[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 23rd 2017] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Szczęsny

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Juventus XI: Szczesny; Barzagli, Benatia, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Higuain, Mandzukic

- - - Updated - - -

At least Alex Sandro plays and not Asamoah

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
i reckon the idea is to lock up the right side using cuads and barza as that is where roma's biggest strength is via kolarov and perotti

and left side use mandzu to overpower florenzi

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Allegri switching to 1 striker formation. No fucks given for Higuain/Dybala partnership. What a coach.

Sure to create friction with Marotta though.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Allegri seems to have become very arrogant about home games. Taking our home form for granted so that he could keep rotating.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Seems that Aleggri thinks that this is our strongest possible lineup going by players picked but i have to disagree.

Id have Costa at LW over Mandzu. Dybala should always start. Marchisio is better than Khedira. Cuads is hit and miss but will eventually be replaced by a better player.

Rotation is killing us.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Allegri seems to have become very arrogant about home games. Taking our home form for granted so that he could keep rotating.
This is not rotation to Allegri. He wants 9 behind the ball so he has to pick either Higuain or Dybala for the #9 position. This is his best XI.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I have a feeling we will see similar lineup and approach as we did at home against Inter
Same here. A game we should of won. Pussy tactics that game this lineup isnt quite as bad but could be alot better.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not rotation to Allegri. He wants 9 behind the ball so he has to pick either Higuain or Dybala for the #9 position. This is his best XI.
What do you mean like 9 players behind the ball or #9 player behind the ball?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Same here. A game we should of won. Pussy tactics that game this lineup isnt quite as bad but could be alot better.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean like 9 players behind the ball or #9 player behind the ball?
Our regular formation is 4-4-2 with both Higuain and Dybala ahead of our midfield 4. That means most of the time they are not behind the ball defending. Even if they were, they offer nothing.

But it's hard to balance the team like this. So you see Allegri more and more recently going to a formation with only 1 striker. So now we have a midfield 5. And we always have those 5 and the back line of 4 behind the ball. That's where you get 9. It's a big difference for us this year between the two systems. We look impenetrable with 9 behind the ball.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Allegri switching to 1 striker formation. No $#@!s given for Higuain/Dybala partnership. What a coach.

Sure to create friction with Marotta though.
The thing is, not playing Dybala instead of a donkey CM like Khedira or Matuidi is Just sht. Both CM's offer nothing but strength, 0 technique.

I'm done with this shit. If he really wants more defensieve coverage then play 523 instead. You'll still have 9 players behind the ball.

Jul 20, 2012
Our regular formation is 4-4-2 with both Higuain and Dybala ahead of our midfield 4. That means most of the time they are not behind the ball defending. Even if they were, they offer nothing.

But it's hard to balance the team like this. So you see Allegri more and more recently going to a formation with only 1 striker. So now we have a midfield 5. And we always have those 5 and the back line of 4 behind the ball. That's where you get 9. It's a big difference for us this year between the two systems. We look impenetrable with 9 behind the ball.
Agreeded and I think our summer mercato showed that a change to a winger based formation was always in the works with this 1 striker formation. I see us rotating dybala and higuain or forcing dybala out wide.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreeded and I think our summer mercato showed that a change to a winger based formation was always in the works with this 1 striker formation. I see us rotating dybala and higuain or forcing dybala out wide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)