Ceglie looks clumsy on the right side, it doesn't look like his position.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Marchisio is my MOTM. Along with the Del Piero goal, nothing noteworthy. It was a boring game and were going to have to raise our game for next week.

What will it take for Gio to get a game? Nedved was burnt out in the 2nd half and should have been taken off. He was just coasting around. No matter how he plays, he is guaranteed 90 min. The game would have opened up with Seba's trickery and pace, considering Nedved was offering neither.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Mellberg deserves some props for this game aswell. He lead the defense and outshone the shaky Legrottaglie who had a day off. He also had an important sliding challenge á la Glenn Hysén (surely you know who that is) to rob Mario Frick late in the second half.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Mellberg deserves some props for this game aswell. He lead the defense and outshone the shaky Legrottaglie who had a day off. He also had an important sliding challenge á la Glenn Hysén (surely you know who that is) to rob Mario Frick late in the second half.
Mellberg was very solid.

His performance was even better when you consider that it was doubtful whether he would be fit to play, so he certainly wouldn't have been at 100%.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Seems like Marchisio is being developed to play a Zanetti role. Today he was more left-centre where before he was more right-centre next to Sissoko. His average position on the field was similar to Zanetti's. He did what CZ basically does, sit in front the defence and distribute it wide and forward without moving forward too much, allowing Sissoko to run vertically a lot. His passing wasn't on point all the time like CZ's but he seemed natural in that role.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nedved didn't have a horrible match, but why the hell was Marchionni drifting all the way over the left side?? It seemed like Marchionni as usual was just getting in peoples way. Nedved didn't once make his way over the right. I think Marchisio needs to push forward more than he has, it seemed like Sissoko made more forward runs than Marchisio when it should be the other way around. I am going to have to give Marchisio MOM, he played extremely well, recovered nicely and made some great passes...I can see some Zanetti in his play.

We either desperately need someone that can open up play from the middle and demand the ball or get Camoranesi back ASAP. I am tired of seeing Marchionni play. You could see the frustration on DP and Amauri every time Marchionni killed our own attack with a missed time pass or a bad pass altogether. With the way our midfield plays it will be tough for the strikers to have a great game because it seems like the only times they get a good pass from the midfield its to their feet with backs to goal and they are forced to play the ball back instead of try and run with it. I hope Zanetti gets fit enough to start next match as we need his vision to give our front-line the killer pass that splits the defenses so our offense can run onto the ball.

Can anyone explain the DC/Marchionni sub please?

Grygera made one good cross all game I think and he made some pretty shaky mistimed challenges that put the defense in jeopardy. I seriously hope a RB replacement is in the works soon! I don't think Juve did a good job today with possession, mainly losing possession on the wings which to me says one of two things: Neddy needs to step aside and we will continue to suffer on the right as long as Camo is not playing hence we lose our advantage of playing through the wings since we play with two DMs that are unable to dictate the pace of play. Ranieri seems to want to play through the wings and unless Camo gets fit or we find a replacement for Neddy (sadly) we will continue to suffer to score/make chances. We can not continue to rely on our captain to score free kicks.

3 points, a win is a win. I am happy we recovered some ground on Inter and that was my game analysis!

PS. Zanetti for the short time he was in showed exactly what we have been missing/and need

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Ranieri almost blew it when taking Marchiooni off for DC. 1st DC can't play on the right, 2nd Neddy was cooked. :rolleyes:

Brutal to watch.
I thought the same thing....Neddy has not lost a step, but rather 2 or 3

Marchisio wasnt as good as everyone here has made him out to be...the jury is still out as to whether he should be a starter

Marchionni is unimpressive, and we better find a better replacement to be Camo's sub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)