[SERIE A] Juventus 1-0 Napoli (28/02/09) (5 Viewers)

MOtM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Molinaro

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Marchisio

• Giovinco

• Poulsen

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Marchionni

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
At least Poulsen was proved to be very useful against those certain circumstances.
When pitted against inferior team, who dont have the ability to pressure us, esp when we wplay on our field and they defend. Then we would rather choose Poulsen above any other DM, because we didnt need that extra defensive boost Sissoko may offer and CZ is not physically fit to cover all that space and be at the right place to give those decisive passes. Thats the optimal use of Poulsen, i would like to see him paired with Tiago under the same circumstances!

Treze wont take long to start scoring goals, but he needs one to boost his morale and CR has done well to keep at full 90'!

Molinaro actually made a tackle today!!

Marchionni was that bad as performer, not elegant, but def not bad!

DP is always nervous when he starts with Giovinco.

CR needs to start trusting Gio even more. I really doubt that Salih added more defensively and it almost felt that he punished Giovinco when he subbed him.

Just like when i started praising CR for not being a scared girl and pit an offensive midfield line without 2 DMs and defensive wingers, he has ensured to prove me wrong by the end and succumb into his nature, thankfully, our team didn have to pay for that, at least this time...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
glad to hear we won and marchisio scored, but reading your views I'm guessing all is still not well.
first half we dominated, were building up well and created many chances.

second half

ranieri took of giovinco and put on brazzo which made us play very defensively and all in all made us suffer.

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
i honestly have not been enjoying Juve's performance as of late....we were a better team in the first half of the season....

I didn't understand Ranieri Sub of Giovinco today

He took him Out to put in Brazzo but, why not take out Machionni when WE ALLLLLLLLL know that he is going to use him agianst Chelsea because Camo is out...

i would think he would take Marchionni out and Play Brazzo.....Ranieri is one weird ass dude

the first half i enjoyed even tho our chances were lousy we had posses. and good movement..then the second half came it was like Chelsea all over again

Ranieri is Too nice of a guy..you know NICE guys ALWAYS FINISH LAST

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Trez is Trez.. Can't do shit with a ball in a game like this!..
Del Piero had the worst game since iv been a Juve fan!..
Marchionni should never play football!..
Ranieri is an idiot for taking Gio and not Marchionni!..

The ref was the biggest Napoli fan!..

Poulsen and Marchisio my MOM!..
And this has to be the worst post I've seen in this thread.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Great win. Most importantly. We should have had a lot more comfort for how terrible Napoli was, however. We "suffered greatly" for the three points, and we shouldn't have had to.

Of course, the referee wasn't helping. Whistle-maniac. And our own offsides play wasn't helping either. Fortunately that whistling helped towards the end when Napoli thought they got a goal on a set piece...

But we looked generally crisp and sharp in midfield and possession. Just wish we did more with our chances and possession.

Buffon - 7 - He rocks.

Molinaro - 6.5 - Left too much of a buffer at times, but otherwise had some nice play in defense and wasn't a total screw-up offensively either. I liked how he turned up his speed going forward when he saw an opportunity. And today was one of his better displays of defensive headers, which he often doesn't rely upon. And nice saving tackle on Lavezzi towards the end.

Chiellini - 7 - Giorgio "Mad Dog" Chiellini today. I haven't seen that in a while. Totally on his game after the disappointment against Chelsea where he looked injured. I hope he didn't get too banged up, though.

Legrottaglie - 6 - Some slop. But otherwise an OK game.

Grygera - 6 - More effective than usual, but that's not saying much. At least he made his presence known (contrast with: Brazzo).

Giovinco - 5.5 - A great cross early on and some heads-up play to press the Napoli keeper on counterattacks. But his choices weren't very good and produced too many turnovers. We honestly need to get this boy some playing time so he has a chance to at least get into a rhythm with his teammates.

Poulsen - 7 - Strong and quite effective. Good sense of zonal positioning today too. And some nice tackles chasing down an unmarked man.

Marchisio - 7.5 - MoM. OK, so his goal was a fluke. He gets only credit for taking a shot and hoping for a little of the luck we weren't getting. And instead of overshooting the near post, the deflection got the far post for the match winner. But his second-half play was particularly inspiring. He pressed forward. He destroyed in defense. And he took on a relentless, Davids-like bull dog aggression with the ball near his feet -- making many challenges and winning us a lot of balls. Awesome stuff. There was a point I was cheering those plays on as much as any goal we weren't getting.

Marchionni - 6 - Weakened in the second half. But his first half completed some decent triangles and passes with his teammates. Should have done more in the crossing department. But biggest from him was a pressing tactic that allowed him to defensively mark his opponents effectively for the first time in more matches than I can count.

Trezeguet - 6.5 - Sure, he didn't get the goal. But he had some great touches on the ball -- just the Napoli keeper or a diving tackle saved them. And his play away from a direct goal threat was spot on: good passing and crossing, and decent ball handling. When Trez is good, and healthy, this is how he plays when he even isn't getting the goal.

Del Piero - 5.5 - Lost the ball a little too often to a pressing Napoli. Needed to release it sooner. Couldn't create much under tight marking.

Subs:

Brazzo - 5 - Was he even playing?

Amauri - 5 - Wasn't honestly that bad. But for the refereeing style going on, he was always on the wrong end of the whistle.

