[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 1 - 0 Siena (01/11/09) (2 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Molinaro

• Mellberg

• Legrottaglie

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• Zanetti

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Of course not the best match but what did you really expect? Siena are a tough team, they deserved to beat Inter two weeks ago and they are anything but an easy team.

Marchisio impressed me a lot today, though he still needs to work on his passing. Mellberg on the other hand is wonderful player to watch. Such a great work he always puts when needed.

I thought Marchionni was 10x slower and much more worse than Pavel. I wonder what improvements some of you saw/see in this man.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #344
    good review. amauri played well too
    Amauri played very well. No wonder many chose him for their MOtM.
    Manninger did the job required from him, Mellberg, Grygera and Marchisio were very solid. Del Piero didn't have a very good match but he played smartly and he was the difference maker after all. Sissoko was 50-50 while the others disappointed me, especially the wingers and especially Marchionni.

Oh, and classy display by Zanetti in the last 20 minutes. He's so ellegant and so confident in himself. I always feel safe when he has the ball.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Marchisio is my MOTM. Along with the Del Piero goal, nothing noteworthy. It was a boring game and were going to have to raise our game for next week.

What will it take for Gio to get a game? Nedved was burnt out in the 2nd half and should have been taken off. He was just coasting around. No matter how he plays, he is guaranteed 90 min. The game would have opened up with Seba's trickery and pace, considering Nedved was offering neither.
    A new team.

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
    What worries me is that we always have so much problems winning games. We still get a reasonable amount of points, but I'm afraid we'll grow tired during the season. What made Juventus great a couple of years ago was that we always won in very comfortable fashion against the smaller sides. We always had energy left. To be honest Inter still isn't at the level that Juve team was anyway.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    For me this was a vital win, we showed we can win even if we dont have the best game, this is immense if we want to challenge for the title. Also Siena are never an easy team to beat, not to mention the 3 week break game at a bad time for us form wise. We had to deal with pressure also as we needed a win as Inter dropped points. Although it took some more Del Piero magic we managed a crucial 3 points.
    these are the wins that shape the season IMO.

This also puts pressure on Inter next game, we can only hope for another slip up.

Mar 24, 2006
    For me this was a vital win, we showed we can win even if we dont have the best game, this is immense if we want to challenge for the title. Also Siena are never an easy team to beat, not to mention the 3 week break game at a bad time for us form wise. We had to deal with pressure also as we needed a win as Inter dropped points. Although it took some more Del Piero magic we managed a crucial 3 points.
    these are the wins that shape the season IMO.

This also puts pressure on Inter next game, we can only hope for another slip up.
    :tup:

and What happened with your XBox ?

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    not the best performance by the team as a whole. But it was very important to get the three points with inter dropping points as we have some very tough matches coming up and a stacked schedule.

Mellberg had a big game defensively for us. Legro wasn't at his best but the big man stepped up. Credit goes to Marchisio as well who did very well in retaining a lot of the balls in the midfield and closing down their midfielders. Finally Amauri who even though didn't score ( he should've scored that header) but his work infront was very good.

Zanetti coming back was a big moment imo, just watching his calmness in midfield was wonderful at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)