[SERIE A] Juventus 1-0 Napoli (28/02/09) (6 Viewers)

MOtM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Molinaro

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Marchisio

• Giovinco

• Poulsen

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Marchionni

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I think Ranieri panicked. He brought in Brazzo for more defensive support, but we didn't have any plan in doing that. Why would Marchisio go on the wing while Brazzo vanished somewhere in the centre?
It was all part of Ranieri's plan to confuse the opposition :D

btw, I loved it when he lost his cool, he looked damn funny and then tried to compose himself which was even funnier :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Ranieri panicked. He brought in Brazzo for more defensive support, but we didn't have any plan in doing that. Why would Marchisio go on the wing while Brazzo vanished somewhere in the centre?
I have absolutely no idea.

We seemed to change to 4-3-1-2 when Brazzo came on, which made no sense at all.

Usually I can see the logic behind Ranieri's changes, even if I don't agree with them. The reason for changing the shape of the team is beyond me, though.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Even worse, Marchionni became the trequartista.

Salihamidzic Poulsen Marchisio
_________Marchionni
yeah I thought it was something like that, but Sali and Marchionni totally vanished as they were out of position. Marchisio is talented enough to adapt (what a player!!), but the other two barely touched a ball after that move.

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
looked like we started with some kind of 4-3-2-1 with del piero dropping really deep at times.....have to say im happy with moli's performance.........and chiellini is simply a monster

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Missed the match but id like to thank the guys for the player ratings :tup: Good to finally beat Napoli after suffering from them in the past, by the sound of things we on verge of suffering again but held on. Hopefully Roma and Samp will help to brighten up our week tomorrow.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In Italian tv speak that Chiellini has shown a middle finger of all Curva Napoli
It showed in his fiery attitude on the pitch. Forza Chiellini! :D

You're being very generous with your grades, Swag. Napoli were pretty dire and we stooped to their level in the second half. You're being very harsh on Del Piero, he was our director in the first half.
Generous on everyone but DP then, I take it?

We allowed Napoli to move forward in the second half. But forget the scoreline for a moment... I honestly think we played well and generally dominated play on the pitch.

The second half was dodgier, of course. But most of the play even then we showed who was boss. Just because Napoli got to push the ball forward on some deep free kicks, etc., never meant they were really ever that threatening.

The first half we practically steamrolled Napoli except for the finishing, offsides problems, and ultimately the scoreline.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i think ranieri wanted to give salihamdzic valuable minutes playing time and since del piero is a pussy when he has to come off, he chose to sub giovinco first... he surely could have switches alex and giovincos position and then let brazzo enter ... but with those old stars it is always difficult

marchioni did have a few good scenes and he was all over the place running and defending ...
Look... It's not the first time you insult Alex, If some of us are ignoring this it's because we don't want to have these useless arguments but If you keep it this way then it wont be nice. You wash your fingers before typing and insulting Del Piero.

Always after each game you come here to throw an insult or two towards Ale. Keep them for yourself because this is not the best place to mock/insult someone like him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Is any of the mods kind enough to add a MOM poll in this thread, like they used to do.
I m really puzzled to make a choice between the assist man and the scorer and i want to see what more ppl have to say about that!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I think Ranieri panicked. He brought in Brazzo for more defensive support, but we didn't have any plan in doing that.
yeah that is true, but in fact we already were defending heavy, before gio went off ... so it is not like it was ranieris fault that we had to defend. he probably saw that we had to defend that much, decided to see how gio copes with that situation and since he did not really bring much to the table offensively he thought he could bring some fresh brazzo in, when defending is all we could do at that stage

Why would Marchisio go on the wing while Brazzo vanished somewhere in the centre?
that was weired !

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Is any of the mods kind enough to add a MOM poll in this thread, like they used to do.
I m really puzzled to make a choice between the assist man and the scorer and i want to see what more ppl have to say about that!
Let me put something up. I'll leave out more of what I think are obvious non-choices. :D

EDIT: too late!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
buffon- 7 made key saves and overall had a good game.

molinaro-6.5 played better than usual, was ok in defense but in attack better than usual.

chiellini-7.0 played well, showed passion that was lacking of late.loved how he went to the away fans after the match and gave it to them.

legrottaglie-6.0 played pretty well. hopefully it isnt a bad injury.

grygera-6.0 TBH i didnt really see much of him, i noticed he attacked a bit better but thats about it.

giovinco-6.0 played well IMO made dangerous runs just needs to keep the ball a bit better. saw a lot of the ball in the first half. subbed stupidly.

poulsen-8.0 great game was very solid and passed the ball around well, proved he should be in the starting IX

marchisio-8.5 MOM, played his best game of the season, he was running his arse off in the second half espescially. in the second he won balls and distrubuted them well. capped off this great performance with a, well tou could call it a lucky goal :p

marchionni-5.5 started ok but in the second just lost the ball too much, went for stupid dribbles that didnt work. and alwasys had a stupid look on his face.

del piero-5.5 not the best game from il capitano, looked a bit tired maybe also was heavily marked.was rightly subbed

trezeguet-6.5 looked a bit frustrated as he didnt score but im sure the goal is coming.

subs-

salihamdzic-N/A didnt really do much when he was wrongly subbed on.non existent.

mellberg-N/A didnt really see anything of him.

Amuari- 6.0 after being subbed on played ok, was playing us provider to trez most of the time.

ranieri 5.0- nearly cost us the match, started off with a formationt that was working well, then completely ruined it by taking of giovinco and making us struggle to defend from the 60th minute onward. took off all our offensive players and isolated our strikers. he took off all the players that could hold the ball up. he really is destroying giovinco's confidence and him as a player.

funny thing though, molinaro actually had to yell at ranieri and tell him off for not shutting up when yelling at the ref :lol:

ref 4.0- was he a ref? i thought he was blasi's side kick. lost controll of the match late on and was well horrible.

overall-started well and ended horribly, ranieri made key stupid subs and ruined what looked like a very promising match.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i think ranieri wanted to give salihamdzic valuable minutes playing time and since del piero is a pussy when he has to come off, he chose to sub giovinco first... he surely could have switches alex and giovincos position and then let brazzo enter ... but with those old stars it is always difficult

marchioni did have a few good scenes and he was all over the place running and defending ...
how dare you insult a man that has given so much to this club, you dont deserve to call yourself juventino!

del piero is a legend!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
did you guys notice, that molinaro does not try to cross on every opportunity now ?

perhaps ranieri told him to cut that crap, if he cant cross he should play the simple or low ball more often. he really does not float every ball into the stands anymore ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)