[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Cagliari, April 11th, 2010 (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Howz bout dis, den.

Same backline.

Candreva Melo Marchisio

Giovinco

Amauri DP

Lose a little upfront with the athleticism, but gain experience upfront with DP
That might be worth a try.

From what I had seen, DC did a lot better as a LB in the final 30 minutes
He might have, but IMO he doesn't deserve a passing grade. 30 minutes of a couple interventions doesn't erase 60 of pure madness.

But then again mediocrity is rewarded around here, which is why people like Iaquinta.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That might be worth a try.

He might have, but IMO he doesn't deserve a passing grade. 30 minutes of a couple interventions doesn't erase 60 of pure madness.
They are going to have to take the game to Inter, there is no question about it.

A fully rested DP, Candreva, and a semi-fully rested Giovinco could cause some real problems for that defense.

They are going to have to make Inter suffer, and eventually, I think that Inter could tire out near the end of the match, but for this to happen Giovinco and Candreva MUST play from the outset.

They Must. They have to. Or I will cry. I hate seeing those two on the bench when they have the potential to bring so much to the table.

EDIT- I saw what you did there with the Iaquinta comment at the last minute. Bastard :D

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
An unconvincing win, but an important 3 points nonetheless.

Buffon
Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Grosso
Camoranesi - Melo - Marchisio - Giovinco
Amauri - Del Piero​

That is the formation we should use against Inter next Friday.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They are going to have to take the game to Inter, there is no question about it.

A fully rested DP, Candreva, and a semi-fully rested Giovinco could cause some real problems for that defense.

They are going to have to make Inter suffer, and eventually, I think that Inter could tire out near the end of the match, but for this to happen Giovinco and Candreva MUST play from the outset.

They Must. They have to. Or I will cry. I hate seeing those two on the bench when they have the potential to bring so much to the table.

EDIT- I saw what you did there with the Iaquinta comment at the last minute. Bastard :D
Sorry. :D

We will have to take the game to them, that's for sure. I guess the one saving grace is that the players have a better chance of being up for this game than any other... simply because it's Inter. But that won't be enough to do damage.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sorry. :D

We will have to take the game to them, that's for sure. I guess the one saving grace is that the players have a better chance of being up for this game than any other... simply because it's Inter. But that won't be enough to do damage.
And with a 4-4-2 formation against them, you are simply asking for trouble

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
3 points today, exactly what the doctor ordered. We were still horrible and had to rely on the great chiellini though... Regardless, we get 7 days rest now, inter have a tough midweek game, and then when we play them their minds will more than likely be on the Barca game. Add that to the passion that these guys should have for beating them, I think we stand a great chance of winning this fixture.

One of my worries is that they are seemingly unbeatable at home. As is Mourinho, although there is no team more suitable of shitting all over that record that an under pressure Juventus! For the Inter game I think I would go for:

Buffon
Zebina-Canna-Chiellini-Grosso
Camo-Poulsen-Marchisio-Giovinco
DP- Trez

I'd go for DP and Trez because I dont think Amauri has the same hatred for inter! And that is what is going to help us win this fixture

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Im sure that DP and Trez were just rested.
We might see also Diego at some point..

I want DP scores a winner and after game dedicate a goal to CR ;)

Now, Genoa for win

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Based on what has happened so far, I don't see there being any chance of Zacc attacking Inter.

I don't necessarily think you need to take the game to them to trouble them, but you do need to be willing to press hard and get in their faces. There certainly isn't any point in sitting on the edge of your own penalty area for ninety minutes and hoping for the best.

I would play quite a high line to squeeze Inter in midfield to restrict the space and I would consider using Poulsen to man mark Sneijder.

Sergio, I agree on playing Giovinco and Candreva in this one. It's the only way I see Juve having the pace to trouble Inter on the break.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
If Zac doesn't want to take the game to Cagliari at home, what are the chances of him taking the game to Inter away?

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
anybody who thinks ZAC!!! will start gio against inter must be a raving lunatic!!!

the man has a serious inferiority complex! Chances are he is goin there to defend the point we start with.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #498
    We're fifth ATM, and if Genoa gets the better of Samp we'll keep it.
    IMO, I think that Palermo will be insurmountable, however. The only chance we have at overtaking them is if we suddenly find club form we haven't had in 6 months and Zamparini goes on one of his drinking binges, firing coaches and shooting off his mouth.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Based on what has happened so far, I don't see there being any chance of Zacc attacking Inter.

I don't necessarily think you need to take the game to them to trouble them, but you do need to be willing to press hard and get in their faces. There certainly isn't any point in sitting on the edge of your own penalty area for ninety minutes and hoping for the best.

I would play quite a high line to squeeze Inter in midfield to restrict the space and I would consider using Poulsen to man mark Sneijder.

Sergio, I agree on playing Giovinco and Candreva in this one. It's the only way I see Juve having the pace to trouble Inter on the break.
    And If Diego were healthy I would have gone for an all out offensive Zeman style attack with Candreva Marchisio Giovinco in midfield with Diego supporting DP and Amauri.

regardless of whether or not Diego is fit enough to play, I steadfastly believe that Inter is going to be exhausted by the time Friday rolls around. This will be their 3rd match in 7 days, and whether or not anyone thinks that the Coppa Italia is anything of substance, I'm sure it is in the back of Mourinho's mind that he wants to go for the Treble. So, he will have had to plan for 4 matches in 10 days.

something's gotta give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)