[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Cagliari, April 11th, 2010 (58 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Cagliari (A), Milan (H), Siena (A), Sampdoria (H), Atalanta (A)

Realistically, they can drop points in three of those games to me. We'll need to play our hearts out though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
regardless of whether or not Diego is fit enough to play, I steadfastly believe that Inter is going to be exhausted by the time Friday rolls around. This will be their 3rd match in 7 days, and whether or not anyone thinks that the Coppa Italia is anything of substance, I'm sure it is in the back of Mourinho's mind that he wants to go for the Treble. So, he will have had to plan for 4 matches in 10 days.

something's gotta give.
Exactly.

I would set out to make the pitch big to stretch Inter and make the fuckers run.

Start with something like

Back four

Melo

Sissoko---Marchisio

Candreva--------------Giovinco

Amauri/Iaquinta​

With Candreva and Giovinco nice and wide.

Then, after working Inter hard for 60-70 minutes, bring on Del Piero, Camoranesi and Trezeguet to come on and provide the guile to finish them off.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Exactly.

I would set out to make the pitch big to stretch Inter and make the fuckers run.

Back four

Melo

Sissoko---Marchisio

Amauri/Iaquinta​

Then, after working Inter hard for 60-70 minutes, bring on Del Piero, Camoranesi and Trezeguet to come on and provide the guile to finish them off.
Red, I don't know if I want Sissoko back there in that formation. I would have to choose Camo for that spot. Candreva would exhaust himself after 20 minutes constatnly running back to receive the ball if it is at Sissoko's feet.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Exactly.

Back four

Melo

Sissoko---Marchisio

Amauri/Iaquinta​

:tup: :agree:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think that we are all in agreement though, that Candreva and Giovinco have to be on the pitch Friday night for them to stand a chance.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Red, I don't know if I want Sissoko back there in that formation. I would have to choose Camo for that spot. Candreva would exhaust himself after 20 minutes constatnly running back to receive the ball if it is at Sissoko's feet.
As much as Sissoko has been pissing me off lately, I would like Juve go for as athletic a team as they can muster for this one.

He can always be subbed, depending how the game is going.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
After we scored I remember this post !!!

Juventus stumbles again

Juventus came into this game agianst Cagliari carrying a a big bag of bad results from their disastrous season.

In the 11th minute, Chiellini gives Juventus an early lead through a header, converte from a corner by camoranesi. Zaccheroni then took off del piero and trezeguet and put on salihamediz and Melo to try to hold on to their 1-0 lead.

After just 4 minutes, Cagliari got the equaliser. De Ceglie misplaced his pass and Cagliari scored via a counter attack.

Before halftime, Cagliari took the lead. De Ceglie, who was very ineffective on the left wing, once again, misplaced one of his pass to a Cagliari striker and Cagliari scored with Buffon stranded without defender and 3 on rushing strikers.

After the break, despite the fans calling for Giovinco, Zacceheroni chose to take off Sissoko, and put on Legrottaglie, in an attempt to make Juventus look like their usual looser self this season.

And his wish became reality as Juventus conceded the third goal. De Ceglie once again misplaced his pass to a Cagliari striker and as the striker was advancing on goal, Legrottaglie pulled his shirt and both of them fell. Legrottaglie was injured in the process and was stretchered off with a red card.

Cagliari scored from the spot and the game ended 3-1 to cagliari.

------------------------------------------------

After the game, Zaccheroni stated " Today, we played well but got unlucky, we will go back to working hard and win the next game."

Diego, after the game " This is football, if you play well, you may still loose. this is what happened to us today. But, I will make sure we win the next game."

De Ceglie, post match conference "mistakes happen to all players, today i am on my off day. I am sorry, but in the next game, i will win it for my juventus fans."

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Glad we finally won. I'll take anything at this point.

Iaquinta, DC and Grosso should all be immediately deported. Horrible, horrible players.

Marchisio and Melo did a decent job out there today.

But without Chiellini we would have lost, no doubt about that. He is by far man of the match and gets a 9 rating from me.

The players who should be deported all get zeros for their idiocy.
Agree. I have a same view on this match. DC, Grosso, and IQ are among the worst and Melo, Marchi, Chiellini are the best. DC has some great moment but overall he is not convincing when defend or attack, his passing is horrible. But i think he played than the useless Grosso

One point also, our players always got trapped and surrounded by 2-3 players on the wing. Our players should move to get an empty space to receive the pass

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Glad we finally won. I'll take anything at this point.

Iaquinta, DC and Grosso should all be immediately deported. Horrible, horrible players.

Marchisio and Melo did a decent job out there today.

But without Chiellini we would have lost, no doubt about that. He is by far man of the match and gets a 9 rating from me.

The players who should be deported all get zeros for their idiocy.
Agree. I have a same view on this match. DC, Grosso, and IQ are among the worst and Melo, Marchi, Chiellini are the best. DC has some great moment but overall he is not convincing when defend or attack, his passing is horrible. But i think he played better than the useless Grosso

One point also, our players always got trapped and surrounded by 2-3 players on the wing. Our players should move to get an empty space to receive the pass

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Exactly.

Back four

Melo

Sissoko---Marchisio

Amauri/Iaquinta​

I'm 99% sure Del Piero will start after he was rested today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)