[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Napoli [8th December, 2023 20:45 CET] (3 Viewers)

vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 22, 2016
but i dont think this can be carried all season. it's just not possible to win every game by a defender scoring. the midfield and attack need to score and they are not doing that. it's almsot halfway through season and gatti has more goals scored than 6 of the teams attackers and midfielders.

if the attack doesn't score expect a lot of 0-0 draws very soon
We tend to attack until we score and then defend the hell out of the lead.

This is the best tactic we can deploy with this set of players. We don't have any wingers, fullbacks or quality midfielders to keep the ball high up and create chances. Instead we wait until the opposite team make mistake and take advantage of it.

If we want to have any chances for the title we have to sign one or two wingers and at least one great mid this winter. Berardi and Sancho would be great options.

Until then this tactic is our only chance staying in the title race.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We tend to attack until we score and then defend the hell out of the lead.

This is the best tactic we can deploy with this set of players. We don't have any wingers, fullbacks or quality midfielders to keep the ball high up and create chances. Instead we wait until the opposite team make mistake and take advantage of it.

If we want to have any chances for the title we have to sign one or two wingers and at least one great mid this winter. Berardi and Sancho would be great options.

Until then this tactic is our only chance staying in the title race.
Berardi - I dislike the person but I am honest enough to say he is a good player - He is among the top goals and assists per year in Serie A for some years IIRC. He would be a possible purchase (Should we really want wings)
Sancho - Please no - Something in him just shouts Quaresma for me (I mean in terms there was so much talk about how good the player is, technique, skills but in the end stats arent really backing it up).

- - - Updated - - -

or just finishing it like a proper striker should would have also helped
Yeah but he didnt miss the target rather he was blocked while there are 2 very good options with no one in their way defender or goalie.

OP
icemaη

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #106
    We won and Im happy but can someone explain this? Im pretty sure either choice would lead to a goal.
    1702118222871.png
    His first touch took the ball into the path of the defender and not off it. He probably didn’t see Wes (or was that Cambiaso?), which is fine. But him not being aware that he should be shooting to the far post and thus should be positioning himself for that is just poor.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Yeah but he didnt miss the target rather he was blocked while there are 2 very good options with no one in their way defender or goalie.
    there was a replay showing how open half of the goal was in front of him. it was a huge chance. unless you're a pep/barca player, you shoot from there. i get what you're saying but i think he made the good call, he had to go for the shot, every proper 9 would have done the same. too bad it was poorly executed.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
    there was a replay showing how open half of the goal was in front of him. it was a huge chance. unless you're a pep/barca player, you shoot from there. i get what you're saying but i think he made the good call, he had to go for the shot, every proper 9 would have done the same. too bad it was poorly executed.
    Agree. When our expensive number 9 starts passing and not shooting in those situations that's when it's really joever for him

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    No issue with Vlahovic going for the shot there, the majority of CFs would in that situation. The problem for me is that he didn't have the confidence to take it as a first time shot. Instead he took a touch and allowed the Napoli defender to get across an make the block. He is far better as an instinctive striker than when he has time to think.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
    GIF 2023-12-9 18-59-30.gif

Much clearer from this angel.

The first touch was not that bad but the second touch ruined everything: smaller angel and gave defenders time to block. And finally the poor finishing.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Don;t tell me nipples are crying about ref decisions? :sergio:
    don't tell me you're surprised, that's been part of their m.o. since forever. their president just said during the week that you can't win multiple scudetti unless you're a cheater. :baus:

and of course they don't give any credit to jj. we didn't win, they lost the match, period. clowns.

btw i can't really complain about orsato, he did a fairly good job yesterday

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    don't tell me you're surprised, that's been part of their m.o. since forever. their president just said during the week that you can't win multiple scudetti unless you're a cheater. :baus:

and of course they don't give any credit to jj. we didn't win, they lost the match, period. clowns.

I'm not sure Juve have ever really beaten Napoli in a game in our history.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006

:agree: Orsato had control over the match in a good way

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Nipples are the leagues finest pathological victims. Overly offended by anything done to them while simultaneously entitled to call us cheaters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)