[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Chievo, August 23rd 2009 (2 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Salihamidzic

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Poulsen

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Diego

• Amauri

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Does anyone know what time will the game be at?

According to livescore, all the games will start on the same day and same time...that can't be right.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Its a shame we are lacking a few players, and some of the stars we have, are not quite fit yet or lacking sharpness, but still...all of the possible formations should be strong enough, without breaking sweat, to win this game. If Ciro has instilled a decent enough spirit into the squad.

...and I think that chap was saying Molinaro wasn't a left back because he has none of the qualities needed to play as a left back, despite the fact its the only position he has ever played for us. Yes, De Ceglie plays on the flank in midfield for the national youth team, but i have never seen him play in a central role, which is what would be happening if Sali took his place at the back, and De Ceglie was part of the central trio. For the sake of solidity, I would prefer to see Sail starting. If all is going well, bring on De Ceglie for the second half or final 20-30 minutes. Reliability wise, Sali is the best bet...but what about Caceres???? No chance he will be starting, or featuring????

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
People are you crazy? What is this obsession that's going on around here? To play players who have 0 expirience in the first match of the season. What do you think our youth team produces? Maradonas and Peles?

I mean it's ok to ask for a couple of minutes to give to our youngsters if we are winning, but to ask them to start. It's insane. And after we start and loose with youngsters, then all the drama begins, how bad we really are.

I guess we just like to buil the expectations as high as possible so it would be more fun to see how they fall.
Melo is suspended. Sissoko is injured. Camoranesi is unlikely to be match fit. Who do you propose we start in midfield besides Marchisio, Diego, and Tiago? Almiron? We could go with Poulsen, but why not give Iago a chance to deputize for Camo. I doubt Chievo will be pressuring us that much, especially if we have players who can keep hold of the ball and distribute it well.

Why do so many people have this "Italian Mentality" which dictates fear of giving opportunities to players simply based on the fact that they are presumably unaccomplished or have not yet established themselves?

It is our first game of the season, and we can play him for one half, if he screws up badly. The season is still long, and the risk is minimal. It's not like this is a big match against Milan or Inter, a game in the CL QF Knockout stages, or even an elimination game in the Coppa Italia.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
---------------Buffon

Zebina---Chiellini--Cannavaro---De Ceglie

Camoranesi----Tiago----Marchisio

-----------------Diego

----Amauri-----------------Trezeguet

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Cause this is Juventus man, every single game we have to play for a win. The fans are not as forgiving as the Gunners for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)