[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 23rd 2017] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Szczęsny

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #221
    Except Higuaín's chances , the rest were half chances only because a guy of Higuaín's calibre should be finishing those chances. We need to make a distinction between clear cut chances and half chances. In Higuaín's case, he just had to shoot accurately at goal and he failed.
    We had 22 shots today. Converted 1. lol 4% conversion

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
    Fantastic save for Szczesny on the last action, absolutely saved us tonight, we were pretty lucky, but you need luck also to succeed sometimes, even that Schick 's finish wasn't impressive at all, radja must be incredibly angry now , third game in a row we win 1-0 against Roma at home, the way we did it now it's even sweeter, 7/7 also on juventus stadium against them.As it stands now we will probably have napoli as title contender, Roma,Lazio and inter are probably going to fight for champions league spots.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    So what do you call the total collapse in the last ten minutes?
    Nerve wracking and obnoxious. That's what happens against good teams when you don't finish chances. This wasn't a game where we finished the single chance we got. We smashed Roma for 80 minutes, controlled the game completely, and if our forwards pulled their heads out of their asses, we would have been up 3-0 or thereabouts. When that doesn't happen it gives the other team the opportunity to throw everything at us for the last 10 minutes to play for the draw. Nerves creep in as our players clearly still need to work on mentality.

What do you call the first 80 minutes that we utterly dominated?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    It won't.

I want to watch Dybala play football too, but he's the unfortunate victim of our (successful) attempts to fix the main problem. Since we did fix the main problem and we kept a clean sheet against Barcelona, Inter, Napoli, Roma and 4 other teams, we won't switch to another formation. In Juventus it will always be about not conceding before scoring 2, 3 or 4 goals. We are not conceding and we don't give away chances because our midfield trio and the wide players are doing an amazing defensive job. It's frustrating that Dybala has to be the victim, but it's pleasing to win matches and it's really hard to argue against this 4-3-3. I bet Allegri did not make this choice so easy and I think that, as much as he is happy to be winning without conceding, he is also frustrated that he has to bench Dybala.
    :agree: Took balls to bench Dybala but it is totally the right decision to put team over the player

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #227
    It won't.

I want to watch Dybala play football too, but he's the unfortunate victim of our (successful) attempts to fix the main problem. Since we did fix the main problem and we kept a clean sheet against Barcelona, Inter, Napoli, Roma and 4 other teams, we won't switch to another formation. In Juventus it will always be about not conceding before scoring 2, 3 or 4 goals. We are not conceding and we don't give away chances because our midfield trio and the wide players are doing an amazing defensive job. It's frustrating that Dybala has to be the victim, but it's pleasing to win matches and it's really hard to argue against this 4-3-3. I bet Allegri did not make this choice so easy and I think that, as much as he is happy to be winning without conceding, he is also frustrated that he has to bench Dybala.
    433 has for some time now the way to go. Winning/not conceding is the way forward. People should start getting used to Dybala playing less.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #229
    Nerve wracking and obnoxious. That's what happens against good teams when you don't finish chances. This wasn't a game where we finished the single chance we got. We smashed Roma for 80 minutes, controlled the game completely, and if our forwards pulled their heads out of their asses, we would have been up 3-0 or thereabouts. When that doesn't happen it gives the other team the opportunity to throw everything at us for the last 10 minutes to play for the draw. Nerves creep in as our players clearly still need to work on mentality.

lol we had 22 shots

crazy

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Except Higuaín's chances , the rest were half chances only because a guy of Higuaín's calibre should be finishing those chances. We need to make a distinction between clear cut chances and half chances. In Higuaín's case, he just had to shoot accurately at goal and he failed.
    Khedira's chance wasn't a half chance. Mandzu had a pretty damn good chance too.

All of them were clear cut chances, but I will agree that only Higgy's and Khedira's were the type that should be scored 90% of the time.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    It won't.

433 has for some time now the way to go. Winning/not conceding is the way forward. People should start getting used to Dybala playing less.
    Higuain should play less eventually. Dybala should start as the #9 when he'll be completely on top of his game

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

They were great without a doubt and we should have been more than 1 goal up but we didn't. Look at how we handled Napoli, they were going to play 900 minutes and not score, Roma were on the verge of scoring and we got lucky as well as Szczesny was brilliant.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    Dude. The "half chances" we created is down to bad attacking play and nothing else. We had so many great opportunities to create big chances it's ridiculous. That's what you should worry about, but not the game. We were the much better team a part the last 15 minutes.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Well if teams go all in against us and we react in this manner then it is really worrying. Or it explains how we lost in Cardiff.
    :tup:
    It is worrying. But most teams deal with this issue more or less when they miss as many chances as we do today and end up at 1-0 with 10 minutes left. It's probably incredibly frustrating as a player to dominate like that and end up in a nail biter anyways.

I still think this team lacks something in terms of mentality. Probably in part due to the high turnover in transfer windows, and perhaps something to do with Allegri's methods of motivation. Who really knows the reason though.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #240
    Khedira's chance wasn't a half chance. Mandzu had a pretty damn good chance too.

All of them were clear cut chances, but I will agree that only Higgy's and Khedira's were the type that should be scored 90% of the time.
    Matuidi had that shot on goal when he got injured. Almost from the same spot as his first goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)