Mellberg - NR - Not involved enough at the end to rate. I really wish Ariaudo came on instead.

Coach:

Ranieri - 6 - The team looked fresh and capable compared to midweek. I was bummed to see him sub Giovinco, but he wasn't that effective. The subs were a bit questionable in general. But the team played aggressively for the 2-0 lead and didn't just sit back for the 1-0 hang on, even if that's what they got in the end.

Referee:

Ayroldi - 4.5 - He didn't ruin the match's outcome, but he almost ruined any fan appreciation of it. He broke up the momentum, made a lot of niggling calls where it wasn't necessary, and could not get the whistle out of his mouth.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i think ranieri wanted to give salihamdzic valuable minutes playing time and since del piero is a pussy when he has to come off, he chose to sub giovinco first... he surely could have switches alex and giovincos position and then let brazzo enter ... but with those old stars it is always difficult

marchioni did have a few good scenes and he was all over the place running and defending ...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Completely agree with all your comments, i usually defend the refs because they get harsh criticism but this guy ruined the game, some of his decisions were baffling, but we must remember, we only won the game because the linesman made a bad call on a napoli offside, so alls well that ends well

Its a shambles to witness, there was no reason to take gio off today, if we give him regular playing time and the chance to shine i'm 150% sure the kid will take it. Ranieri's love affair with Marchionni has to end, the guy is only good for 5 minutes a game. Giovinco actually looked threatening tonight
Technically it was offside. Cannavaro was offside with his hand. Yeah, the linesman could have let it count but as i said, technically it was offside.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
i think ranieri wanted to give salihamdzic valuable minutes playing time and since del piero is a pussy when he has to come off, he chose to sub giovinco first... he surely could have switches alex and giovincos position and then let brazzo enter ... but with those old stars it is always difficult

marchioni did have a few good scenes and he was all over the place running and defending ...
Stop insulting the captain... show some respect...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
You're being very generous with your grades, Swag. Napoli were pretty dire and we stooped to their level in the second half. You're being very harsh on Del Piero, he was our director in the first half.

Geof

May 14, 2004
First of all, Napoli are an average squad. They had nothing in the first half except for a big chance (Hamsik). We let them play in the second half, but they failed to create anything else than some chances on set pieces (one of which was a valid(?) goal).

Our first half was good. We should have scored earlier, but I was satisified.

Then, wtf happened after half time? We totally lost it, then Ranieri seemed to panic, taking out Giovinco for Sali and thereby ruining our game plan. What the hell was our tactic after that sub??

Good game for:

Poulsen
Marchisio ** MoM for me.

Average:
mostly, the whole team
Del Piero was below par IMO
Giovinco showed nice things, but seemed a bit slow with his first touches. Proof that he doesn't play enough

Bad:

Ranieri' subs (I agreed with the starting line up).
The ref. He was bad all over the game, but lost control after disallowing the Napoli goal. He sucked Blasi's cock, gave stupid yellows and whistled like a crazy man in the last minutes.
Blasi: he won scudetto's with us? This must be a prove we cheated back then :lol:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Great first half, terrible second half. We could have easily lost the points and perhaps that Napoli goal should have stood. Ranieri indeed made the wrong decisions allowing them to get a strangle over us.

I'll post my full match report later - time to celebrate my boys are over. Peace.
At least Poulsen was proved to be very useful against those certain circumstances.
When pitted against inferior team, who dont have the ability to pressure us, esp when we wplay on our field and they defend. Then we would rather choose Poulsen above any other DM, because we didnt need that extra defensive boost Sissoko may offer and CZ is not physically fit to cover all that space and be at the right place to give those decisive passes. Thats the optimal use of Poulsen, i would like to see him paired with Tiago under the same circumstances!

Treze wont take long to start scoring goals, but he needs one to boost his morale and CR has done well to keep at full 90'!

Molinaro actually made a tackle today!!

Marchionni was that bad as performer, not elegant, but def not bad!

DP is always nervous when he starts with Giovinco.

CR needs to start trusting Gio even more. I really doubt that Salih added more defensively and it almost felt that he punished Giovinco when he subbed him.

:tup:

Pretty much sums it up guys.

We went too defensive too early. Not clever.

First half was pretty good, though, and it was a good starting XI that was selected.

Poulsen was my Man of the Match.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I do blame Ranieri for Giovinco. The little guy wasn't on his game today. He suffered from problems similar to Palladino. Due to little playing time he is so desperate to prove himself. Resulting in always trying a move too difficult and way too afraid to do something wrong.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
DP did have a particularly dull match... He tried one dribble too many... glad to see him and Trez connect though... a couple more matches together and they'll be back to their telepathic ways...

We didn't play any particular formation today... Everyone was all over the pitch...

Geof

May 14, 2004
We went too defensive too early. Not clever.
I think Ranieri panicked. He brought in Brazzo for more defensive support, but we didn't have any plan in doing that. Why would Marchisio go on the wing while Brazzo vanished somewhere in the centre?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think Ranieri panicked. He brought in Brazzo for more defensive support, but we didn't have any plan in doing that. Why would Marchisio go on the wing while Brazzo vanished somewhere in the centre?
Even worse, Marchionni became the trequartista.

Salihamidzic Poulsen Marchisio
_________Marchionni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)