[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Chievo, August 23rd 2009 (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Salihamidzic

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Poulsen

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Diego

• Amauri

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Melo is suspended. Sissoko is injured. Camoranesi is unlikely to be match fit. Who do you propose we start in midfield besides Marchisio, Diego, and Tiago? Almiron? We could go with Poulsen, but why not give Iago a chance to deputize for Camo. I doubt Chievo will be pressuring us that much, especially if we have players who can keep hold of the ball and distribute it well.

Why do so many people have this "Italian Mentality" which dictates fear of giving opportunities to players simply based on the fact that they are presumably unaccomplished or have not yet established themselves?

It is our first game of the season, and we can play him for one half, if he screws up badly. The season is still long, and the risk is minimal. It's not like this is a big match against Milan or Inter, a game in the CL QF Knockout stages, or even an elimination game in the Coppa Italia.
Iago not a center mid. he is a trequartista. But i do agree of giving him a chance, hopefully we could be leading by a huge margin so he could play. and dude i know all the juventini in the world believe this first game in this new season is very important, of course nothing like a final, but it is the beginning of our new Juve and we want to impress.:agree: :beer:

Eℓvin;2109186 said:
Cause this is Juventus man, every single game we have to play for a win. The fans are not as forgiving as the Gunners for example.
:lol: :lol: :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Football Italia has Melo listed as able to play, and have Tiago listed as injured.
Anyone know anything about this?

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Does Diego play CM????....i mean like this..

----------striker---striker----striker--------

----------midf-------midf------DIEGO-----
def-------def--------------def---------------def

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
So..No Tiago, Melo, Camo and Momo. Plus Diego doesnt have 90 mins in him yet
That leaves Marchisio and Poulsen only..unless Marrone or Almiron are gonna be involved

I'm not so sure what to expect now coz it has the looks of a game that will need some grinding to get a good result

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Morning in Vinovo, -4 to the championship

The run up to the debut in the championship is in full swing. With four days to go until the match at the Olimpico against Chievo Verona on Sunday night, the team worked in Vinovo on what was a very warm morning.

Chiellini and Camoranesi trained regularly with the group. Del Piero, Zebina and Tiago, who are on their way to recovery, took part in a separate session. Giovinco worked in the gym while absent were Sissoko – who is undergoing therapy in France- and Caceres still on leave.

As on today, definitely absent from the match against the Veneti will be Sissoko, Giovinco and suspended Felipe Melo.

The group worked on the field. After a warm-up session, they proceeded with technique exercises under Dodo Sormani. At the end of the session, Massimiliano Maddaloni worked on attacking schemes with the participation of four Berretti players.

In view of the debut, the weekly schedule foresees another 3 morning sessions: the one tomorrow – Thursday 20th August – will be followed by a press conference by Alessandro Del Piero, which will start at 12:30 and transmitted live on Juventus Channel. The press conference on Saturday, the eve of the match, will take place at the Stadio Olimpico.

- Juventus.com

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Looks like everyone, bar Momo, Gio & Melo, are available for squad selection.

Anyone know what Caceres is on leave for?

davids26

May 13, 2005
Melo is suspended. Sissoko is injured. Camoranesi is unlikely to be match fit. Who do you propose we start in midfield besides Marchisio, Diego, and Tiago? Almiron? We could go with Poulsen, but why not give Iago a chance to deputize for Camo. I doubt Chievo will be pressuring us that much, especially if we have players who can keep hold of the ball and distribute it well.

Why do so many people have this "Italian Mentality" which dictates fear of giving opportunities to players simply based on the fact that they are presumably unaccomplished or have not yet established themselves?

It is our first game of the season, and we can play him for one half, if he screws up badly. The season is still long, and the risk is minimal. It's not like this is a big match against Milan or Inter, a game in the CL QF Knockout stages, or even an elimination game in the Coppa Italia.
What the hell is going on over this dude called Yago, Iago or don't know what, WTF!! I saw the dude playing couple of times and he is ok but nothing fancy!! guys the season didn't even started, it is our first game, reality says that we are still second favorites to Inter and we wanna gamble already!!!!!!!!!!
now if this is the Italian Mentality then I am HUGE FAN, and I would play with the strongest squad I have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)