[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Fiorentina [September 20th 2017] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Sturaro

• Rugani

• Barzagli

• Cuadrado

• Bentancur

• Matuidi

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Higuain scored two goals in four games, hardly a tragedy. Benching him will only lower his confidence and it is clear he was upset with another omission by Sampaoli in Argentina squad.
You are right. We wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of an adult man even if it came at the expense of a better performance.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You are right. We wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of an adult man even if it came at the expense of a better performance.
I don't think it is normal, but I agree that Higuain seems pretty fragile mentally and benching him will probably fuck him up even more, we just have to stick with him during the rough patch and rebuild his confidence

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Strikers rely on their confidence as much as goalkeepers. He has it tough in NT, why would we add to his problems?
If playing him comes at the expense of a lesser performance then he shouldn't be played imo, simple. I'd actually like him to start since I don't think he has been that bad, just playing the devils advocate here and questioning the pampering of certain star players because they like to pout under pressure.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Strikers rely on their confidence as much as goalkeepers. He has it tough in NT, why would we add to his problems?
he doesn't like it? He can train to get back to his best. You can't be a wimp like that and survive this long in a very competitive profession like football.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
he doesn't like it? He can train to get back to his best. You can't be a wimp like that and survive this long in a very competitive profession like football.
This long? He was our best scorer last season with 32 goals and scored every second game this season (in the league). So what's the problem here?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If playing him comes at the expense of a lesser performance then he shouldn't be played imo, simple. I'd actually like him to start since I don't think he has been that bad, just playing the devils advocate here and questioning the pampering of certain star players because they like to pout under pressure.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

This long? He was our best scorer last season with 32 goals and scored every second game this season (in the league). So what's the problem here?

The problem is that was last year and this year he looks nothing like he did last year.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

You either did not read or did not understand what I said. He's been in Europe for more than 10 years now playing for Real Madrid, Napoli and Juventus. Playing in everyone of those clubs comes with extreme pressure. He clearly is not a wimp otherwise he would have made it this far so he doesn't need cuddling like what you suggested.
He's not playing well right now and last season does not mean anything for a club like Juve who want to challenge in all fronts.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:D

- - - Updated - - -

You either did not read or did not understand what I said. He's been in Europe for more than 10 years now playing for Real Madrid, Napoli and Juventus. Playing in everyone of those clubs comes with extreme pressure. He clearly is not a wimp otherwise he would have made it this far so he doesn't need cuddling like what you suggested.
He's not playing well right now and last season does not mean anything for a club like Juve who want to challenge in all fronts.
Nailed it

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We clearly don't understand each other in this discussion. We won four out of four matches in the league. Higuain scored in 2 of these games. There is no valid reason to bench him even more so because the two players that could replace him at CF in Mandzukic and Dybala are playing in the first eleven anyway. Max will not bench Higuain just because some supporters want to see D. Costa and Bernardeschi in starting eleven. Even more so because we have Inter and Napoli with 12 points as well so this is not a time to experiment.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
We clearly don't understand each other in this discussion. We won four out of four matches in the league. Higuain scored in 2 of these games. There is no valid reason to bench him even more so because the two players that could replace him at CF in Mandzukic and Dybala are playing in the first eleven anyway. Max will not bench Higuain just because some supporters want to see D. Costa and Bernardeschi in starting eleven. Even more so because we have Inter and Napoli with 12 points as well so this is not a time to experiment.
Not playing him for technical reasons is an entirely different discussion. I was only replying to your "don't bench him because it'll hurt his feelings" comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)