[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-1 Udinese (August 23rd, 2015) (12 Viewers)

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Dump Mandzukic from the starting lineup. Poachers are a thing of the past. Some people think all a striker has to do is score goals, but I truly believe forwards need to be more complete in this day and age.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Man, is it ok that I am not worried at all? I didn't like our game in the second half but it didn't bother me.
It didnt bother me as much at first until we started the the subs around 60-70 mind and it showed me how inept we can truly be. Overall before that lacked killer instinct and ability to truly create clear chances, but in overall the performance itself except for few players, was encouraging at first, mainly the first half high tempo and high pressuring.

- - - Updated - - -

We tend to suck against minnows and recover when it matters tbh.

Pogba needs to show up
Wtf, we won 4 straight scudetti because we tend to suck against minnows? Do you even read what you type before you click send?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Dump Mandzukic from the starting lineup. Poachers are a thing of the past. Some people think all a striker has to do is score goals, but I truly believe forwards need to be more complete in this day and age.
Okay if you say so.To defend like Costa/Benzema/Falcao/Suarez do?Yes you are right.They all do that and are complete strikers and not a poachers like Mandzulic.Give him some balls and you will immediately see what he is capable of.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It didnt bother me as much at first until we started the the subs around 60-70 mind and it showed me how inept we can truly be. Overall before that lacked killer instinct and ability to truly create clear chances, but in overall the performance itself except for few players, was encouraging at first, mainly the first half high tempo and high pressuring.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf, we won 4 straight scudetti because we tend to suck against minnows? Do you even read what you type before you click send?
Wow, wtf, anger, anger, waaaaaahhhh

Then, calm the fuck down and think.

Remember the first two years. Winning nearly every big game. Tending to lose points against the lower teams. We are excellent against teams that want to play, and we tend to play underwhelming against lower teams, making it the usual grind.

Even last season, many of the lower teams ended up beeing grinds. Always has been like this. We''ve never been a team that found it easy to consistantly win the game easely against lower opponents.

Europe is the best example. We get to struggle against the copenhagens and the malmo's. Then go and win critical games against the big teams in the group. We are usually all build to be a nightmare to make the play against.

Therefore, as it has been many times the past years. I'm not worried about the game against Roma. We'll play well.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
A loss is pretty bad to start with obviously. But it's still the first game of the season, plenty of time to right this wrong :D

Still can't help but feel that we had a very poorly planned pre-season, our players are nowhere near 100%, and given the fact that there is so many new faces, we probably should have played more games to bed everyone in. Now we have to use actual Serie A games to get everyone into sync. Not ideal.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Okay if you say so.To defend like Costa/Benzema/Falcao/Suarez do?Yes you are right.They all do that and are complete strikers and not a poachers like Mandzulic.Give him some balls and you will immediately see what he is capable of.
No, its not about defending. It's about having the ability to link up play. Icardi has the same problem at Inter. Great finisher, bad footballer.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
No, its not about defending. It's about having the ability to link up play. Icardi has the same problem at Inter. Great finisher, bad footballer.
Ínter fan?

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala has to be a starter against Roma... He and Pogba are the only players availables that pause, look and then pass..

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Me? No, just making an example. Probably a superior finisher to Mandzukic, but a player who similarly suffers from his inability around the park. Gomez before his injury comes to mind too. I think poachers have a place. Just not in the starting lineup.

NYJuventino

Aug 7, 2015
Me? No, just making an example. Probably a superior finisher to Mandzukic, but a player who similarly suffers from his inability around the park. Gomez before his injury comes to mind too. I think poachers have a place. Just not in the starting lineup.
You mean like Toni who was the top scorer in Serie A last year and has the most goals in a Serie A season (31) ?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd like to put in a special shout out to our GOAT Pre-season.

Played like 4 games, the last game against a bunch of kids and the others against clubs much further along in to their training regime. Enough with the fucking pathetic pre-seasons please

As for the subs. Just lol.

Isla is cancer, that much we all know. And having Nando and Mandzukic in the box is fine & dandy but it'd help if we could cross.

This squad is still not complete, we lost 3 key players in the blink of an eye and now it's probably going to be 3 games in to the season before the new boys are fully integrated including whoever we buy next.

What the fuck is a Coman-Mandzukic lead 3-5-2 Padoin DLP squad going to do against a parked bus tbh?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Pogba pissed me off today. I don't care how silky he can be in midfield. His decision making was crap and please God let us sign a CAM who can take over set piece duty.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

How possible can be a great finisher a bad player?Especially if his job is to score?I wish Mandzukic to score like Icardi does last season and I will admit that he has to be dumped.Although I hate that little prick.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Ok....lets get something clear people. I watched the whole game, Udinese were defending like crazy, they scored from their one, single shot in the game at that point while we missed 2-3 very good chances. I have to say that the overall play of our team was good considering we had Coman and Padoin as starters at probably the most crucial positions for the 3-5-2, two bench players that are not anything special, and yet they had to play on the two most important positions for the 3-5-2.

On the other hand, we have won 4 fucking straight Scudetti, how long do you think that this streak is going to last?? The moment will come when we will finish 2nd or even 3rd, its completely normal, and it goes by any footballing logic.

Things will get only better, we have an amazing team, the strongest in Italy, this was just a minor set-back.... Forza Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)